🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer

manc_don

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Off to Serbia/Bosnia/Croatia next week. Can't fucking wait! It seemed so far away but I can't believe its only next week. Shame Serbia never made it to the 1/4's, would have been good fun watching them in Serbia. Hopefully on the way to Split we're gonna head through Bosnia as it seems quicker, and stop off at Sarajevo and Mostar (which looks amazing).

Cheers for the train times Bobby, a mate's slovenian friend told us to go through Bosnia instead rather than go through Zagreb. Hopefully we've made the right decision!

Landing in Krakow on 27th July and flying back from Bratislava 20th August.

I'm just about to book my interrail pass but I'm not sure if there's any point getting the 22 dayer, rather than the 10 in 22 day pass.

The way I've loosely planned it in my head would involve 10 or 11 journeys but even if it was 12/13 days I ended up on trains, does anyone know if that would make the extra £100 worth it for the 22 dayer?

Landing in Krakow on 27th July and flying back from Bratislava 20th August.

I'm just about to book my interrail pass but I'm not sure if there's any point getting the 22 dayer, rather than the 10 in 22 day pass.

The way I've loosely planned it in my head would involve 10 or 11 journeys but even if it was 12/13 days I ended up on trains, does anyone know if that would make the extra £100 worth it for the 22 dayer?

Just depends really on where you want to see. We got the 10 in 22 pass last year and were away for a similar time as you'll be gone for and i think we had 1 or two days left on it as we just paid for the train from Bratislava to Vienna as it was only a few quid. Where are you planning to go?

Just depends really on where you want to see. We got the 10 in 22 pass last year and were away for a similar time as you'll be gone for and i think we had 1 or two days left on it as we just paid for the train from Bratislava to Vienna as it was only a few quid. Where are you planning to go?

Cool, that's the way I figured it might turn out.

Thinkin I'll go Krakow-Budapest-Serbia-Croatia-Slovenia-Vienna-Prague-Bratislava. Been told to do the ferry between Vienna and Budapest though, so might tweak it a little bit and go to Budapest twice or something.

I'll probably be on here while I'm away for some in-journey travel tips. Seems like quite a popular part of the world  :thumbsup:

Cool, that's the way I figured it might turn out.

Thinkin I'll go Krakow-Budapest-Serbia-Croatia-Slovenia-Vienna-Prague-Bratislava. Been told to do the ferry between Vienna and Budapest though, so might tweak it a little bit and go to Budapest twice or something.

I'll probably be on here while I'm away for some in-journey travel tips. Seems like quite a popular part of the world  :thumbsup:

We ended up in Budapest twice:  Budapest - Bratislava - Vienna - Prague - Krakow - Budapest - Belgrade - Zagreb - Split - Zadar.

i wish we'd taken the boat from Budapest to Bratislava and from there to Vienna but we didn't realise we could do that until it was too late unfortunately.

I reckon the 10 day pass would do you though no problem. You just staying in hostels while you're away?

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from Serbia/Bosnia/Croatia. All amazing places, in particular Mostar and Sarajevo in Bosnia. So much to see, sunny all the time, good food and pretty cheap to travel around and see. People were pretty friendly as well, so if anyone is going travelling around that area of the world, I strongly recommend it!

Only downside I had about Croatia was that it wasn't far off UK prices, well the areas which we visited anyway, but still, a nice country to go to :thumbsup:

Just back from Serbia/Bosnia/Croatia. All amazing places, in particular Mostar and Sarajevo in Bosnia. So much to see, sunny all the time, good food and pretty cheap to travel around and see. People were pretty friendly as well, so if anyone is going travelling around that area of the world, I strongly recommend it!

Only downside I had about Croatia was that it wasn't far off UK prices, well the areas which we visited anyway, but still, a nice country to go to :thumbsup:

I miss the Balkans. Sarajevo is cracking.