Saturday 27th April 2024: Ā kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

Dons vs Huns - New season!

Feels like it'e been an absolute age since we last saw a game (and it has), and what a game to kick it all off with. Just gutted we can't have any fans and I do wonder what impact that'll have on our players.Ā  Sometimes they thrive on it, but they've also wilted under pressure, so it could be a blessing in disguise!Ā 

I didn't think our form against them at Pittodrie was that bad, but we haven't beaten them in the league since 2016?!? Weird to think that our form at snake mountain has been betterĀ ?Ā  We've had plenty of draws, but when there's been a winner, it's been them.

In / Out: Out
Prematcher: Night feed
Match: Bed I imagine
Postmatch: Combination of the aboveĀ ?
Prediction: Dons 1 - Huns 2, McGinn
Crowd: 36 seagullsĀ 

• Like 1

Good luck AFC. I just learned in the pub yesterday that it's a 12.30 kick off now so delighted to be attending a BBQ and getting a few beers down my neck whilst watching the game. Will probably take some decent whisky along to mark the occasion and will be praying for a home win. I have no idea how the game will go but hey, every dog has its day and having beaten them 3 times in Glasgow recently -Ā including the best bounce AFC fans have had since the Scottish Cup Final 1990 - this home win record is SO overdue to change.

Screenshot 2020-07-26 at 01.59.23.png

No idea how this will go. Zombies seem to have been clicking in preseason games from bits I have seen on tv while not really able to get any information on Dons games. Ā  Think itā€™s looking like Anderson will be starting striker with Cosgrove and Main seemingly not fit. Surely means us changing from our usual punt up to big man tactics as cannot see that working with Anderson. Suspect Hernandez will start at right back if Logan is not fit. Hayes allegedly played left yesterday.Ā 

oot

flatĀ 

flat watching game on tv

flat watching other football on tv

0-2 no dons scorer

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

8 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Good luck AFC. I just learned in the pub yesterday that it's a 12.30 kick off now so delighted to be attending a BBQ and getting a few beers down my neck whilst watching the game. Will probably take some decent whisky along to mark the occasion and will be praying for a home win. I have no idea how the game will go but hey, every dog has its day and having beaten them 3 times in Glasgow recently -Ā including the best bounce AFC fans have had since the Scottish Cup Final 1990 - this home win record is SO overdue to change.

Screenshot 2020-07-26 at 01.59.23.png

New site, new positivity from Rocket

Keep it up mateĀ 

Given the lack of detailed, or even slightly detailed, match reports, I literally have no idea who's fit and who's not, what shape we have been trying, how we've been playing etc....Ā 

Ā 

All I know is that we've drew 2 and lost once. Get that it's main purpose is match fitness, but still would have be nice to get a few wins heading into the Season. I'm hoping the " Secrecy " has been because we are keeping them guessing? Not that it'll make much difference. I'll be the first to be a negative cunt and say we will lose, comfortably. Also don't think this will be a productive Season for various reasons, looking at another 4th, possibly 5th/6th League Table finish.Ā 

Ā 

Digging the new site, though.Ā ?

Loads of stories circulating online that Morelos is offski to Lille.

Huns near creaming themselves at the potential level of fee.

Seem to be forgetting that his previous club allegedly have a fairly substantial sell on clause.

Greg Stewart to lead the line for them next weekend ?Ā 

It's easy to feel a bit apprehensive about this one because the huns are going to be all kinds of motivated to get a good start.Ā  But under all kinds of pressure too and losing your star centre forward less than a week before the campaign starts will not help them.Ā  If we win this can you imagine the meltdown though?Ā  Guy I work with is a big rangers fan, he's pretty switched on for one of them though and he reckons they are still soft in the middle of defence.Ā  Cant deal with crosses apparently.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Honestly got no idea how this one will go but I think it's safe to say they will be coming at us from ko.Ā  As long as we don't concede early and let them get any momentum though we should be fairly evenly matched. If you offered me a point just now I would probably take it.Ā 

Not a big fan of politics in fitba but at least this is prior to kick off:Ā https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/derek-mcinnes-says-aberdeen-would-have-taken-the-knee-for-black-lives-matter-ahead-of-rangers-game-with-or-without-official-backing/

If it was like in England when it was after the KO in some cases then I seriously wouldn't put it past the Huns to run up the park and put one in the net while we took the knee....

1 hour ago, Don Quix-80 said:

It's not great news tbf but maybe (without the physical long-ball option) we'll see Bruce fed more of the through passes he seems to thrives. I can't help my optimism lol!Ā 

Welcome aboard, and absolutely, we can but hope! Mcginn and anderson could be tasty.

Thanks @manc_don glad to be on board ?

Yeah I'm really looking forward to Anderson getting a run finally. Doing the business against Rangers is a big ask but with the attacking pace and directness of Hernandez, Hayes and even Scott Wright (who still has potential imo) I think we could pull some other teams apartĀ 

Fancy us to nick a 1-0 on Saturday (Consedine from 1 yard!)Ā