Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New stadium thread

I doubt it’ll get the go ahead.

Some folk have the city they deserve.

Grow up. Folk have opinions that don't match yours, so they're in some way destroying the future or heritage of the city?

Kingsford has fuck all to do with the city of Aberdeen, this is an AFC stand-alone project. It is entirely for the benefit of AFC, and has zero benefit for the rest of the city. It doesn't integrate with the city and it doesn't sit inside a city wide plan.

People recognise a hugely compromised plan. It it was a good plan, it'd sail through. But it's not.

Grow up. Folk have opinions that don't match yours, so they're in some way destroying the future or heritage of the city?

Kingsford has fuck all to do with the city of Aberdeen, this is an AFC stand-alone project. It is entirely for the benefit of AFC, and has zero benefit for the rest of the city. It doesn't integrate with the city and it doesn't sit inside a city wide plan.

People recognise a hugely compromised plan. It it was a good plan, it'd sail through. But it's not.

I reckon the vast majority realise this, its the almost complete lack of alternative that's the issue sadly.

I reckon the vast majority realise this, its the almost complete lack of alternative that's the issue sadly.

Possibly, possibly not. That's not what Kowlaski's comment suggested though. Not even remotely.

There is a very, very clear alternative and that's to do nothing in terms of moving stadium. If the vast majority of people recognise that it's a hugely compromised plan, then it definitely is not the right plan. Pittodrie isn't falling down anytime soon. It's ongoing maintenance - whilst more expensive than we'd like - is costed within our budget every year without issue. If the right plan doesn't exist now then we sit tight until it does. Whether that be through different land becoming available, infrastructure improvements elsewhere (or even around Kingsford) making sites more viable or enhanced building techniques and materials making stand construction cheaper, stronger (thus smaller footprint required) and hence Pittodrie re-development a possibility. This is a 100 year decision for AFC. Why in the world would we move to a shite location which everyone recognises as "hugely compromised"? There really is no immediate need to move.

Before anyone mentions, the training facilities aren't part of the discussion. They can go ahead, there is no reason for them to be anywhere near the stadium, but they are definitely required. Couldn't give a shite where they go. Packaging them with the stadium was a deliberate smokescreen (see the document where all ACC sites were turned down due to them not being 25hectares (or acres, canna mine - fucking imperial shite)).

First tantrum and it's not been rejected yet.

He has a point. The amount of shite that Aberdeen cc passes and the one thing that could be of benefit (ignoring the flaws) is going to get chucked. It’s pathetic and representative of the mindset. Shame.

But Rico makes a good point and it is probably our only other viable option. Sit tight, hope that the kings links site becomes available and try again....

He has a point. The amount of shite that Aberdeen cc passes and the one thing that could be of benefit (ignoring the flaws) is going to get chucked. It’s pathetic and representative of the mindset. Shame.

But Rico makes a good point and it is probably our only other viable option. Sit tight, hope that the kings links site becomes available and try again....

Is sitting tight until the driving range lease runs out in 2040 feasible? Craig group have already said they aren’t going to break it early and the council appear to be unwilling to force them to.

Is sitting tight until the driving range lease runs out in 2040 feasible? Craig group have already said they aren’t going to break it early and the council appear to be unwilling to force them to.

It doesn't have to be there though. The only points I was making were that:

1. Don't just build something for the sake of it, it it's not right then it's not right. Saying "I/you can't think of anything better so we just have to get on with it" is sheer stupidity and something that we'll ultimately regret as the city grows and changes.

2. Build it as part of a design for the city and in tandem with the city so it is completely integrated (like Pittodrie was when it was built - it certainly can't be held responsible for the shite design of BOD). If that means we have to wait a bit, then that's fine too. We shouldn't be doing this as a stand alone project with no infrastructure - that's suicidal.

It doesn't have to be there though. The only points I was making were that:

1. Don't just build something for the sake of it, it it's not right then it's not right. Saying "I/you can't think of anything better so we just have to get on with it" is sheer stupidity and something that we'll ultimately regret as the city grows and changes.

2. Build it as part of a design for the city and in tandem with the city so it is completely integrated (like Pittodrie was when it was built - it certainly can't be held responsible for the shite design of BOD). If that means we have to wait a bit, then that's fine too. We shouldn't be doing this as a stand alone project with no infrastructure - that's suicidal.

I get that wasn’t the point you were making, it was a response to manc’s point about waiting for King links to become available.

Agree with your points but There will be a point that simply waiting for something perfect to appear when the council shows no interest in assisting or being involved in a joint plan becomes infeasoble though.

I get that wasn’t the point you were making, it was a response to manc’s point about waiting for King links to become available.

Agree with your points but There will be a point that simply waiting for something perfect to appear when the council shows no interest in assisting or being involved in a joint plan becomes infeasoble though.

I’m not sure the council have shown enough interest or assistance with both Cove or Kingsford.

AFC should just close the main stand and stop wasting money until the perfect site & wholehearted backing from ACC becomes available.

Having lived 19 years within 10 mins walk of Pittodrie, I now live outside the city and getting anywhere in the city centre on a Saturday is a fucking nightmare. The ground needs to be somewhere with much better transport links IMHO.

Also I’ve no idea why Mariscal Square never got this much scrutiny.

I’m not sure the council have shown enough interest or assistance with both Cove or Kingsford.

AFC should just close the main stand and stop wasting money until the perfect site & wholehearted backing from ACC becomes available.

