Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

9 minutes ago, Panda said:

That the same Scott Wright who ran past the Aberdeen fans at Hampden laughing and gesturing after their goal?

No thanks.

Really, he hurt your feelings? The filth directed to so many players and you grudge him that. The guy made a decision to make more money and probably got death threats for it. The abuse fans directed at players, and refs, is beyond acceptable, I don’t see laughing and smiling after a goal as a deal breaker.

Edited by OrlandoDon

5 hours ago, Panda said:

Early on in the season he looked like he had a bit about him before all the injuries.

He played less than 30 minutes in games against the Tims and St Mirren and was honking in both. Since then, he's managed another 30 minute cameo against Hibs in a mildly disappointing game, before disappearing. At no point did he look like he had a bit about him. 

6 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Really, he hurt your feelings?

Don't be childish. You can surely work out why fans wouldn't want to welcome back a player who is quite happy to mock them previously.

The guy made a decision to make more money and probably got death threats for it.

Jesus 🙄

Yeh let's just make stuff up to help our argument.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

He played less than 30 minutes in games against the Tims and St Mirren and was honking in both. Since then, he's managed another 30 minute cameo against Hibs in a mildly disappointing game, before disappearing. At no point did he look like he had a bit about him. 

I actually searched for Roberts' name on this forum, and 90% of the posts are you attacking him. Do you and him have previous beef?

I thought he showed promising signs, but we've never really had a chance to see more of him. But people's opinions early on of players were skewed. For example, in the opening day match thread, everyone gushed over how great Anthony Stewart was.

12 minutes ago, Panda said:

Don't be childish. You can surely work out why fans wouldn't want to welcome back a player who is quite happy to mock them previously.

Jesus 🙄

Yeh let's just make stuff up to help our argument.

You really see that as an unrealistic point. Players get that all the time. It’s the mentality of the low life football fan and unfortunately we have them too. I get your point about feelings but some footie fans are so primitive in nature, if we have the opportunity to sign a free transfer that makes us better it’s short sighted to turn it down. 

1 hour ago, Panda said:

I actually searched for Roberts' name on this forum, and 90% of the posts are you attacking him. Do you and him have previous beef?

I thought he showed promising signs, but we've never really had a chance to see more of him. But people's opinions early on of players were skewed. For example, in the opening day match thread, everyone gushed over how great Anthony Stewart was.

There have probably only been about ten posts about Roberts given the fact he's never played. I like to make an early call on most players, just to make it interesting. A first impression. I can't believe anyone's first impression of Roberts would have been in any way hopeful, there was zero redeeming features in those two games. Of course that could just have been a fitness issue, so I'd always caveat any early predictions with a: "they might improve". He was okay against Hibs, he looked fitter, but we were 40 goals down by that point. Anyway, regardless, I've clearly been proved right. 

I don't remember Stewart being gushed over, I thought there were quite a few negatives on here, even in the league cup matches with regard to his pace. There were certainly a lot of people raising questions by the time he was made captain. Either way, it's good to discuss the first impressions on players, and it's also okay to be wrong about them too.

45 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

There have probably only been about ten posts about Roberts given the fact he's never played.

Well over 30. About 29 of them you saying he was pish, two of which you posted before the poor lad was even born.

45 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I don't remember Stewart being gushed over, I thought there were quite a few negatives on here, 

You also called Duk gash here, something I hope you've had time to reflect on and seek guidance to improve yourself as a person.

11 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

I don’t give a shit that he signed for the Huns, I’d take Scott Wright back. I’d take arfield too even though he’s 34. Ralston, welsh, James Forrest, can we afford them? I’d use Barron as a chip to deal there.

Please don't apply for Mowbrays job. 

TIA.

Signed, every Aberdeen fan that has ever existed. 

Fwiw I don't think we have seen anywhere near enough of Roberts or myslovic to make any kind of accurate assessment.  We do need to shed not hacking it wingers/attackers though and that's before you even take back into consideration Besuijen coming back. Interesting to see what happens there. 

It's easily forgotten that Stewart is still our player though I would be shocked to see him play again, he will surely be staying south of the border. 

It's such a big window but if we can somehow keep Clarkson and Pollock (I'm confident Shinnie will be done) that's 2 more spine players.  What are folks thoughts on Scales? It's tempting to want to keep him (if for continuity more than anything else) and he has been playing reasonably well.  If the price was right I would be on board I guess but I'm not going to be devastated if we don't keep him. 

52 minutes ago, Panda said:

Well over 30. About 29 of them you saying he was pish, two of which you posted before the poor lad was even born.

You also called Duk gash here, something I hope you've had time to reflect on and seek guidance to improve yourself as a person.

There's very little gushing over Stewart in there. Most of us were probably still at the "being polite about him" stage. 

Duk was gash, he was three stones overweight and kept tripping over the ball. He also kept getting played out wide by Goodwin, where I maintain he is still far more of a liability than he is an attacking threat. He's won me over, just, but he'll need another season here just to prove himself. Maybe two. He should probably sign a two year extension with a clause that stipulates that he can't leave unless I sign it off to agree that he's reached expectations. 

