Author Topic: Jonny Hayes  (Read 368 times)

Offline SeeBass

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: -129
Jonny Hayes
« on: February 13, 2020, 09:40:12 PM »
Not even sure why I was thinking about Mr Hayes earlier but we remember him saying in an interview before our 2017 Scottish Cup Final against Celtic that one had got rid of all his runner-up medals.  Does this comment give impression he isn't and wasn't a team player??

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 38
Re: Jonny Hayes
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 12:50:22 AM »
Says to me he's only interested in winning, can't knock him for that attitude

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 19
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 06:52:24 AM »
I'd agree with what he has done.

You could never question his commitment to the team, always gave 100% on the pitch and worked hard at both ends. He/we were unlucky not to get the cup in the 2017 final and a large part of that was done to him that day.

Brenda didn't sign him for Celtic because he needed him, he did it to weaken us, which it did.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -201
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 02:40:21 PM »
Runners up medals are absurd in football. Perhaps for all team sports. I wouldn't want to keep them either. Although the only fitba final I lost in - the AFC Trophy the first year it was NOT played at Pttodrie (Porterfield got the blame) - they didn't hand out medals for the losers. Individual sports are different. I was proud of my first medal aged 8, a swimming bronze against kids older and bigger than me but the silvers and golds looked and tasted better when they came. The person who thought we should give medals to beaten finalists in football was a loser himself. Fucking ridiculous notion.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise