Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

1 hour ago, Panda said:

Aberdeen not taking up the option to sign Myslovic permanently.

After seeing how hopeless he was against Darvel, that's no surprise.

Good bit of business in theory. I had it in my head we'd actually signed him, so the try before you buy is a bit of a relief. With Miovski, Ramadani and Myslovic tried and tested we should have a better barometer for the Eastern Europe laddies. There's likely only so much you can get from the stats and the videos and it must be difficult to guage how a player will translate to playing in a different league. Knowing that we need to aim higher than Zilina (where he played 60 games) is probably useful.

8 minutes ago, redordead said:

Just my thoughts today as Devlin comes in. Do we keep 3 DC or move to a back 4?

I'd love to see young Jack come back into the team but I have a feeling that Barry isn't his biggest fan

McKenzie not good enough to start, but a good squad player to cover left back and left centre back. He's not that young anymore either! A back 4 would be great, but it's slightly harder to accommodate the 2 up front without sacrificing midfield. I don't see it happening while Duk is in the team. He needs to be kept away from defending at all costs and also be allowed to try things and lose the ball now and again, so the extra man in midfield is essential. 

7 hours ago, manc_don said:

"After such a crap first half of the year, to go and get a win like that where we didn’t just beat Rangers, we battered them, was what I needed.”

Love this.

I suppose the interview didn't really say anything unexpected. He knows he's too good to sit on the bench and another loan spell is pointless if they're not going to give him a chance when he comes back.

Suspect he'll be this summer's will he/won't he's Connor Ronan. 

43 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Wigan directors now resigning after owner once again failed to deliver promised cash.

I sense a winding up petition will be appearing soon

Wigan have released a statement saying club has been sold pending EFL approval. 

Saw today us linked to Morgan Feeney, 24 yr old central defender and captain of Carlisle Utd. Anyone know if he’s decent? Also supposedly linked to hearts and hibs. No clue to the truth in this as I’ve seen this guy, Clark Robertson, Michael rose, and Jay Idzes mentioned in the last week or so….

14 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Saw today us linked to Morgan Feeney, 24 yr old central defender and captain of Carlisle Utd. Anyone know if he’s decent? Also supposedly linked to hearts and hibs. No clue to the truth in this as I’ve seen this guy, Clark Robertson, Michael rose, and Jay Idzes mentioned in the last week or so….

Saw Feeney play for Carlisle last season in a game they lost to Newport. Can’t say he stood out in a poor Carlisle team on the night. Didn’t stand out as being shite either. 

6 hours ago, Jute said:

I don’t think either leads to a quick resolution. For him to walk away I think they need to go into liquidation which could be a long process. New owners are likely to take time to asses what they have at the team and also might take a bit of time for any takeover to complete. 

At least we have a bit of time on our hands given our first game of the season will actually be the league opener.  Must have been Mcinnes's first season we did that come to think of it.  Regardless I doubt this will make much difference in his return.  New owners are unlikely to care about a 31 yo player in his last year that wants away.

15 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

At least we have a bit of time on our hands given our first game of the season will actually be the league opener.  Must have been Mcinnes's first season we did that come to think of it.  Regardless I doubt this will make much difference in his return.  New owners are unlikely to care about a 31 yo player in his last year that wants away.

All depends on finances and if they get hit with a transfer embargo for last years shambles. If they have no money for new players or are not allowed to sign new players then new owners may need to care about a 31 year old player. 

3 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Some online 'newspage' called 'the athletic' reporting a 21 year old entrepreneur is in the frame to buy them.

Apparently no real signs of wealth and very little details about his companies at companies house

Looks dodgey as when you look up companies house. None of companies have filed accounts. 

On 05/06/2023 at 20:36, Jute said:

Looks dodgey as when you look up companies house. None of companies have filed accounts. 

BBC picked it up now.

Seems he was negotating to buy Morecombe but couldn't provide evidence of sufficient funding.

Reminds me of Hearts after Arabs and Pars had told Romanov to GTF

Perhaps hes just discovered Dark side of the Moon and is working his way through the lyrics of 'Money'

• Haha 2