Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Summer

manc_don

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say dave_min, thats not Ryan Air colours! Is that a 400 series? Don't get me wrong, he is very good at what he does or has done. I just hate it. They take the piss. I don't have any real beef with budget airlines, just generally the customer service is piss poor. I've been on Ryan Air twice, to O'Porto and back, and the worst thing, despite their sickly yellow interior was this bloody song they kept playing on repeat before the journey. It was worse than that bloody Frog!

I prefer to pay that little bit extra nowadays for a) a bit of peace, b) food and c) reliable and user friendly times! But I will still use budget airlines if they are considerably cheaper. I've flown Wizz Air a few times, they were ok. Actually had hot air stewardesses!

I was going to say dave_min, thats not Ryan Air colours! Is that a 400 series? Don't get me wrong, he is very good at what he does or has done. I just hate it. They take the piss. I don't have any real beef with budget airlines, just generally the customer service is piss poor. I've been on Ryan Air twice, to O'Porto and back, and the worst thing, despite their sickly yellow interior was this bloody song they kept playing on repeat before the journey. It was worse than that bloody Frog!

I prefer to pay that little bit extra nowadays for a) a bit of peace, b) food and c) reliable and user friendly times! But I will still use budget airlines if they are considerably cheaper. I've flown Wizz Air a few times, they were ok. Actually had hot air stewardesses!

It's a 737-8AS, not entirely sure what's different about it though?

I use Ryanair lots, as sometimes their prices also take the piss. £4 to Berlin? I don't think you can complain about it?

I take absolutely nothing optional, a racksack and my online boarding pass, they're great at what they do and I love it.

A weekend in Berlin/Krakow/Belfast/Brussels/Madrid/Munich/Bratislava? Why the fuck not? I spend less on travel to get there than I did getting from Aberdeen to the Weeg for the Huns game.

As for your extras

(a) I sleep through flights, doubt it'd mke any difference if I was first-class or on the wing

(b) Airline food is shite, take it with you, I'm sure Stanstead (Maybe Luton) has a Subway after you clear security checks  :thumbsup:

© Ryanair are the most on-time airline (they've got a buzzer to tell you when you land ;) ) Their times do tend to be first thing in the morning or last thing at night (unless you're flying to a secondary airport) but then you can kip in the airport, get extra days away without paying for hostels, works out perfect for scum like me

And hot air-stewardesses, buy the Ryanair Calendar, it's sleaze-tastic

I'd disagree with you that all airline food is rubbish. I've had some great breakfast rolls with BA, some awesome food with Emirates and United. Admitedly i've had some shockers, but no worse than the food provided on the pigeons. Does amuse me how Schiphol have acknowledged this by building a cattle shack for the Budget airlines. I think that is one of the reasons what's put me off. I hate having to use that terminal. No seats, vending machines or toilets.

Aw don't spoil this reasonably entertaining thread by talking about Ryanair - I absolutely hate them - they are up with there with BT as my least favourite company

Any reason in particular, Ryanair are up there with Google as my favourite companies.

Sauce?

Their taxes seem to be more than any other airline I've been on, they charge you through the nose for just about everything else.

The £10 charge for paying with a debit card has really turned me away. It's not as if they lose out on money as they would with a credit card.

Their planes give me a sore head with the bright yellow and I hate it when people clap when a plane lands never mind a recording of it.

I suppose they have a sound business model at a fundamental level but I'd much rather fly EasyJet if possible.

Their taxes seem to be more than any other airline I've been on, they charge you through the nose for just about everything else.

Ryanair charge the published taxes of the airports they fly to/from, its not the price they pay the actual airport, but if you were to charter a plane tomorrow and fly into any of their airports, it's what you would get charged. It's also worth noting that unlike almost all full-service airlines, they have no fuel surcharge. And anyway, why shouldn't you pay for everything you want to use? I don't like having to pay a little bit extra to subsidise you checking in at the airport, having hold luggage, eating on the plane or anything else.

The £10 charge for paying with a debit card has really turned me away. It's not as if they lose out on money as they would with a credit card.

Agreed, a bit. The £5 per person per leg fee is a great way of avoiding you going and booking a flight for the whole GUASC and them only making £5 (Like what easyjet do) But as I said earlier, phone your bank and ask for a Visa Electon card and you're sorted.

