Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celeb Deaths

fatjim

Greg Lake from ELP, cancer.  Was a big fan of ELP, only Carl Palmer left now.  2016 has been a bastard for celebs dying off.

An excuse to play one of the finest Xmas songs ever written and recorded. It was not Greg's typical musical style and the message certainly wasn't grasped by many at the time.

RIP Greg Lake

I am reminded of the great Wilco Johnson and what he said about the music scene in the mid 70's, specifically the genre that became known as prog rock. It was inaccessible to most and was never of the people nor for the people. We have those type of "musicians" to thank for creating the vacuum that punk blew apart. Even today, some of the innovative music being produced has the second half of the 70's to thank for showing what was possible.

I saw the Quo live in 91, not my thing at all, but what a show they give full of energy, you end up head banging with the best of them.

An easy target to have a go at, but the thing is they don't have any real artistic pretentions they just made music and had a good few hits which will still be playing long after we are pushing up the daisys.

RIP Rick - You crammed more into your 68 years than most of us would in 168 years.

I saw the Quo live in 91, not my thing at all, but what a show they give full of energy, you end up head banging with the best of them.

An easy target to have a go at, but the thing is they don't have any real artistic pretentions they just made music and had a good few hits which will still be playing long after we are pushing up the daisys.

RIP Rick - You crammed more into your 68 years than most of us would in 168 years.

Was a big fan of the Quo growing up(before they went all marguerita time).For me they were an escape from the dodgy music of the mid to late seventies like Cassidy,the Osmonds,the Chilites.Simpleton rock but it felt rebellious at the time.

Rip Rick

Re George Michael - Couldna stand the guy but pretty shocked to hear the news.

Sounds like heart failure they say