Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Ross Cunty

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think that was Stewart's best performance to date for us. Still nae convinced like but a few more games like that and I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Need to start burying teams though. Defending one goal leads is perilous especially if Joe starts chucking the occasional one in as he has in the past few weeks.

Sevco have a run of 3 relatively easy games coming up, need to get a run of wins ourselves to maintain our lead

Ooft that was some finish from Christie for the equaliser. We really need to break the bank to sign him (if possible).

Absolutely manc.

Still wish we had Maddison too.

Ah well.

Id like to see us try Maynard and May.still think Maynard will be good for us.call it a hunch.he badly needs that first goal though.

Lewis with a shocker..was nothing to do with the wind just lack of concentration.i stand by my opinion that he was at fault for Celtic's first goal still.we all like Joe and dont wanna hear criticism of him and he did redeem himself with County after his howler.:)

We badly need to keep Christie.Mclean and Shinnie may be our engine at times but Christie is definitely the steering wheel.

Really like McKenna.he's the reason County didnt equalise too.

Good 3 points

Hope to see Christie in the Scotland team v Holland.

Oh and well done Storey for your goal.

.i stand by my opinion that he was at fault for Celtic's first goal still.

If he had saved it, a shot struck perfectly at point blank range, hit off the underside of the bar, immediately after having to scramble the full length of his goal, he would’ve pulled off the best reaction save ever seen at Pittodrie. It was a less than one per center.

The third goal however, he failed to dominate his area and stopped coming for a ball he could have got to.

You’re the only one blaming Lewis for the first. Is it the fact that at least 3 of us didn’t agree (before you got the thread locked) that makes you hold firm? Do you not make mistakes like the rest of us or have you a pathological need to never be seen to be wrong? You could at least demonstrate your superior football knowledge by explaining what Joe did wrong at the first and discussing his role at the third.

For the record, I don’t blame Lewis for the irrelevant third. Not many keepers would peddle back that much into traffic. He did have a chance to get there but chose not to try. But he had a better chance at that one than the first, by ten or twentyfold.

The third goal was offside.

I haven't watched any replay of the game and I'm not going to but I was sitting bang in line and at no time were the tims involved in an onside position.

Yes there were a number of them in the middle offside as the free kick was played in. But how often do we ever see the game stopped in those situations, the ball clearly going to the back post and those in the middle arguably not interfering with play? By the strict letter of the law, you’re 100% correct.

If he had saved it, a shot struck perfectly at point blank range, hit off the underside of the bar, immediately after having to scramble the full length of his goal, he would’ve pulled off the best reaction save ever seen at Pittodrie. It was a less than one per center.

The third goal however, he failed to dominate his area and stopped coming for a ball he could have got to.

You’re the only one blaming Lewis for the first. Is it the fact that at least 3 of us didn’t agree (before you got the thread locked) that makes you hold firm? Do you not make mistakes like the rest of us or have you a pathological need to never be seen to be wrong? You could at least demonstrate your superior football knowledge by explaining what Joe did wrong at the first and discussing his role at the third.

For the record, I don’t blame Lewis for the irrelevant third. Not many keepers would peddle back that much into traffic. He did have a chance to get there but chose not to try. But he had a better chance at that one than the first, by ten or twentyfold.

Just won't drop it huh.

Ok as I already mentioned...

Any goalkeeper or goalkeeper coach will tell you when you are trying to narrow the very tight angle that occurred against Celtic, you stand up to shots.

He bent backwards and allowed a gap.maybe miniscule but still a gap.

Go watch the goal again.

And by the way, you're the one who managed to get the thread shut with your constant harassing of any post I write.

I don't mind arguing with you...it doesn't bother me if you want to continue this pettiness.

You called the mods cunts and boring fucks was it?

Be careful old man.

I’m not harassing anyone. I just happen to have a different opinion to yours. That’s the whole point of the forum isn’t it, exchanging opinions? It’s not personal. I will argue with any opinion I see differently, as most of here will attest.

You being in a minority of one doesn’t mean that you’re wrong either, just that you’re in a minority of one.

Out of interest dd, do you reckon Lewis was “at fault” for the first Celtic goal?

Aw you needing back up?  :rofl:

There's not really been a lot of discussion on here about who was at fault for the first goal.maybe 3 people said anything about it.so me being the ONLY one is scraping the barrel.

I'm pretty sure there would be plenty dons fans asking about Joe's prowess for that first goal whilst agreeing it was a great shot at an acute angle.

You'll probably refer me to Van Basten's classic or tell me to read Pythagoras though cos u so clevvaaaa..me so stoopit.

I'm amazed football isn't beneath you.no way could you mix with us low lives and shout and stuff.

Stick to the comfort of your sofa with your Dom Perignon and your 60s slippers.

Out of interest dd, do you reckon Lewis was “at fault” for the first Celtic goal?

Difficult to tell from where I was sitting.

Daft angle to score from but it was blootered and seemed to come off the woodwork.

As I said, I have no interest in watching any replay.

I’m not harassing anyone. I just happen to have a different opinion to yours. That’s the whole point of the forum isn’t it, exchanging opinions? It’s not personal. I will argue with any opinion I see differently, as most of here will attest.

You being in a minority of one doesn’t mean that you’re wrong either, just that you’re in a minority of one.

You're not that clever to disguise harassment I'm afraid.

