Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

I didn't like the dark knight rises too much. Too many characters with the plot line jumping around and never really focusing on any of them. What was the point in having cat women and the other women? One would have been enough. It was too long and in the first hour almost nothing happens. I am all for slow build ups and all that but it was just a bit dull imo. I also struggled to hear the things Bane was saying.

The worst thing about was the ending though. Just stupid.

I quite liked the ending. But I agree about Bane. I missed a lot of what he said because I just couldn't make it out. I also want it to be explained properly why he's got the mask and what it's for. I guess you had to be a fan of the comics to know that.

I quite liked the ending. But I agree about Bane. I missed a lot of what he said because I just couldn't make it out. I also want it to be explained properly why he's got the mask and what it's for. I guess you had to be a fan of the comics to know that.

Far as I can tell the comic book bane was just an intellectual strong bloke who ended up being experimented on with some sort of chemical that actually poisoned everyone else but gave him superhuman strength. His mask was more like the sort mexican wrestlers wear though and he needed to inject himself with the chemical at regular intervals to keep himself alive.

As for the mask in the film it was to keep back the pain of the injuries he sustained when he was attacked before he turned into a bit of a psycho.

personally I understood everything he said and ive got terrible hearing :thumbsup:

All jokes aside, word on the street is that gun sales went up 43% in America the weekend after the shooting.

Hell yeah!

More guns!

::)

TBF be fair I don't blame people for being scared into buying a little bit of protection.

Scared of what?

Other people with guns. You have to protect yourself from other people with guns funster.

How else would you relieve that fear? Apart from the obvious of removing the guns completely from the equation but how is that going to keep the economy going?

Scared of what?

Scared of getting shot. Was that nae obvious? If I'm in a cinema and some nut comes in shooting at a' cunt and I can shoot him before he gets to his next victim me then by having this gun I'd maybe have managed to save some lives in this scenario.

That said banning them entirely is of course a good thing. But if nuts want to shoot folk they'll acquire the means to do some somehow some way.

Anyway. 5 weeks until I'm back in The U.S of A. Going to a hand gun range. Looking forward to that tbh be honest. I hate the idea of hunting animals but I can see why people enjoy using shooting ranges.

• 4 weeks later...

Been on nightshift and discovered a good website for films so watched Captain America (average), Ted (quite funny and enjoyable. Would see again) and unbelievably just watched halfway through Gladiator. I've always seen bits and pieces of it but never the whole thing. A film I think is worth mentioning watching is The Blind Side. Excellent film and a great story. Sandra Bullock is excellent in it as are all the cast.