Their planes give me a sore head with the bright yellow and I hate it when people clap when a plane lands never mind a recording of it.

I suppose they have a sound business model at a fundamental level but I'd much rather fly EasyJet if possible.

So, yellow gives you a sore head, and orange doesn't? If your airline was the most on-time in europe wouldn't you make a song and dance about it? And for the record, both Easyjet and Ryanair use the same business model. I've nothing against Easyjet, it's just i'd rather fly Ryanair.

1280405.jpg

French pilots are to strike every weekend in summer  >:D

And now looks like the SNCF drivers are going to join the greive national too  >:D

grid lock on the route national again - this lot do it every fcuking year and SARKO hasnt the balls to do anything - might get the wife to vote for le penn next time  ;);D

Ryanair charge the published taxes of the airports they fly to/from, its not the price they pay the actual airport, but if you were to charter a plane tomorrow and fly into any of their airports, it's what you would get charged. It's also worth noting that unlike almost all full-service airlines, they have no fuel surcharge. And anyway, why shouldn't you pay for everything you want to use? I don't like having to pay a little bit extra to subsidise you checking in at the airport, having hold luggage, eating on the plane or anything else.

Agreed, a bit. The £5 per person per leg fee is a great way of avoiding you going and booking a flight for the whole GUASC and them only making £5 (Like what easyjet do) But as I said earlier, phone your bank and ask for a Visa Electon card and you're sorted.

So, yellow gives you a sore head, and orange doesn't? If your airline was the most on-time in europe wouldn't you make a song and dance about it? And for the record, both Easyjet and Ryanair use the same business model. I've nothing against Easyjet, it's just i'd rather fly Ryanair.

1280405.jpg

Imagine you went into a shop to buy a pair of jeans, you go to pay for them sand they are say £80. You are then informed that to buy the jeans you have to pay for your payment. It's ludicrous.

With EasyJet I can check in online or if I'm going away for a bit longer I can check in at the desk and it's still the same price.

Also, the price you are quoted on the EasyJet website when you first choose your flight is the price you pay at the end. I've very rarely had that happen on Ryanair, I just feel they shaft you whatever chance they get.

EasyJet planes are dark blue inside.

And for the record, both Easyjet and Ryanair use the same business model. I've nothing against Easyjet, it's just i'd rather fly Ryanair.

So we agree then.

:thumbsup:

Just noticed that Ryanair are charging £5 each way for online check in!

• 2 weeks later...

Going on a trip with uni mates for one last session and planning on going to Mull for a few days, has anyone been and got any recommendations? Hopefully going to get some surfing done, but I've heard the currents are quite strong there.

Cheers  :thumbsup:

Resignation handed in - Check!

Notice worked - Check!

Bags packed - Check!

I've finally stuck it to the man and as of this afternoon, I've officially turned on, tuned in and dropped out for the next 3 months.  ;D

I dare say I'll be back in from time to time but that'll depend on wireless connections and internet cafes.  So until then, I bid you all a fond farewell, auf wiedersehen, arrivederci, au revoir, ha det bra, adios, farvel, tot ziens, hejdÃ¥.

Might see you in some sunny square someplace in July.  8)

Stand free loons and quines!  :thumbsup:

Notice worked - Check!

Bags packed - Check!

I've finally stuck it to the man and as of this afternoon, I've officially turned on, tuned in and dropped out for the next 3 months.   ;D

I dare say I'll be back in from time to time but that'll depend on wireless connections and internet cafes.  So until then, I bid you all a fond farewell, auf wiedersehen, arrivederci, au revoir, ha det bra, adios, farvel, tot ziens, hejdÃ¥.

Might see you in some sunny square someplace in July.   8)

Stand free loons and quines!   :thumbsup:

Have a good time, and endeavour to pick up as many cliches as possible as you're obviously short of a few there...  :thumbsup:

STAND FREE!

Notice worked - Check!

Bags packed - Check!

I've finally stuck it to the man and as of this afternoon, I've officially turned on, tuned in and dropped out for the next 3 months.   ;D

Might see you in some sunny square someplace in July.   8)

Stand free loons and quines!   :thumbsup:

Book the first Air France flight you can, fuck off and never come back.

:wave: