Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

1 hour ago, Kowalski said:

Seen some stuff on social media suggesting the Tims are sniffing around Roos?

No, you saw a parody account (or people you've seen talking about it fell for the parody account).

The same account also said Michael Beale was getting a two-match ban by UEFA for sectarian singing.

Edited by Panda

15 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

He does only have a year left on his deal.  Same with polvara.  We could defo do with extending these two pronto 

I think we'd all be surprised if he was still with us next season, but definitely don't want to lose him this. If we're giving Polvara minutes this season, we really need to tie him down.

44 minutes ago, Jute said:

Going to against grain here and say I would not be rushing to offer Polvara a new deal. Definitely looks better than he did when he first arrived but that’s a low bar to set. 

Agreed. Two games does not a player make. And we haven’t won yet, and no goals or assist from him yet. Think a few have talked him up a little too much. Hope I’m wrong.

I don't think we are over praising Polvara.  Bear in mind Robson clearly has high hopes for him and he defo knows better than us.  He's clearly a player with potential and I'm sure he would be fairly easy to deal with.  

Rumour mill saying we may be in for Rocco Vara whom has apparently been told he can leave the tims.  I know very little about him other than he's a wide player. 

On 17/08/2023 at 08:01, tlg1903 said:

He does only have a year left on his deal.  Same with polvara.  We could defo do with extending these two pronto 

I'd be surprised if Roos moves on soon. His missus Nadine Hanssen only signed for the Dons Women recently. His family are fairly settled here. I'd be happy if he extended his contract. 

Polvara however.... I'm in the wait & see camp. Yes he's been better so far this season, but he's still below the standard I'd expect. Would he get into our 2014-2017 teams? Cos those teams are the standard I expect 

5 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

I don't think we are over praising Polvara.  Bear in mind Robson clearly has high hopes for him and he defo knows better than us.  He's clearly a player with potential and I'm sure he would be fairly easy to deal with.  

Rumour mill saying we may be in for Rocco Vara whom has apparently been told he can leave the tims.  I know very little about him other than he's a wide player. 

Rocco Vata is attacking midfielder who mostly played for Celtic B team last season. No idea if he is any good but would be some step up from lowland league to Premier. 

On 14/08/2023 at 19:38, OrlandoDon said:

Correct, thin squad and gaps, but scales position is not the huge gap. We can play a back 3 or 4, and have multiple options. We have minimal depth in center mid, virtually no wingers, and very little creativity. Given our finances are so limited, scales is a luxury we don’t ultimately need. Injuries to clarkson, shinnie for example, we are pretty fucked. When we need creativity it’s pretty much clarkson and that’s it. We need to invest further up the field, we have way more depth in defense than midfield.

Interesting that a league one side made our left side look quite vulnerable tonight. Liam Scales anyone? 😂

it’s one game but the first game in a long time we’ve looked vulnerable at the back and lose a really shitty goal where our defending is awful.

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Rocco Vata is attacking midfielder who mostly played for Celtic B team last season. No idea if he is any good but would be some step up from lowland league to Premier. 

I don't know if there's any actual truth in the Rocco Vata rumours, but I would suggest that if he's willing to turn down a new contract with Celtic, and has Club Brugge and Torino being interested in him, it would be some coup to get him.

• Like 1

Being linked with Ciaron Brown a left back/centre half from Oxford United and Timotej Jambor a striker from MSK Zilina overnight. 

Oxford saying they have turned down our bid for Brown but it seems we have at least moved on from Scales. 

Being linked with another striker seems odd unless someone is leaving.