Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Todays fitba

And for what it's worth I wanted united to win, and was disappointed at the outcome.  In fact it was only Ferdinand's reaction at the end that made me less bothered about it, what a fud.

What was his reaction? I didn't watch anything after the game. Not that it would surprise me.

What was his reaction? I didn't watch anything after the game. Not that it would surprise me.

All the Man Utd players surrounded him like flies on shit and Rio sarcastically applauded right in his face. Fair play to the ref for a) not head butting him on his big stupid face and b) actually shaking his hand right after this happened.

I think a yellow was the least acceptable outcome to be honest, a yellow suggests he saw a foul, and when a foul is studs up at chest height it's surely got to be a red? Or if he thought it was a totally accidental clash it should have been a drop ball and no card.

Red or nothing for me.

I concur, and having been the perpetrator of a very similar type foul a couple of seasons ago playing amateur which got me an unwarranted yellow card (a clash of heads when completely blind-sided by an opponent careering in at speed), and a subsequent second yellow when I argued about it, I have sympathy with Nani.  I didn't even consider Nani's "challenge" worthy of a booking.  A foul, yes, but given he was blind-sided, even a booking would be harsh.  The foul looked far worse than it actually was.

It's not beyond the stretch of the imagination to say that Arbeloa was responsible for the foul insofar as he put his body on the line to win the ball.  The problem is that referees don't use common-sense, it's as if they've never played the game before and don't understand the pace and intensity of games at that level.  FIFA need to seriously look at things like this - where are we heading now - players can't challenge for the ball unless it is on the ground?

I concur, and having been the perpetrator of a very similar type foul a couple of seasons ago playing amateur which got me an unwarranted yellow card (a clash of heads when completely blind-sided by an opponent careering in at speed), and a subsequent second yellow when I argued about it, I have sympathy with Nani.  I didn't even consider Nani's "challenge" worthy of a booking.  A foul, yes, but given he was blind-sided, even a booking would be harsh.  The foul looked far worse than it actually was.

It's not beyond the stretch of the imagination to say that Arbeloa was responsible for the foul insofar as he put his body on the line to win the ball.  The problem is that referees don't use common-sense, it's as if they've never played the game before and don't understand the pace and intensity of games at that level.  FIFA need to seriously look at things like this - where are we heading now - players can't challenge for the ball unless it is on the ground?

Said for a while FIFA are looking to make football a non contact sport.

And at the time I said they were silly to go for AVB over Moyes, just goes to show what I know about football

I think it's great to see AVB being a success elsewhere in England. Show them Chelsea fucks what they missed oot on if they have backed the manager instead of the players! Just get the feeling that it's a case of right club, right manager at the right time with Spurs and AVB.