I'm generally fairly good at picking a player from one or two viewings, but Duk is definitely one that had me. I usually factor in the lack of fitness, but he was positionally atrocious in his first few games for us, it was like the first time he'd ever played fitba. Jet was another recently that I couldn't nail down as being good or bad. I guess it's probably just more obvious with guys like Stewart who are playing at full fitness in their preferred role and they are missing the basic attributes. Some guys are clearly just of a standard below that required. I think Roberts falls into that, Morris too. I struggle with Richardson as I think so much of his failure could be turned around with confidence and just being told to do the basics. 

9 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

It's such a big window but if we can somehow keep Clarkson and Pollock (I'm confident Shinnie will be done) that's 2 more spine players.  What are folks thoughts on Scales? It's tempting to want to keep him (if for continuity more than anything else) and he has been playing reasonably well.  If the price was right I would be on board I guess but I'm not going to be devastated if we don't keep him. 

There's no way in earth Clarkson is staying. He'd walk into the Huns team right now and be pushing McGregor for game time at the Tims. There is zero benefit to Liverpool or Clarkson to him coming here for another season, he's more than proven himself. Putting my own partisan and selfish reasons aside - I'd love to see him back - I'd feel like the guy would be being hugely let down if he returned next season. Pollock is a different matter, I think he's still got a bit to go even at this level, but I could understand his parent club maybe wanting to take a punt on him at a higher level.

Scales I'd definitely take back. He reminds me of Considine when he was transitioning from being a guy that gave away pens and got stupid reds every time he played a player with any strength to a player that learned to be aggressive and use his body well. I think he could be a great fit for us for another few years, whilst probably not hitting the heights of earning a big money transfer either. Could be a very reliable mainstay alongside MacDonald and beyond. Good one the ball too.

7 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

There's no way in earth Clarkson is staying. He'd walk into the Huns team right now and be pushing McGregor for game time at the Tims. There is zero benefit to Liverpool or Clarkson to him coming here for another season, he's more than proven himself. Putting my own partisan and selfish reasons aside - I'd love to see him back - I'd feel like the guy would be being hugely let down if he returned next season. Pollock is a different matter, I think he's still got a bit to go even at this level, but I could understand his parent club maybe wanting to take a punt on him at a higher level.

Scales I'd definitely take back. He reminds me of Considine when he was transitioning from being a guy that gave away pens and got stupid reds every time he played a player with any strength to a player that learned to be aggressive and use his body well. I think he could be a great fit for us for another few years, whilst probably not hitting the heights of earning a big money transfer either. Could be a very reliable mainstay alongside MacDonald and beyond. Good one the ball too.

Considine never changed, he was always slow and made mistakes. We just had a period when we were the second then third best team in the league and we were a good attacking team. He had less to do and was less exposed. I think scales is quicker, more skilled, and will improve.

i’d argue almost all of thought wtf when fat duk played his first game. Obviously we were all wrong but first impressions weren’t good.

Edited by OrlandoDon

Duk looked every inch a player who had not played top flight games when he first arrived. He has definitely improved and learning how to play the position. For what it’s worth I think he still has more to learn and would definitely benefit for another season with us. 

Disagree with Orlando’s comments on Considine he definitely did improve as a player with us. 

If Scales was available on a free would be happy to have him back but would not be keen on paying the £500k fee Victims were allegedly looking for on the summer. If we are paying a fee then better out there for that money. Definitely should not be taking him or anyone else on loan from either of the bigots again.

Clarkson has grown on me this season and he now looks a good player. As Rico says would love him to be here next season but his form with us will have drawn the attention of others with deeper pockets.

With us potentially having an additional 8 games next season for Europe we will need to sign additional players as we will need a deeper squad. 

Oot

Highlands

Annoyed to miss the last game but trip North booked months ago.

Be surprised if we have all 3 playwrs back for this but even if we do,not overly confident. Crowd will hopefully help influence the performance

Dons 2 - Saints 1 Duk x2. COYR

1 hour ago, Elgindon said:

Oot

Highlands

Annoyed to miss the last game but trip North booked months ago.

Be surprised if we have all 3 playwrs back for this but even if we do,not overly confident. Crowd will hopefully help influence the performance

Dons 2 - Saints 1 Duk x2. COYR

How can you be oot for the entire transfer window? That's going to be some trip.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Just watched Robsons presser.  Looked pretty pissed off that the Devlin signing has been leaked. 

Burrows said on Friday the club were not happy at all as they did not want this leaked. Wanted to allow Livingston to release the news that their player was leaving. 

21 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Just watched Robsons presser.  Looked pretty pissed off that the Devlin signing has been leaked. 

7 hours ago, Jute said:

Burrows said on Friday the club were not happy at all as they did not want this leaked. Wanted to allow Livingston to release the news that their player was leaving. 

Bit of tit for tat "fuck you", I reckon. Wasn't it the same person that Cormack called out over a previous "ITK" leak? Maybe last season?