Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

14 hours ago, BigAl said:

Anyone watching The Serpent

Believe it is on BBC1 (Sunday evening) ?

Have it on IPTV so will be ahead of the game as think it is only on episode 4 or so.

Do yourself a favour and catch it on the iplayer

That the one based on a true story of  Charles Sobhraj? Been meaning to have a look at that. 

5 hours ago, Jute said:

That the one based on a true story of  Charles Sobhraj? Been meaning to have a look at that. 

Indeed it is Jute.

Guy that plays Sobhraj, plays it superb, Jenna Coleman as his "wife" is pretty pleasing on the eye.

The way they've done the timeline ( jumps every five minutes or so) took a little getting used to but once you do it works

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2021 at 10:10, BigAl said:

Anyone watching The Serpent

Believe it is on BBC1 (Sunday evening) ?

Have it on IPTV so will be ahead of the game as think it is only on episode 4 or so.

Do yourself a favour and catch it on the iplayer

Is it finished yet on terrestrial tv ?

Can I talk about the ending yet ?

4 hours ago, BigAl said:

Is it finished yet on terrestrial tv ?

Can I talk about the ending yet ?

Think it finished weeks ago. Who'd have thought he'd end up becoming a famous drag queen with a regular slot on daytime TV and married to Mariah Carey. What a great ending. Hope I've not given too much away.

Bojack Horseman.

The animation style put me off (quite similar to the bizarre 'Mr Pickles) but glad I decided to give it a go.
Just finished the first season with 5 more to go and according to reviews it gets better from the 2nd series onwards

Edited by tom_widdows

20 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Bojack Horseman.

The animation style put me off (quite similar to the bizarre 'Mr Pickles) but glad I decided to give it a go.
Just finished the first season with 5 more to go and according to reviews it gets better from the 2nd series onwards

It's phenomenal.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently 6 episodes into 'Your Honour'. It looked interesting from the trailers, but is in reality a bit of a spoon-fed, poor copy of about 10 other series from the last 10-15 years.

I'd recommend 'Tin Star' instead. It's far from perfect, but has at least something a bit more interesting and less predictable in terms of both style and content.

The first series of 'Bloodline' is also decent if you like that sort of thing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2021 at 10:34, Nellie The Don said:

I'm currently 6 episodes into 'Your Honour'. It looked interesting from the trailers, but is in reality a bit of a spoon-fed, poor copy of about 10 other series from the last 10-15 years.

I'd recommend 'Tin Star' instead. It's far from perfect, but has at least something a bit more interesting and less predictable in terms of both style and content.

The first series of 'Bloodline' is also decent if you like that sort of thing. 

Tin star was fantastic. 

We felt the same about Your Honour too, a bit too much and actually I found the son annoying as fuck.

2 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Tin star was fantastic. 

We felt the same about Your Honour too, a bit too much and actually I found the son annoying as fuck.

Aye, he was a total dick. There's only so much belief suspension can go on with one character. I've seen a lot worse, but I wouldn't recommend it. 

Snowpiercer on Netflix been half decent. 

• Like 1

On 12/03/2021 at 13:19, RicoS321 said:

Aye, he was a total dick. There's only so much belief suspension can go on with one character. I've seen a lot worse, but I wouldn't recommend it. 

Snowpiercer on Netflix been half decent. 

Have started Snowpiercer. It's a good watch.  I read some of the "graphic novel" / comic book as one of my old house mates was a big fan.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2021 at 00:13, BigAl said:

Well what a fucking damp squib that Line Of Duty turned out to be.

Massive disappointment in my opinion

Absolutely. Couldn’t believe it ended the way it did. Definitely not as strong as previous seasons. 

handmaids tale on the other hand has been excellent and dark as the previous.

also started watching mare of easttown, decent so far. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kowalski said:

Mare of Easttown - best thing on TV. 

Aye, Winslet a cracking actress like. Really good. Although I thought Monday's was the last episode and was a little disappointed, but it turns out there's two more. Enjoying it.

• 2 weeks later...

Inside Number 9, Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton are incredible writers when you think about everything they have done. 

Inside Number 9

League Of Gentlemen

Psychoville ( Their best by some margin, yet not known as much as the other 2 ) 

Also watching a Documentary about Satanic Cults called Fall River, resulted in at least 3 young women getting murdered, decapitated, raped etc... fucking horrific stuff and abysmal that these creatures are allowed to breathe still. Although, I'd advise you stay clear of stuff like that, I have watched a fair amount of Documentaries about Satanic Cults and for the love of fuck, it absolutely messes you up. Genuinely can't understand why I still watch them. 

• 2 months later...