Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer

manc_don

Don't really know yet but my provisional route so far is sort of Paris-Amsterdam-Berlin-Warsaw-Krakow-Prague-Vienna-Bratislava-Budapest-Lubiljana-Zagreb-Dubrovnik-Sofia-Bucharest-Varna-trains back to Calais to save me a flight home.

However seeing as all but a couple of these places are capital cities I might read up about some of these countries and try and vist the smaller cities in them. Also I may need to condense it down a bit if I'm only going for a month.

You'll never manage to do that in a month.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really know yet but my provisional route so far is sort of Paris-Amsterdam-Berlin-Warsaw-Krakow-Prague-Vienna-Bratislava-Budapest-Lubiljana-Zagreb-Dubrovnik-Sofia-Bucharest-Varna-trains back to Calais to save me a flight home.

However seeing as all but a couple of these places are capital cities I might read up about some of these countries and try and vist the smaller cities in them. Also I may need to condense it down a bit if I'm only going for a month.

As Dave said you may be struggling to do that in a month. 15 places there in 30 days, take into account how long some of the journeys will be you're not leaving yourself a lot of time in each place.

As Dave said you may be struggling to do that in a month. 15 places there in 30 days, take into account how long some of the journeys will be you're not leaving yourself a lot of time in each place.

I'll probably just cut out the last five places and concentrate on central Europe.

we looked into getting over to Sofia and Bucharest and it's a logistical nightmare and it would take some amount of time if you included those two.

How much is your trip going to cost you? I'll have about £2k for about a month so I think that will be ok.

i'm taking £2k for three weeks, which is roughly £100 a day. The rail ticket we got was £310 which is for use in 10 days out of 22.  But you'll be closer to £500 if you're away for a month.

I'm a youth so it will be £350 for a month which is pretty good.

Result. You definitely doing this then?

I've already booked sleeper to London then eurostar to paris and I think I'm going to prebook hostels in Paris and Amsterdam(the flying pig looks fucking ace). Although some hostels are just over 18 which is a bit shit. Also I know someone in Berlin who I'm going to stay with but after that I'll just stay in random hostels. But yea I'm almost definitely going to do it. Slightly worried about doing it alone but will hopefully meet some people in hostels I will be staying in.

I finish my summer job at the start of September and don't have another job lined up till the start of December so thought I should just do a bit of traveling in between.

I've already booked sleeper to London then eurostar to paris and I think I'm going to prebook hostels in Paris and Amsterdam(the flying pig looks fucking ace). Although some hostels are just over 18 which is a bit shit. Also I know someone in Berlin who I'm going to stay with but after that I'll just stay in random hostels. But yea I'm almost definitely going to do it. Slightly worried about doing it alone but will hopefully meet some people in hostels I will be staying in.

I finish my summer job at the start of September and don't have another job lined up till the start of December so thought I should just do a bit of traveling in between.

Don't worry about Hostels being Over 18. They won't throw you out for being 17.

And going London-Paris-Amsterdam-Berlin are up there with the 4 most expensive cities in the whole of europe.

Being alone is much better than going with your friends (you'll just fall out) and you'll make more friends on the road if you're by yourself. I'm off be myself in 6 short days  :thumbsup:

Don't worry about Hostels being Over 18. They won't throw you out for being 17.

And going London-Paris-Amsterdam-Berlin are up there with the 4 most expensive cities in the whole of europe.

Being alone is much better than going with your friends (you'll just fall out) and you'll make more friends on the road if you're by yourself. I'm off be myself in 6 short days  :thumbsup:

I'm in London for three hours so I wont be spending much money there and Berlin I'm getting free accommodation so that will save me money.

I sent some hostel in Paris an email and asked if it was ok that I'm 17 and they said I had to be 18. Cunts.

I'm in London for three hours so I wont be spending much money there and Berlin I'm getting free accommodation so that will save me money.

I sent some hostel in Paris an email and asked if it was ok that I'm 17 and they said I had to be 18. Cunts.

Just dont tell them you're 17 then.

The Hans Brinker hostel isn't bad either! They put the Smeltic-Aberdeen cup replay game on for me especially even though the club (below the hostle) wasn't opening for a few hours. Also have a bar upstairs which is fairly cheap and a great place to start a night out.  That aside though, you'll have a great time! In Amsterdam, check out the club Dansen bij Jansen for student fanny  :thumbsup: Somehow managed to get talked into dancing on the bar for free Sambuca by a hot barmaid. It was fun though ;)

Slightly worried about doing it alone but will hopefully meet some people in hostels I will be staying in.

Don't worry about that Andrew, travelling by yourself is good and if anything forces you to talk to other folk in hostels, bars etc instead of just staying in your own wee group. Also means you can do as you wish when you wish. It's a good confidence boost for you too if you do it by yourself and will mean you won't think twice about going away by yourself again. You'll have a blast.

The Hans Brinker hostel isn't bad either! They put the Smeltic-Aberdeen cup replay game on for me especially even though the club (below the hostle) wasn't opening for a few hours. Also have a bar upstairs which is fairly cheap and a great place to start a night out.  That aside though, you'll have a great time! In Amsterdam, check out the club Dansen bij Jansen for student fanny  :thumbsup: Somehow managed to get talked into dancing on the bar for free Sambuca by a hot barmaid. It was fun though ;)

I stayed there in March when I was over for the Scotland game.  Was a decent place, the club was quality, we were in there one night till about 6am drinking vodkas and red bull and said to bar man, when do you close and he just goes, whenever you decide to leave or run out of money :thumbsup:

Also, a decent 'coffee shop' directly across the road and a wee Dutch version of a greasy spoon 2 mins up the road which did a cracking breakfast.

I stayed there in March when I was over for the Scotland game.  Was a decent place, the club was quality, we were in there one night till about 6am drinking vodkas and red bull and said to bar man, when do you close and he just goes, whenever you decide to leave or run out of money :thumbsup:

Also, a decent 'coffee shop' directly across the road and a wee Dutch version of a greasy spoon 2 mins up the road which did a cracking breakfast.

Amazing cooked breakfast!  :thumbsup: Nice waitress when I was in there too.