Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪️🔴

New stadium thread

Stewart Milne, chairman of AFC, said: “We’re very pleased that we’ll have a decision by the end of January and are quietly confident we’ll get the right outcome.

“The recent report from the economic development department at the Council backs up our additional detail and analysis and there is now no doubt about the overall economic benefits to the city and wider region associated with our ambitious plans for Kingsford.

“Our proposals fit with regional and national economic policy which aim to boost communities through investing in people, infrastructure and assets, fostering innovation and promoting inclusive growth. In addition to the compelling evidence of the economic benefits to the wider city region, it’s widely recognised that when AFC performs well, there is a direct boost to the economy in terms of the feel good factor.

“Derek McInnes’ decision to remain at the Club is not only a major signal of confidence in AFC but also in Aberdeen itself and, with our return to winning ways, we must now reward this success by getting on with delivering the facilities our Club so badly needs.

“The latest information in our planning application underlines that there is no other site available or deliverable. As a region we need to continue to deliver progress and at pace; we cannot afford delays that will slow the momentum that has been building recently following one of the worst downturns in our local economy. AFC’s plans are privately funded, economically viable and can help support the delivery of the economic renaissance in the North-east. To ensure continued on-the-pitch performance and for the region to capitalise on these economic benefits we must deliver Kingsford as soon as possible.”

https://www.afc.co.uk/2017/12/21/kingsford-update-2/

What's everyone's predictions? Not what you want to happen (well, feel free to say I suppose), but what you think will happen.

Kingsford to be passed in full and stadium and training ground to be built there?

Training ground at Kingsford, stadium at Loirston?

Training ground Kingsford, stadium at Kings Links?

Training ground at Kingsford, Pittodrie redeveloped?

Kingsford rejected and we end up in Aberdeenshire?

I'm convinced something will happen at Kingsford. The club have clearly had some encouragement to build there if the whole process has gone on for this long. I'm just not convinced they'll allow the stadium. I can see the council rejecting it but the club re-applying for just the training ground there and that being accepted.

Stadium will eventually end up at Kings Links.

What's everyone's predictions? Not what you want to happen (well, feel free to say I suppose), but what you think will happen.

Kingsford to be passed in full and stadium and training ground to be built there?

Training ground at Kingsford, stadium at Loirston?

Training ground Kingsford, stadium at Kings Links?

Training ground at Kingsford, Pittodrie redeveloped?

Kingsford rejected and we end up in Aberdeenshire?

I'm convinced something will happen at Kingsford. The club have clearly had some encouragement to build there if the whole process has gone on for this long. I'm just not convinced they'll allow the stadium. I can see the council rejecting it but the club re-applying for just the training ground there and that being accepted.

Stadium will eventually end up at Kings Links.

I think (and actually what I think is the best option) it will be something along the lines of the training facility out at Kingsford and the Stadium staying where it is or being built at Kings Links or old AECC site.

I would like to think that the original plan, the redevelopment of Pittodrie would be what will happen but one man doesn’t want that and has been deliberately pursuing a different agenda including the neglect of Pittodrie.

What will happen? That’s easy. Don’t challenge the chairman and you leave it to him to decide. We can’t complain about it either, if we give him carte blanche.

I think the application will be rejected and the "No to's" will be dancing in the streets of Kingsford.  I ken there's not actually anybody there but Westhill and Kingswells deserve to call the shots.  If only the rest of us had been so vigilant in stopping their house building all over our bonnie countryside all those years ago.  Not to mention offices, supermarkets and hotels which are acceptable, apparently.

What would I prefer?  I'd like it all to be in the town, Pittodrie if possible.  But then again I would prefer lots of stuff that I don't get, that's life, especially when it involve's a commercial enterprise.  What I don't like is the No campaign (this is the second one, they just dinna like fitba!) and supporting it is a bit like voting UKIP to keep the Tories out. Sadly they will prevail (The No's and the Tories!).

I think (and actually what I think is the best option) it will be something along the lines of the training facility out at Kingsford and the Stadium staying where it is or being built at Kings Links or old AECC site.

The old AECC site will be a no-go due to cost. Is it not estimated ÂŁ18m-ÂŁ24m for the land? No chance we'll be paying that.

What I want is everything at Kingsford

What I think will happen is it'll be thrown out - *note* they can't approve part, it's all or nothing - it'll then be called in by the Recorder and the Scottish Govt will approve it.

Not convinced the Scottish government would approve it. Humza Yousaf was speaking recently about how he would be against new developments that increase car use. Not sure Aberdeen have adequately proven this won't increase car use (even if they are suggesting car use at Pittodrie (60%) will drop to 40% at Kingsford.)

Not convinced the Scottish government would approve it. Humza Yousaf was speaking recently about how he would be against new developments that increase car use. Not sure Aberdeen have adequately proven this won't increase car use (even if they are suggesting car use at Pittodrie (60%) will drop to 40% at Kingsford.)

They haven't proven it, because it will only increase car use as it's designed entirely for car use. However, I think it'll go through at the first hurdle (then get appealed).

I hope it doesn't, obviously. The location would actually be fine if it was part of a plan to expand and re-design the city. If it was part of something. That's the issue for me, this isn't a decision for AFC and it never should have been. The cooncil should be creating a design for the city and allocate the dons the space for a stadium and another for training. We shouldn't be a law onto our own, and we need to integrate with the city. I suspect the cooncil have done something which the club have ruled out. I also think that - post stadium approval - we'll see significant new development of mair shite hooses in a non-joined-up fashion appearing around the area. It'll be like in and aroon Rugby park.

I think it’ll get chucked. Seeing those naysayers being all joyous will be horrific, thank fuck I’m not there to see it. It would be great if acc updated their development plan for the city to include improved transport links etc...which would have made all of this more palatable. I want the new stadium but the transport still leaves a lot to be desired.

Given that the stadium and training facilities are all in the same application, I’d hope that if it gets rejected, the club will seek to ensure only the club and the community trust get to use it in a new application. If they don’t sell the land of course.

• 3 weeks later...

They’re one of the main contractors for the AWPR, that stalls, then the council will delay any construction work as the transport plan will be out the window until resolved.

Ahh, I see. Doubt it'll make a difference. Carillion are only one of 3 I think on the AWPR. I don't think anything will get in the way of the AWPR. Although the dons might use it as an excuse to put the planning back another few months as the transport plan doesn't actually exist to be "out the window".

They’re one of the main contractors for the AWPR, that stalls, then the council will delay any construction work as the transport plan will be out the window until resolved.

Its being reported that the rest of the consortium have confirmed it will be finished without Carillion, or at least that was the headline on the local news.