What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

Watched the rescue on Disney, documentary about the Thai football team that were stuck in the cave. Mental stuff. Really good watch. Obviously remember the story at the time but wasn’t aware about all the detail. Only bad thing about the programme was the shite,  cheesy (assuming American) music at the end of it. Completely 🤮

On 02/04/2023 at 21:27, manc_don said:

Watched the rescue on Disney, documentary about the Thai football team that were stuck in the cave.

I remember watching the Netflix series about that. The ideas that were being thrown around by the international community to save the team was just incredible, including the air capsules that I believe were supposed to house one kid at a time whilst a driver dragged them through the water

11 hours ago, Reekie_Red said:

I remember watching the Netflix series about that. The ideas that were being thrown around by the international community to save the team was just incredible, including the air capsules that I believe were supposed to house one kid at a time whilst a driver dragged them through the water

Aye, that was a Muskism. Apparently a PR stunt and then he called one of the rescue organisers a paedo 🙄. Held up in yank court as not being defamation, well, of course it would. 

what they ended up doing is no more crazy than the air pod idea mind.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been watching Barry (about a depressed “vet” now assassin) and fubar (very light hearted and quite 80s but amusing nonetheless). Have finally got round to catching up on the black mirror seasons I’ve missed. Wife isn’t a fan so it’s slow progress.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Anyone been watching ahsoka?

Have seen the first 2. I liked that they used the first episode to catch people up who haven't seen the animated SW series. I've struggled with the animated series, indeed only got half way thru the first season of Clone Wars before I got bored. Enjoying Ahsoka, although nothing beats the first two seasons of Mando 

7 minutes ago, Reekie_Red said:

Have seen the first 2. I liked that they used the first episode to catch people up who haven't seen the animated SW series. I've struggled with the animated series, indeed only got half way thru the first season of Clone Wars before I got bored. Enjoying Ahsoka, although nothing beats the first two seasons of Mando 

First series of tcw is defo the weakest.  It gets sooooooo good though and well worth sticking with. If yiu can't face it though you should defo watch rebels.  It starts out with a fun sw cartoon vibe but that soon changes.  Excellent plot and character development and it really hits you in the feels a few times.  It's probably my  favourite SW content these days 2bh and I've been waiting for ahsoka for a long time now.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 09/09/2023 at 11:09, manc_don said:

Yellowstone. Excellent series although felt like the last one was a bit of a glorification of the cowboy wankfest. 

have started watching Kin, about and Irish crime family 👍reekie, that one’s on TVNZ btw.

Season 2 of Kin is out now

• Like 1

Extremely late to the party but have just binge watched the first two series of Happy Valley.

Don't think I will be moving to that area of Yorkshire any time soon

Brutal stuff but compelling viewing and Sarah Lancashire is outstanding in the lead role.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finished the latest F1 series, good watch, and keep meaning to watch the bloody thing live again but life gets in the way. 

looking to start the gentleman soon, seems to have good reviews along with 3 body problem.

17 hours ago, Tyrant said:

New Amsterdam. Medical drama. Enjoying it. Recently re-watched The Sopranos. Thoroughly enjoyed both seasons of Kin. 

My wife watched new Amsterdam, wasn’t my cup of tea. 

shogun has appeared on my watch list , anyone started that yet?