Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer

manc_don

Since it's sunny outside in Glasgow, and I'm stuck inside my mind slipped to the future (procrastination I know).

What's everyone doing for the summer? Anyone planning on travelling/exciting holidays? My life depends solely of getting an architectural job, if not, try and find some other job for a few months and then go travelling. Dunno where like, probably around Eastern Europe because its still fairly cheap and unchartered by the general British yob.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still need to get round to finding some sort of summer job.

Other than that, i'm going to the Czech in August.

And, if the Dons don't make Europe, i'm driving to Oslo in September. Although if they do, I might still go anyway...

Anybody wanna offer me a job? No?

Never been to the Czech Republic, been to Bratislava in Slovakia though, which was interesting.

A mate of mine is still trying to get me to goto Exit Festival in Serbia, but again, it all hinges on my job situation, or lack of.

Oddly enough, i've never been to the Czech, but have been to Bratislava!  :thumbsup:

All my plans basically hinge on me not getting a job so I have lots of spare time

I would love to go traveling but most of my mates are either skint and can'ty afford to go and won't like where I'd want to go to and the others are all going on holidays with their birds (gay).

SO basically this summer, I'll be stuck in the gym, outside playing football, cycling, maybe some cricket and a wee run now and again, I'll also be working hard unless I lose my job which if that is the case I'll be looking in to sound engineering and maybe then just piss off over to America for a working holiday.

I would love to go traveling but most of my mates are either skint and can'ty afford to go and won't like where I'd want to go to and the others are all going on holidays with their birds (gay).

Why do you need friends to go travelling?

It's much better to go by yourself and meet people there.

I'd just go on your own mate. Can have just as much fun if not more. Cos you then don't have to listen to anyone else!

SO basically this summer, I'll be stuck in the gym, outside playing football, cycling, maybe some cricket and a wee run now and again,.

Impressive. A summer of that should see you pretty ripped.

I've got a lads adventure holiday break in June. I also need to take a week off to go an buy a new car, so think spending will be a bit tight. Spending pretty much the rest of the summer either offshore or on work courses, so not particularly excited about that.

Planning to go off to Canada in the Autumn.

I'm a very shy person, low self esteem, I wouldn't like it.

Getting dropped in the middle of a strange country with limited cash is a sure fire cure for that.

Its adapt or basically die

travelling (ie not fucking off to malaga for 2 weeks) is a real test of how much you like each other. IN New zealand I met several folk who had come 'with friends' but had fallen out with them after a matter of weeks and gone their seperate ways. In fact I only know of 2 guys that are still friends after travelling together and that was only after falling out big time and spending 4months avoiding each other. Going with yer GF or BF is a means to a break up (Australia seems to be notorious for this)

My summer is to be spent working and training/ taking part in 'the 2009 Hat trick' in my signature.

And I may also be taking a little trip to Hampden to see Angus, Malcolm and Brian

Getting dropped in the middle of a strange country with limited cash is a sure fire cure for that.

Its adapt or basically die

travelling (ie not fucking off to malaga for 2 weeks) is a real test of how much you like each other. IN New zealand I met several folk who had come 'with friends' but had fallen out with them after a matter of weeks and gone their seperate ways. In fact I only know of 2 guys that are still friends after travelling together and that was only after falling out big time and spending 4months avoiding each other. Going with yer GF or BF is a means to a break up (Australia seems to be notorious for this)

My summer is to be spent working and training and taking part in 'the 2009 Hat trick' in my signature.

And I may also be taking a little trip to Hampden to see Angus, Malcolm and Brian

I am on holiday for a week in July and 2 weeks in August but no plans as yet

You're off to Australia hen.