Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New stadium thread

These folk are living in cloud cuckoo land.

If they use their life savings to fight this they will regret the outcome which will not be overturned by any court in the land.

Lets get this new stadium built  :thumbsup:

I agree, all these folks are doing is adding stress into their lives and draining their own finances all just to delay the building for a few years. They're not going to get the decision overturned as there's so much weight behind the Yes decision now. Sure they'll maybe hold it up for a wee while but it'll eventually go ahead.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love for us to remain in the same spot on Pittodrie Street. That's home and i wish it could remain so. We all know Pittodrie Stadium is quite embarrassing these days tho. I don't doubt Milne has let her slide into the state she's in now to advance his own plans / agenda, the seats in the South Stand are a disgrace! Also there's nothing better than on big match day than getting the early train from Inverurie into town, noising up the Highland Zombies and Dhims at the same time. Walking to various bars on our way to the game and reverse the process afterwards, all within walking distance. It's a great day out but the image and future of the club is more important than me and others having a fun time 4 times a year.

One thing i'd like to know is, are they going to be able to make the grass grow on the new stadiums pitch? They've maybe already made some sort of comment about this but i haven't seen it. They sure as fook can't make the grass grow at Pittodrie so i hope they've considered this at the new site. Maybe the sun gets up higher in Westhill does it?  :spaz:

One thing i'd like to know is, are they going to be able to make the grass grow on the new stadiums pitch? They've maybe already made some sort of comment about this but i haven't seen it. They sure as fook can't make the grass grow at Pittodrie so i hope they've considered this at the new site. Maybe the sun gets up higher in Westhill does it?  :spaz:

One trick is to ensure you put glazed panels in the stand roofs to allow more natural light (See Amex Arena, Aviva Stadium etc). You also take sun paths into consideraiton when working out the orientation/ final position of the stadium.

The stands at pittodrie really don't help with its orientation. The monolith RDS blocks the sunlight from the East, the South stand roof blocks a large part of the pitch for most of the day and by the time the sun is going down you have the merkland roof playing its part. Now if you played summer football the pitch may stand up a little better given the different sun pattern (and of course longer daylight hours).  :wave:

So what happens now?

Respond to the planning conditions and get them cleared whilst also proceeding with the building warrant/ construction drawings/ specifications. Thats the point the safe standing etc will materialise (if it is indeed to be part of it).

• 4 weeks later...

NKS, or the three stooges, believe they can delay the building process for nine months with their judicial review.

So? They'll delay the process by however long the system takes to run its course. That has absolutely nothing to do with NKS and they have zero control over it. If the process of appeal took only one month, then that would be the length of delay.

Are you suggesting that the system should be changed to benefit AFC? Or that NKS should drop their appeal because the system takes ages to process it? That would be a bit fuckin stupid, no? Forget yer opinion on Kingsford, because it's completely irrelevant.

So? They'll delay the process by however long the system takes to run its course. That has absolutely nothing to do with NKS and they have zero control over it. If the process of appeal took only one month, then that would be the length of delay.

Are you suggesting that the system should be changed to benefit AFC? Or that NKS should drop their appeal because the system takes ages to process it? That would be a bit fuckin stupid, no? Forget yer opinion on Kingsford, because it's completely irrelevant.

Er, did I say any of that? Go back and read my post again, then maybe have a lie down.

• 2 weeks later...

The W.A.N.K.S. have 3 months to launch a judicial review. There seems to be some confusion as to when that deadline is. Once that goes past it's game on

I'm not talking about the judicial review. The government have decided not to call-in the application so the council are now open to "determine" the application. They haven't.

Unfortunately there is nothing 'usual' about the development so its difficult to say when they will get round to issuing the actual decision and/or documents.

Planning departments throughout scotland are stretched to the limit and even the simplest house extensions are being delayed by weeks even months so I'm not surprised nearly 2months down the line it is only at the 'verbal' approval stage.

A much less controversial development I worked on took 18months to get planning permission of which the final 6months saw my colleagues and I regularly writing to the Planning officers asking 'where is that planning permission you promised us?

Just glad its not in a conservation area and doesn't involve any listed buildings

Unfortunately there is nothing 'usual' about the development so its difficult to say when they will get round to issuing the actual decision and/or documents.

Planning departments throughout scotland are stretched to the limit and even the simplest house extensions are being delayed by weeks even months so I'm not surprised nearly 2months down the line it is only at the 'verbal' approval stage.

A much less controversial development I worked on took 18months to get planning permission of which the final 6months saw my colleagues and I regularly writing to the Planning officers asking 'where is that planning permission you promised us?

Just glad its not in a conservation area and doesn't involve any listed buildings

Do you think Aberdeen will be able to put "spades in the ground" this summer?

The building warrant needs to be approved before they can start actually building anything.

Far as I know that applicaiton hasn't been submitted yet and given the complexity I would presume it will be a staged warrant. EG

Stage 1 Groundworks & services etc

Stage 2 Superstructure/ shell

Stage 3 Fit out

Before all that they need to clear all the planning conditions and of course start negotiations with Aberdeen-shire council about the improved pedestrian access etc.

I'll go out on a limb and say there isn't a chance in hell any stadium works will begin until Summer 2019 at the earliest.

Works for me

Planning officers and Dons bosses have now signed the Section 75 (S75) agreement, which confirms the conditions attached to the £50million project between Westhill and Kingswells.

The No Kingsford Stadium (NKS) objectors group is now poised to launch a judicial review at the Court of Session – which could hold up the project for months – and have built up a war chest of more than £50,000 for the fight.

The group has 90 days to launch the challenge now the S75 has been agreed.

This is the gist, the rest just partisan bollocks (from both sides, with one given the lion's share of the piss&j article).

It isn't clear how long the review could take, just that they have 90 days to launch it. It's taken the club 20 years to get to this point, so I don't see the issue in waiting another for it get the go ahead. It's far better than the alternative which the Chamber of Commerce chunt is suggesting that we ignore due process and that it's some sort of affront to decency that these things are challenged. I hope someone builds a road through the cunts living room. Bearing in mind that the club themselves delayed for 6 months, I don't see the big deal. The stadium, when built (and it will be IMO) will be around for 100 years (re-built after 20 due to SMG construction). It's right that people have due process to air their challenges, it could easily be something different next time. If this can be used to reduce further the time it takes for these legal challenges in future then that can only be a good thing too. At no point should anyone be calling for people to stop their action due to the fact that it delays things. They cannot be held to account for a crap legal process, and one day it might be something mair important to any one of us.

WTF the fuck does that mean? Link isn't working either.  :dunno:

Section 75 agreement is also known as 'Planning Obligations'.

Basically the club has signed a legal document saying they will comply with the planning conditions and/or make contributions to improve the local area around the development.

Still leaves the building warrant side of things to be resolved.