Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

Really enjoyed Prometheus.  Some rather gory scenes and leaves a few unanswered questions at the end with regard to Alien.  Wouldn't surprise me if there is another Alien prequel in the offing but they need to get Ridley Scott to direct it as well, otherwise it could all go to rat shit (aka Star Wars episodes 1-3).

Went to see Ill Manors last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It's the first film of Musician Plan B. He wrote and directed it. He's known for quality story telling in his music and the film lives up to that too. Low budget but still really good.

Really enjoyed Prometheus.  Some rather gory scenes and leaves a few unanswered questions at the end with regard to Alien.  Wouldn't surprise me if there is another Alien prequel in the offing but they need to get Ridley Scott to direct it as well, otherwise it could all go to rat shit (aka Star Wars episodes 1-3).

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thought it was good as a stand alone film but also kind of felt like an Alien film too, very much a prequel of a prequel and has some explaining to do but on the whole excellent although a little confusing in places. Wish there were more aliens like the one at the end, but that is for the next film im sure. As you say it will have to be directed by Ridley Scott or it could end up a bit of a mess.

Men in Black 3 (in 2D) was alrite for a fiver.

Not really sure why they needed to bother with a 3D version but I think that about almost every 'blockbuster' these days

With regards to prometheus surely the logical step is to bring James Cameron back for the following prequel  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get the new Spiderman movie.

Isn't it just telling the same story that's already been told about a hundred times previously?

I think their rights to the film were running out so they did it for shits and giggles. As I said, Emma stone is hot, that's all you need to know  :thumbsup:

I don't get the new Spiderman movie.

Isn't it just telling the same story that's already been told about a hundred times previously?

Nah it's actually a very different story to the original Tobey Maguire number. I'm not usually into comic books films but as with the original Spiderman I really enjoyed this one. Although the glass-shattering basketball scene left me cringing.

Nah it's actually a very different story to the original Tobey Maguire number. I'm not usually into comic books films but as with the original Spiderman I really enjoyed this one. Although the glass-shattering basketball scene left me cringing.

Exact same film with a couple of minor tweaks. Not really worth seeing.

I didn't like the dark knight rises too much. Too many characters with the plot line jumping around and never really focusing on any of them. What was the point in having cat women and the other women? One would have been enough. It was too long and in the first hour almost nothing happens. I am all for slow build ups and all that but it was just a bit dull imo. I also struggled to hear the things Bane was saying.

The worst thing about was the ending though. Just stupid.

I didn't like the dark knight rises too much. Too many characters with the plot line jumping around and never really focusing on any of them. What was the point in having cat women and the other women? One would have been enough. It was too long and in the first hour almost nothing happens. I am all for slow build ups and all that but it was just a bit dull imo. I also struggled to hear the things Bane was saying.

The worst thing about was the ending though. Just stupid.