Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

With Nicky Devlin potentially on his way, who are the best of the rest that would improve our squad. Not by any means star signings or glamorous but SPL players, ideally a scot or two as well. Not Scottish but Jamie McGrath worth a look with United all but down?

I wondered if Dylan Levitt that they signed from man united might be worth a look. Still relatively young and had a great season on loan the previous year. I was surprised he signed for them permanently. I presume he's been poor for them this season but maybe still some potential there?

2 hours ago, DantheDon said:

I wondered if Dylan Levitt that they signed from man united might be worth a look. Still relatively young and had a great season on loan the previous year. I was surprised he signed for them permanently. I presume he's been poor for them this season but maybe still some potential there?

Levitt only signed a two year deal and with them going down they will defo be looking to move him on, he will be on a fairly healthy wage as well 2bh.  I've honestly not seen enough of him to comment but I know he did well last season.  

"Nicky Devlin, on his final home appearance as a Livingston player, raced down the right and flashed a teasing ball across the face of goal which wiped out the visitors defence and allowed the onrushing Shinnie to nudge it in"

Dons Legend. Setting up Shinnie for Shinnies' third goal of the night. Five assists for the season I think, which puts him up there with Johnny Hayes. McRorie did a lot of good running last night but an entire season with no assists isn't a great stay. His season was summed up with that opportunity near the end where he did brilliantly to out muscle the defender to get into the box, at which point he panicked and kicked it out of play. I assume we're just getting Devlin and spending the McRorie money on the third place party? That'd be classic Robson.

19 minutes ago, Reekie_Red said:

Clarkson to the Red Army on twitter "Thank you for your support this season. It's been incredible. We'll see you in Europe."

read into that what you will 

That we'll be in Europe next season and the boy is correct.

Would love there to be more to it, but I have my doubts

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Reekie_Red said:

Clarkson to the Red Army on twitter "Thank you for your support this season. It's been incredible. We'll see you in Europe."

read into that what you will 

He's just a young lad, so it's probably best not to read too much into his Twitter comments, but let's do it anyway. He says "we", rather than "I". The "we" he's referring to could be Liverpool, who are likely to be in the same tournament. Or, I suspect, more likely, that the player is as in the dark about his future as anyone else. 

Hopefully Robson has kidnapped his family or something. It'd be the biggest signing the club has made this century if they could get him. Can't think of a guy with his potential signing in the last twenty years. Far more about him than either Ferguson or McLean (or Severin), which isn't a criticism of those players. Obviously I'm excluding Ronnie Hernandez.

12 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Hope you've got the humble pie ready to guzzle Rico 😂😂

I refuse to get excited about anything written in the P&J. 

Am I right in thinking he's only got a year left at Liverpool? Meaning any move (by the player, anywhere) would likely be permanent rather than another loan?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Am I right in thinking he's only got a year left at Liverpool? Meaning any move (by the player, anywhere) would likely be permanent rather than another loan?

apparently so:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/05/liverpool-loanees-stunning-free-kick-seals-europe-may-earn-next-transfer/

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Lets be honest, he's a brilliant player but not going to get into the first team at anfield. Cheeky 500k bid might just get him...... He clearly loves it at Pittodrie 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DantheDon said:

Yeh I'd take him, although if Goodwin gets appointed permanently there he may not be receptive to dealing with his old club.

But maybe those above him will make the decision for him. Levitt isn't going to get in the Welsh squad playing in the Championship. £400k and a sell on clause is worth it I'd say.

Clarkson and Levitt in the same team would be Booth and Jess levels of class. Yes I said it, I'm standing by it.

15 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

McRorie did a lot of good running last night but an entire season with no assists isn't a great stay. His season was summed up with

I know you've been orchestrating McCrorie's transfer so you could get Devlin in the door for some time, but McCrorie was playing at centre half for most of the season.

I think he's leaving a year too soon - would have had his best season next year under Robson imo. But lo accettiamo e andiamo avanti.

• Like 1

On Clarkson, the club have teased a full interview with him on RedTV next week.

He won't be an Aberdeen player next week, so it's either an emotional goodbye interview and "I'll always remember you" piece. Or coinciding with the announcement of a permanent move.

6 minutes ago, Panda said:

On Clarkson, the club have teased a full interview with him on RedTV next week.

He won't be an Aberdeen player next week, so it's either an emotional goodbye interview and "I'll always remember you" piece. Or coinciding with the announcement of a permanent move.

Let's hope it's the latter!

1 minute ago, manc_don said:

Let's hope it's the latter!

It's defo the latter imo.  It was the club that tweeted his "we'll see you in Europe" message not the boy himself.  He loves it, he's staying.  I would almost, almost, put the mortgage on it 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Panda said:

Yeh I'd take him, although if Goodwin gets appointed permanently there he may not be receptive to dealing with his old club.

But maybe those above him will make the decision for him. Levitt isn't going to get in the Welsh squad playing in the Championship. £400k and a sell on clause is worth it I'd say.

Clarkson and Levitt in the same team would be Booth and Jess levels of class. Yes I said it, I'm standing by it.

I know you've been orchestrating McCrorie's transfer so you could get Devlin in the door for some time, but McCrorie was playing at centre half for most of the season.

I think he's leaving a year too soon - would have had his best season next year under Robson imo. But lo accettiamo e andiamo avanti.

Agreed with regards Levitt and Clarkson. I also think that McRorie is leaving too soon, but that's because some wild English club are willing to pay £2M for a guy who's yet to have a cross be met by an Aberdeen player.

8 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

It's defo the latter imo.  It was the club that tweeted his "we'll see you in Europe" message not the boy himself.  He loves it, he's staying.  I would almost, almost, put the mortgage on it 

I can see you in a few years time meeting Clarkson in a night club after he's just won the league with Newcastle or some other English pish, leaning into him in boozy tears, saying "but you said that we'll see you in Europe?". Certainly, that's the reason I'm refusing to accept his signing. I've had my heart broken before.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Agreed with regards Levitt and Clarkson. I also think that McRorie is leaving too soon, but that's because some wild English club are willing to pay £2M for a guy who's yet to have a cross be met by an Aberdeen player.

I can see you in a few years time meeting Clarkson in a night club after he's just won the league with Newcastle or some other English pish, leaning into him in boozy tears, saying "but you said that we'll see you in Europe?". Certainly, that's the reason I'm refusing to accept his signing. I've had my heart broken before.

Nonsense! I'm waaaaaay too old to be going to nightclubs now 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Certainly, that's the reason I'm refusing to accept his signing. I've had my heart broken before.

Richard Foster?

2 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Nonsense! I'm waaaaaay too old to be going to nightclubs now 🤣🤣🤣

Back to the drawing board on the Donstalk end of season party then.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tom_widdows said:

Thats Wigan at it again.

Anyone know if the Dons are currently paying his wages or is he technically playing for free given Wigan's attitude to money?

There was an article I saw a while back that suggested Wigan were concentrating on paying their players who were under contract for next season. Never said if it included players out on loan but would assume it would.