You have tried to belittle me as someone not entitled to an opinion on this forum.

It has been quite obvious.

Like I said you don't bother me.my life isn't this forum.

I just think you're really boring and kinda looking for an outlet.

It's all good. I welcome discussions.

You just seem a bit obsessed with my posts and looking like a bit of a dick by insulting many dons fans.

I'm only insulting you..I hope  :greengrin:

I can’t tell you what to do but you’re obviously determined to make it personal.

I’m sorry I told you to grow up. I should have known someone like you would take it badly.

Hah shall I quote you on many posts about how you have made this personal.

Act I can't be bothered but you are talking shite again.

You're the one obsessed.

Maybe you're gay, maybe you like me.

Maybe you want to feel superior to me somehow.who knows.

I do however, think I'm falling for you big time rocket.

:-*

FWIW I've watched the first goal a number of times now. There can be no doubt that Joe certainly isn't standing tall as the ball flashes right above his head. If he had been the pace of the ball would have whacked him directly on the coupon and probably knocked him clean out for the count.

My opinion.....Joe was facing one way ready to deal with Dembele either shooting or crossing. He crossed, not finding his probable intended target due to the pace of the cross but instead finding Tierney at what looked like an impossible angle to score from way beyond the back post. Joe was just completing his turn at this point and had no time to position properly (ie standing tall to the shot) before it whistled right over his head. And thankfully so because as said above...the shot was so powerfully struck I'm not sure he would have had time to get his hands in front of his face before the ball would have struck him either on his face or forehead and probably concussing him in doing so.

Not guilty your Honour

Not only are the general standards of literacy declining on an alarming scale, it’s alarming that these cunts don’t care.

Some of these thick boring bastards get mod status in the modern era!

Nothing more boring that pointing out people's typos. Which is why no one does it to you. Or did you think it was because you never make grammatical errors?  ::)

Apologies for not fully proof reading my posts on a forum that you're adamant doesn't matter in "real life". Judging by the amount of time you spend on here this place matters more than you're willing to admit and if you keep on being a cunt you won't be able to post and you'll have to find something else to fill the void and to mask your gaping insecurity.

FFS min. I ken you're not a fan of McLean, but nobody could claim he was shite today.

He was my MOTM, I thought he had a great game today.

I'd say Christie was MOTM but Kenny certainly did have a very good game. I hope the hun cunt stays.

Nothing more boring that pointing out people's typos. Which is why no one does it to you. Or did you think it was because you never make grammatical errors?  ::)

Apologies for not fully proof reading my posts on a forum that you're adamant doesn't matter in "real life". Judging by the amount of time you spend on here this place matters more than you're willing to admit and if you keep on being a cunt you won't be able to post and you'll have to find something else to fill the void and to mask your gaping insecurity.

Amen to that.

;D

Funny that, the rocket scientist known as N & T warned me of this last week. Wonder how he knew?

Good fucking grief. Always the same...

Funny that, the rocket scientist known as N & T warned me of this last week. Wonder how he knew?

Good fucking grief. Always the same...

What's always the same, Rocket?

And as for the first part I'm not sure what you're referring to and I'm not sure what exactly it is that you're insinuating.

This has always been easily the most lenient AFC forum (which is, I suspect, why you're here) and personally I've always tried to moderate as little as possible. If threads are being locked/closed/edited it's unlikely it was me because It's not something I do unless absolutely necessary. (coincidentally enough the last post that met those criteria as far as I remember was from you.) I'm not a huge fan of my words being changed, manipulated or censored in any way and for any reason so if I have to moderate (even on a forum that isn't "real life") I won't take that decision lightly. And it's not about taking myself too seriously. If anything I'm the opposite.

I ken you enjoy posting here and it's obvious you don't want that taken away so do yourself a favour and stop seemingly trying your best to get under everyone's skin. I'd have sent this privately but that didn't have much of an effect last time.

What's always the same, Rocket?

And as for the first part I'm not sure what you're referring to and I'm not sure what exactly it is that you're insinuating.

This has always been easily the most lenient AFC forum (which is, I suspect, why you're here) and personally I've always tried to moderate as little as possible. If threads are being locked/closed/edited it's unlikely it was me because It's not something I do unless absolutely necessary. (coincidentally enough the last post that met those criteria as far as I remember was from you.) I'm not a huge fan of my words being changed, manipulated or censored in any way and for any reason so if I have to moderate (even on a forum that isn't "real life") I won't take that decision lightly. And it's not about taking myself too seriously. If anything I'm the opposite.

I ken you enjoy posting here and it's obvious you don't want that taken away so do yourself a favour and stop seemingly trying your best to get under everyone's skin. I'd have sent this privately but that didn't have much of an effect last time.

I don't believe you.  :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Let me correct you before I go.

I have never ever "tried my best to get under anyone's skin". There's a lot of shit spoken in forums and I'm one of the first to say it's shit. That poster, the one who's in a minority of one all too often, has got the same right to post as anybody but my calling out the shite he speaks isn't trying to get under his skin. You never liked it when I called out the shit you posted but you were never direct enough to debate it, always waiting a few days before coming back with a snide comment on a totally different subject. There is one other poster who annoys me intensely for his ALWAYS sticking up for the established way of things and NEVER questioning authority but it's not about personal spats from my angle, it's only about commenting on what was said.

You're a beaut min.