Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs livi

Haven’t seen anything of livi this season, but they’ve had what appeared to be decent results against hibs and United earlier in the month. Also lost to Motherwell in the weekend so 🤷‍♂️ 

im hoping we stick with mccrorie in mid, it’s clearly his best position and we need to get someone else in to cover CB. I see Shaughnessy has left saints so guess that may be a possibility, albeit a bit uninspiring. 

Felt we looked good last weekend and that a goal was always coming. Hopefully miovski finds his scoring boots again. Any news on ticket sales yet? 

bed

bed

bed

2-1, miovski and Vinny 

• Like 1

Livi have been very livi this season.  I do have a grudging admiration for Martindale, he organises well and his players really play for him.

Regardless of a worldy being required for the points I did think the players understanding of each other looked improved against St J and hopefully that continues.  

This will be a tough game but if we show up I think we should have enough to open them up.  

Out

Work

Red tv

Work

2-0 Aberdeen Miovski and duk

Rarely more than a goal between the teams over the last few years,quite a few draws.A bit more guile about us this season,hopefully enough to give them a jolly good thrashing this time

In or oot - Oot,family birthday barbie 🙄

Prediction - 4 - 1 Dons.   Miovski,Besuijen,Duk x2

Crowd - 15'743

Edited by Elgindon

Expect this to be our most difficult game since Victims at the start of the season. Martindale’s teams are always physical and tough to breakdown. Not seen any evidence this has changed this season. Expecting another tight game. 

oot

flat

local Scottish Cup game

flat

1-0 McCrorie.

• Like 1

I had the pleasure of watching Motherwell-Livingston last week and it was a poor game and Livingston had one shot on target all day. 

I would like to think we've learned our lesson from letting Motherwell come up and dominate. I don't expect us to win every game but I certainly don't accept us being dominated at home by Livi.

Same team as St Johnstone, don't see the need for any changes.

2 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Looks like we’ve been here before, all three center mids are deeper and a big gap to miovski. We were better with Vinny at 10…..and actually playing in an advanced space. Need an attacking central midfield threat.

Squeezing mcrorie in. I think it's clear that Clarkson is the best of the three. The other two should be fighting for a place, freeing up space for a number ten. If he's not better than ramadani, he should be dropped.

Aye, slow start turned out really good. They were the better team up until that fantastic bit of persistence from Vinny. The correct call from the ref, who was very good today (although our second pen didn't look like a pen from where I was). After the pen we were really good with some great attacking moves. Hayes was really good again, especially that pass for the fourth. Besuijen ran them ragged at times and Miovski leads the line tremendously, he's going to be a great signing with his movement and finishing. Scales very good too with the rest of the defence getting pass marks. Clarkson wasn't great and showed the difficulty in relying on a youngster in that role. Ramadani started poorly again, being very weak in the challenge, but finished well and covered the fullbacks and midfield well. That allowed McRorie the freedom to tank about, disrupting and even scoring (looked like a miss-hit, but perhaps harsh!). Great to see Duncan getting minutes (he should be first in line ahead of Kennedy and Morris) and his first goal, which was a great cross even if it hadn't gone in. Between Besuijen and Hayes for man of the match for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Moaners got in early this week 😂

and ended up with this on their facesegg harmony hall GIF by Vampire Weekend

Moaners? What’s wrong with stating what we see as we watch, much like you’d state to a mate if you were at the game. Don’t think anyone was being unfair or harsh. We didn’t start the game well and livi were the better team for the majority of the first half. Great result though, didn’t see from 40 mins on so no clue what changed besides the sending off.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Great result, left to go to work at 0-0 with livi the better team, so had feared the worst. Was the sending off the game changer??? What happened??

It was, much like the St Mirren game, we were absolutely ruthless after it. In both, the sending off resulted in a scored penalty, which takes the pressure off and the opponent has to change tactic from sitting in, which gives us the space to be as good as we can be. Not sure it tells us much about playing against 11 unfortunately!

The sending off was a result of the keeper passing short to his defender from the goal kick. Besuijen read it and was on him in a second. He tackled him and the guy (Fitzpatrick) just turned and brought him down without thinking. He was through on goal, in the box with the keeper on his line. A certain red, but a little lucky at the same time. Great play from Besuijen.

55 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Moaners? What’s wrong with stating what we see as we watch, much like you’d state to a mate if you were at the game. Don’t think anyone was being unfair or harsh. We didn’t start the game well and livi were the better team for the majority of the first half. Great result though, didn’t see from 40 mins on so no clue what changed besides the sending off.

Dinnae take it personally min.

If you check back match threads from earlier this season you'll get what I meant 😉

• Like 1

Watching the game back now, livi had our number up until the red, which as Rico says , was the right call and great persistence from Besuijen. He played really well today, unsure if it was a motm performance but probably fair. Thought Roos commanded his box well today too. Concerning we don’t seem to be able to play against 11 yet, but hopefully it’s a case of building confidence. We were pretty brutal up until the red. 

but hey ho, 3 points, 5 goals and hopefully that pen gives Besuijen the confidence to kick on. Was a good complete performance. 

out of interest, where was Ramirez today?!?

On 24/08/2022 at 20:13, Elgindon said:

Rarely more than a goal between the teams over the last few years,quite a few draws.A bit more guile about us this season,hopefully enough to give them a jolly good thrashing this time

In or oot - Oot,family birthday barbie 🙄

Prediction - 4 - 1 Dons.   Miovski,Besuijen,Duk x2

Crowd - 15'743

Better than expected barbie,and a jollier good thrashing.Happy days 👍🍻 

11 hours ago, manc_don said:

Red shed looked and sounded great too. Hopefully it becomes a mainstay at the club. 

There seems to be a real connect between the fans & players at the moment, that has not been there at all for a few seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeeBass said:

Don't get me wrong I'll take them but thought our two penalty awards were awfully soft and I'd be disappointed if given against us.

Funny, I thought the same thing. Add to that, it did look like they had a fair penalty shout with the Stewart potential hand ball, maybe right before our second goal??

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

Funny, I thought the same thing. Add to that, it did look like they had a fair penalty shout with the Stewart potential hand ball, maybe right before our second goal??

I thought the first pen was soft, but Fitzwater didn't put up any complaint at all, which would tend to suggest he knew what he was doing.  2nd one, the defender clearly caught Duk's foot as he was sliding by and I'd have been raging if we didn't get the pen for it.  The Stewart one would likely have been given by VAR (so we got lucky there)