Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

Look out for how far Alan Main kicks the ball in the last minute.

Even though it is 30 years ago it was a decent game, but the challenges are x rated. No team taking any prisoners and seeing Ally Maxwell with bust ribs carrying on showd how mad it used to be. Alan Main I couldn't remember their keepers name..

Extra time and it's a close game, wouldn't like to call it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody watched Pandemic on Netflix, You would think it was just recorded yesterday  :o.

Just finished Sunderland till I die season 2

Been meaning to watch the first. Have only started Sunderland till I die ( have to watch when the wife is having a nap ).  Just finished the third season of Ozark. Excellent.

Watched the first ep of Limmy's Homemade Show on Friday which was good, they've stuck it up on iplayer now so got the other 2 watched, something special about the 2nd episode, extremely good.

I watched the first on Friday and have since seen the other two. It's fantastic in my book but I know that the majority of people wouldn't like it, or wouldn't "get it" as the parlance might be.

My two daughters with whom I went to see Limmy's Vines last year at the Fringe had a chat about what we liked about Limmy and why we agreed that the majority wouldn't like him. Of course these were just opinions (as the data showing what the majority think isn't available) but I saw something this morning that reinforced my views about Limmy, who I think is a total genius by the way.

I happened across a Bob Mortimer tweet and then took a few minutes to see some of his other tweets in the last month which included some phenomenal video clips - have a cappachoochoo on me, ya. What I think that Limmy and Vic n Bob and Paul Whitehouse and Harry Enfield and George Carlin and Bill Hicks etc. etc. all have/had in common is two things. Their not giving a fuck ethos frees them to do what they like and what they like to do, or particularly how they choose to do it is highly original and totally innovative. I find those artists extremely funny not just for their anti-establishmentism but more so because they make me laugh out loud where the more popular "comedies" don't. Mrs Brown's Boys and Only Fools and Horses and Dad's Army and Allo Allo and numerous other sitcoms are formulas, and I despise every one of them. Monty Python was good in the early 70's when I first saw them but their appeal left me cold as I grew up.

You need to have an open mind to watch Limmy (or any of the other originals who don't follow a time-honoured "script"). The formulaic comedy can include much funny stuff too but it is the formula itself that allows the masses to conjoin in mutual appreciation, unthreatened by anything they don't fully understand. I don't even know why half of Limmy's stuff cracks me up, it just does, every time.

It's like surrealist art or cubism for me. I don't understand why Magritte painted what he did, I have no idea what Dali's images are supposed to be and I don't even know why I like Braque and Picasso and Klee etc., I just do. I know Vic did a piece on dadaism (which wasn't anything other than a slightly interesting offshoot of "real" art for me) and that there can be correlations between his brand of comedy and that but even analysing it too much defeats the purpose for me. Let it wash, let it flow. Limmy's flow of sketches on TV are as good as it gets for me and unlike his vines etc., he keeps his best stuff for these shows. I tuned in to his YouTube after his show on Friday but tuned out after 5 minutes. I don't care to hear him talking about his art, I just want to watch it, blissfully happy in my ignorance of what it's supposed to mean or trying to critically analyse aspects of it.

Like everyone, I've had time on my hands. Things of note

Tiger king:  ok, but not brilliant

Animal kingdom: just started this, a lot like SOA. Hoping it lives up to the start ( on iptv, not sure usual place )

Ozark s3:  really good

100 humans: educational and amusing but full of eccentric yanks

Friday night dinner:  new season on all 4, class programme

Narcos Mexico : meh

Don't fuck with cats: if you haven't seen it, watch it. Weird start but the end blows your mind.

Maradonna in Mexico:  brilliant, better than his documentary

I've been watching Quiz this week, which includes some very good actors. Thoroughly enjoying it. All available on stvPlayer, third and final episode tonight.

It’s been great, with great performances all round. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Michael Sheen been shit in anything.

the 'train guy' that Mortimer does is so good and extremely accurate on many levels, it's funny you should compare him and Limmy as the same thought popped in my head as I watched the 2nd and 3rd episodes.  I also think a lot of people will feel awkward as fuck watching Limmy as they simply won't get it or perhaps they do and it's makes them realise they are one of the people he is ripping, we all know a 'ere whit language dae they speak in Brazil" type of person, we've all been stood at a bus stop and had the awkward glance with someone but how Limmy added to that was something special, I'm glad I never gave up on as I used to brush him off and think he was crap but really it was me that was crap for dismissing it/him.

I love his "that fucking accent eh". He's not afraid to reveal prejudices and he'll know that many of us have the exact same prejudices.

His cancer bands is my favourite. It's social observation only but delivered so intelligently, it just floors me in mirth.

She's turned the weans against us is genius. We've all known losers like that.

When he talks his mugger into not mugging him and then batters him with his laptop case, that was also very cleverly done and as with everything he does, extremely thought provoking.

The double dildo sketch to sell the need to communicate was incredible.

In the current series, he's just as scared as me was phenomenal.

I've been watching Quiz this week, which includes some very good actors. Thoroughly enjoying it. All available on stvPlayer, third and final episode tonight.

Thought it wasn't too shabby Rocket.

Have to say if it is entirely accurate (no doubt some poetic licence applied) I'm more than a little surprised that he was found guilty based on what I saw last night.

Thought it wasn't too shabby Rocket.

Have to say if it is entirely accurate (no doubt some poetic licence applied) I'm more than a little surprised that he was found guilty based on what I saw last night.

It was certainly a very sympathetic portrayal of the Ingrams. But surely the pair of them colluded, but the wife didn’t tell her husband that Tecwin was also involved in the coughing. That was my take.

It was certainly a very sympathetic portrayal of the Ingrams. But surely the pair of them colluded, but the wife didn’t tell her husband that Tecwin was also involved in the coughing. That was my take.

If the wife didn't tell the major that Tecwin was involved in coughing, why did Tecwin cough at the correct answers?

Why I watched it I have no idea, but just watched the 91 title decider on the BBC.  :o  :'(

Was as gutted now as I was back then, but as a 17 year old I thought we would have many more chances to win the league, didn't really work out that way though.  :(

Even when 2-0 down I was still willing us on to get the equalizer.  :D

What a team we had though and to think we could have changed the game up here if only we had got a point that day.

I wasn't at the game, but fuck it must have been a horrible place to be after that.

12 episodes (of 30) in of Ozark on Netflix. Done it in three sittings so far and will have it finished in the next week. Some preposterous plot lines but very gripping.

Finished it on Thursday. That's 30 hours of my life I won't get back. Regretted it. Gripping was all it was but suspense without nuance, credibility or substance isn't worth the effort.

I'm going to raise the intellectual bar here ( but the iplayer is full of classics lately)

The Belles of St. Trinians

An absolute masterclass from Alastair Sim as Miss Fritton.

Joyce Grenfell at her best.

George Cole ( the invisible man)

Sid James gets a mention just for having his face.

Lots of girls in school uniforms and stockings ( I even recognised Andre Melly)

What's not to like?

Sportscene rewind was a decent watch this evening.

Only seen highlights of the featured games on 'Team of the Decade' etc but tonight got to see extended versions which showed the matches weren't as one sided as they seemed in the old videos.

Also didn't know Roy Aitken was sent off in the 1984 cup final.