Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/276215-businessman-creates-two-new-glasgow-rangers-companies/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Businessman creates two new 'Glasgow Rangers' companies

Club denies any involvement as Glasgow Rangers Limited and Glasgow Rangers Football Club Limited are incorporated.

A businessman based in England has set up two new companies which have been incorporated featuring the name Glasgow Rangers.

Glasgow Rangers Limited and Glasgow Rangers Football Club Limited were both registered with Companies House on Tuesday, with both registered at an address in High Wycombe.

Mr Gerard Moran is listed as the sole director, with his registered address the same as that given for the two companies. Moran was not available when STV contacted one of his other companies.

The businessman is also registered as owning Gaselectric Renewals Limited and Credit Agreement Auditors Limited, which are both based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.

However Craig Whyte, who purchased an 85% share in Rangers Football Club plc in May this year, has denied any knowledge of the companies’ creation and says they are not linked in any way with the SPL club.

A spokeswoman for the club said: "Craig Whyte knows absolutely nothing about this."

The financial stewarship of Rangers has been under intense scutiny because of the club's impending tax case against HM Revenue and Customs.

Mr Whyte has stated that administration is "one option" for the club if the case goes against them, but he told STV that he was doing everything in his power to prevent it happening.

They had an anti-BBC banner on display yesterday  ::)

Seemingly they are having some sort of protest at BBC in Glasgow sometime soon.  A hun I was speaking to after the game is taking part in the protest, but at the same time was looking forward to watching MOTD last night for the goals in the Chelsea v Arsenal game!  You couldn't make it up!

Also, "If you hate Alex Salmond clap your hands" was one of the song yesterday!  ::)

Rangers face a ban from European competition next season should the Scottish Premier League leaders go into administration this term. (Sunday Post)

Rangers face the prospect of three years without European football if forced to start a new company because of their tax dispute with the HMRC. (Scotland on Sunday)

Here's hoping :thumbsup:

I see some agent is suing them for over £100,000 as well  :thumbsup:

My only fear is if hearts and the hun do go bust there might be some sort of panic/domino effect and half the senior clubs in Scotland would vanish in their current form. I'd be interested to see a list of the clubs from the 4 senior divisions that DON'T have a debt (or at least not a significant one)

I see some agent is suing them for over £100,000 as well  :thumbsup:

My only fear is if hearts and the hun do go bust there might be some sort of panic/domino effect and half the senior clubs in Scotland would vanish in their current form. I'd be interested to see a list of the clubs from the 4 senior divisions that DON'T have a debt (or at least not a significant one)

There's not a single scenario I can think of where the Hun (and/or Tims) go under andthings aren't better than they were bfore.

Fuck them.

SPL - Rangers 'could be docked 75 points'

Mon, 31 Oct 12:02:00 2011

SPL leaders Rangers could be docked as many as 75 points if they are forced to become a new entity due to their current financial problems, according to the Daily Record.

The Ibrox giants are facing a £49 million tax bill which early this month club chairman Craig Whyte admitted was "paralysing" the club.

The Scottish champions are involved in two separate disputes with HM Revenue and Customs, relating to payments before Whyte completed his takeover.

The club have not paid a £2.8m tax bill which first emerged in April, relating to payments made to staff between 1999 to 2003. They are believed to be disputing a fine that goes with it.

A tax tribunal, which could cost the club £49m, will resume in November.

Now the Daily Record is claiming that there would be no way that Rangers could possibly pay that money back, and that the penalty for entering a club into the SPL under a new guise would be severe.

If such a situation transpires, then the Record claims that Rangers could face an extra 15 point deduction on top of the usual 10 point deduction that goes to a club that enters administration.

In the piece written by James Traynor, the paper also claims that such a penalty could be imposed for three consecutive season meaning they would be docked 75 points in total.

If Rangers were forced to rebrand themselves as a new club, they would also face being banned from European football for three seasons by UEFA under recently introduced guidelines.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com//31102011/58/spl-rangers-docked-75-points.html

:lolabove:  :wave:  :wave:  :wave:

Now the Daily Record is claiming that there would be no way that Rangers could possibly pay that money back, and that the penalty for entering a club into the SPL under a new guise would be severe.

Im sorry

entering the spl under a new guise???

Dont recall Airdrie simply re-entering the First division under a new guise

Dont recall Gretna being offered the option to 'Re-enter' the SPL under a new guise

If Glasgow rangers FC ceases to exist then there is a spare space in the scottish league up for grabs and they should have to go through the same crap Annan, Ross County, Caley Thistle, Elgin, Peterhead and Airdrie United had to. If 'wearedapeoplebyraway United' were let simply let straight back into the SPL I would hope UEFA would ban scotland from international football until they were sent back to the 3rd division where they belong.

Be even more of a joke if they were let back in with a 75 point penalty ::)

I've always liked Jim Traynor.  ;D

Why did Livi get put back to the 3rd division but Dundee only got docked points?

Obviously Rangers would be exempt from a similar fate to Livi's.

My understanding, and I realise this sounds fucking insane, was that the difference was that Dundee went into administration mid season while Livi did so out of season.

My understanding, and I realise this sounds fucking insane, was that the difference was that Dundee went into administration mid season while Livi did so out of season.

From drink damaged memory the main difference was Livingston could not give guarantees about completeing the fixture list and Dundee could.