Have the club ever asked? The council seems to have suggested multiple sites. Milne has shown throughout his career that he has little or no time for ACC. The Cove site was approved. The club chose to back out because Cove dicked about and ACC gave up. If the cooncil hadn't decided to charge for the land, they'd have been on pretty sticky ground I expect. But it has to be more than that. It has to be a complete collaboration. Drag the cunts to every fucking meeting, and get them involved. Kingsford might be a great site in the future, if that's where the city decides to expand to. It isn't now, and it isn't going to be anytime soon.

Having lived 19 years within 10 mins walk of Pittodrie, I now live outside the city and getting anywhere in the city centre on a Saturday is a fucking nightmare. The ground needs to be somewhere with much better transport links IMHO.

I live out of town (Sooth, ten miles), and I can get in to the game on time leaving after 2pm. Also, I could get a train, a bus or bike. It's hugely accessible. The point is, it's integrated. It's as good as Aberdeen's infrastructure (poor) allows, and any improvements in said infrastructure will directly benefit the club. It's part of the city.

Also I’ve no idea why Mariscal Square never got this much scrutiny.

Not relevant. I objected. Loads of people did. However, it's not a members club. AFC is. AFC is accountable to us, the fans.

AFC are not accountable to anyone but their shareholders.

ACC are supposed to be accountable to us.

Very true. I should have said "should be". Or, more aptly, AFC fans are bound by it's decisions (for the next 100 years).

Anyway, recognising Marischal Square is a mistake surely doesn't merit ignoring AFC's proposed mistake? It seems like an extreme case of whataboutery.

I hadn't realized that Marischal Square got any scrutiny at all.

They certainly didn't listen to anyone's opinion.

AFC are not accountable to anyone but their shareholders.

ACC are supposed to be accountable to us.

Which is why all these illiterate half-wits are getting rolled out in front of the council and given a platform to read off their sheets really poorly.

Could they no just build it on the Duthie Park? I've seen all there is to see there so they can bulldoze it now!  ;D

Positive, would be a 5 min walk from the house

Negative, would lose the ideal place to walk the dog.

On balance I reckon I'd have to start up NDPS (No Duthie Park Stadium) and fight the plans as irritatingly as NKS have.  ;)

Haha was just putting the cat amongst the pigeons. It’s not an option, but it’s hard to see where the land would become available. Gas leak in the apartments behind the south stand anyone?...

It doesn't matter where they decide to plan a stadium for, there will always be a group who will be against it and will mount some form of protest.

You won't make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time. It's the way modern society works.

There are a lot of flaws in the current application including parking, access and the fact that this proposed new ground isn't within the City proper.

There can be no doubt that stadia wise, Aberdeen Football Club are badly in need of an upgrade.

Both the club and the local councils have been less than helpful over the years and have behaved like the proverbial striker trying to walk the ball into the net given the amount of time (years) they have dallied around.

A lot has been said of the "No" group and to an extent I can understand some of the arguments against, however an awful lot of the arguments they have presented have been weak and come across as just arguing for the sake of it.

The club for their part, have presented a professional outlook on what they'd like to happen without answering so many questions, the biggest of which has had little focus in the whole sorry saga.....namely, where is the cash coming from to build this new stadium? Not so many answers forthcoming on that front.

If in the unlikely case that this is approved and the Dons start building, will there be continued investment in new players and the youth set up?

The club have not set a "Plan B" out in public, understandably, because this would show a sign that they were not fully committed to this project.

I would dearly like to think that behind the scenes though, that they do have some sort of backup plan, whatever that may be.

Pittodrie's days may or may not be numbered, but it may be that it'll outlive the current application.

We need some sort of modern training facility for our players, but I'm not convinced that the have to be directly beside a new stadium.

Personally, I'd miss Pittodrie should it be replaced by a newbie at Kingsford having been an attendee there since I moved to the city in the 60's, but I'd get over it.

Whatever happens, there are certain organizations that need to take a look at themselves and question their true motives for objecting or delaying this project, and the club for hanging around for almost 20 years.

A lot has been said of the "No" group and to an extent I can understand some of the arguments against, however an awful lot of the arguments they have presented have been weak and come across as just arguing for the sake of it.

The club for their part, have presented a professional outlook on what they'd like to happen without answering so many questions,

Good post but thought I'd pick this bit out.

Obviously I've been in favour all along, but I agree the club have got away without proper scrutiny, and that can be squarely laid at the feet of the WANKS.

Their arguments have been so ludicrous and in many cases attacking the character of football fans in general, that even some against the move, and those on the fence, have rallied to the defence of the club (and themselves) following this nonsense.

Their arguments all sound great amongst themselves when they're in a circle of like minded back slappers who criticise no argument no matter how ridiculous, but as both pre-determination meetings have shown, when exposed to questioning that they have to answer, they are shown up as the mentalists they truly are.

Growing up next door, I fucking hated Westhill for no rational reason, now I have a reason  :thumbsup:

https://stv.tv/news/north/1406756-aberdeen-fc-s-50m-stadium-bid-backed-by-planners/

Aberdeen FC's plans to build a new £50m stadium have been backed by council planners, STV News understands.

The Dons want to replace Pittodrie with a 20,000-seat ground and training academy on the other side of the city at Kingsford, Westhill.

The move has divided the city, with slightly over half of residents in favour.

However, Aberdeen City Council planning officials have reportedly backed the club's plans and recommended councillors approve them at a meeting on January 29.

Opponents are concerned about the impact increased traffic could have on Westhill.

Aberdeen FC has said there are no other available sites for the stadium, which could be ready for the start of the 2020/21 season.