Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Celtic

Feels like I could start this thread the same as the previous. The only positive being we’re at home, although we’re now also the managerial team down which should be a positive too. 

Regardless, I’m not looking forward to this one. Hilariously they’ve complained about a terrible window, but not sure they can complain compared to ours. We’ve really shot ourselves in the foot and with injuries, we’re not even more stretched. Be intrigued to see if we still end up with duk today, it’s the sort of game we need him to turn up in but it’s not something he’s really done this season.  will be interesting to see what we do line up wise, there’s not really that many options available to us. 

out

bed

bed

reno works around the house

Who knows,maybe the players will have a chat/know better on how they should line up. Unfortunately Duk and Barron could potentially be away tonight so not holding out much hope result wise

Oot

Working up North

Prediction - 0 - 3 

Have to hope for a “no manager” bounce but even with that fully expect another doing off the victims. Would like to see Barron starting if he is still here. Midfield looks better with him in it so if he’s here he should play. Unless we get a defender suspect we will need to stick with same back 5 as Dundee game as McDonald seems to struggle in a 4. Early kick off gives me the excuse not to go that I will probably grab. 

oot

flat

tv

local game

0-3 no dons scorer

Pretty shit first half, lucky not to be one or more down. Looks like men against boys, checked the clock when it happened, 42 mins before we played 3 consecutive passes.

Barron not involved, shinnie on a booking, and Phillips runs a marathon and will be physical, but can he play football? Polvara seems to be settling more with every game, and McGrath is McGrath. 5 central midfielders who if we are being honest, one maybe two should be starting for us next season.

read today we may get the intern until summer and are doing a structural review, given the squad we have someone seriously fucked up somewhere.

That was an enjoyable game today. We were very nervy in the first half, Roos especially. We were excellent in the second. It was a little kamikaze, but not too kamikaze, and we had plenty of opportunity to win it. Unsurprisingly, Shinnie and Barron as a pairing works really well, with both playing very well. I really felt for Shinnie being the one who it fell to on his wrong foot, he was really good otherwise. Overall, the setup was good and the subs very sensible. Miovski is just phenomenal, best striker at pittodrie this century, a joy to watch. Whatever was said at halftime worked, we pressed higher and they couldn't cope. 

Just watched the highlights, neither on YouTube from the tv or red tv show what should have been a red card, plus how is that not a penalty? If that’s rangers or Celtic claiming it’s given. I know it’s the usual bias but it seems to be weekly the the old firm get the breaks, I’ve never commented on this stuff before, but just like the Huns semi where it’s a pull and a penalty like happened the week before. Getting old.

Have got rid of RedTV so had to make do with the highlights online. Seems like we played well, and shame Miovski was marginally offside for that second effort. Amazing what happens when you play these players in their positions and with the right personnel. Not overly looking forward to Tuesday, but the players should take a lot of heart from that performance. And what a finish by the way.