Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs livi

On 27/08/2022 at 20:07, donsdaft said:

I release everyone is entitled to their opinion but……….bloody hell

Granted he improved after the penalty. However against ten men, you wouldn't have bet against Ramirez scoring either with the chances being created.

Well Ramirez last season before jim decided to try to make him leave.

9 hours ago, KWT15 said:

I thought the first pen was soft, but Fitzwater didn't put up any complaint at all, which would tend to suggest he knew what he was doing.  2nd one, the defender clearly caught Duk's foot as he was sliding by and I'd have been raging if we didn't get the pen for it.  The Stewart one would likely have been given by VAR (so we got lucky there)

I thought the same for the first pen,but had been looking for a foot foul.Looking again it looks like it may have been more about the guy pulling or impeding Besuijen with his arm,which isnt so visible from the camera angle

Edited by Elgindon

I must admit I did have to watch them both few times to be sure but, nah, nothing soft about either of them.  With the first I was more not sure about the red as it took a few rewatches before I could make my mind up if vinny was going to be able to get a shot away after he nicked the ball.  Defo pen, defo red.  Overall the ref had a really good game, never looked lost or out of control. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

The only thing I don't like about Goodwin is his treatment of Ramirez & Watkins 

Would you agree that Miovski's the better striker(than Ramirez)? If so,it doesnt make sense to have another striker on the bench on the wages CR's reputedly on,(allegedly £5k plus) with no sell on potential.Am guessing they brought Duk in assuming Ramirez would have found another club before now.None of us really know what went on re Ramirez going on holiday either

Nae sure what the issue with Watkins is.I would have liked to have seen what he could do in the current line up,but Goodwins got to make squad decisions.Is Watkins too injury prone for a (probably) high earner?  Maybe got his eye on someone closer to the type of midfielder he thinks he needs

Ps - £28 a ticket for the Wendy house at County,the chancers

Edited by Elgindon

4 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Would you agree that Miovski's the better striker(than Ramirez)? If so,it doesnt make sense to have another striker on the bench on the wages CR's reputedly on,(allegedly £5k plus) with no sell on potential.Am guessing they brought Duk in assuming Ramirez would have found another club before now.None of us really know what went on re Ramirez going on holiday either

Nae sure what the issue with Watkins is.I would have liked to have seen what he could do in the current line up,but Goodwins got to make squad decisions.Is Watkins too injury prone for a (probably) high earner?  Maybe got his eye on someone closer to the type of midfielder he thinks he needs

Ps - £28 a ticket for the Wendy house at County,the chancers

Yes Bojan is better but Ramirez could be kept a bit happier like plus Duke isn't really that type of predatory striker who poaches and pops up in the box in the right places like bojan & ramirez. 

28 quid fkn daylight robbery like in all Scottish fitba' but a Dortmund fan can watch his team play at Bayern Munich for like £16 ! Wre ripped of here like fuck and I hate it! The royal reptiles make me sick & the torys physically sick. Uk = Unscrupulous Kingdom

Edited by The D.O.C.1903

10 hours ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

28 quid fkn daylight robbery like in all Scottish fitba' but a Dortmund fan can watch his team play at Bayern Munich for like £16 ! Wre ripped of here like fuck and I hate it! 

It's simple economics The D.O.C.1903.

If the Dons let you in for £12 less then they would be worse off by let's say £120,000 per game x 19 games a season which is a loss in income of £2.3M a year.  You could kiss goodbye to signing anyone decent with that financial plan.

10 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

If the Dons let you in for £12 less then they would be worse off by let's say £120,000 per game x 19 games a season which is a loss in income of £2.3M a year.  You could kiss goodbye to signing anyone decent with that financial plan.

Yup! Like I said it's a rip off in UK! We live in a very vry rich country yet we are fucked over massively in all areas, I wish putin would bomb Westminster & Buckingham Palace.

On 30/08/2022 at 08:55, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

That said there is an argument that having cheaper tickets would bring in more fans thus offsetting that loss. More fans through the gate also means more pies and drinks sold and higher fan engagment can also translate to extra sales of merchandise and safeguard the clubs future. I bet there is a lot of folk out there who would love to go to more games but can't afford to or can't justify the cost.

45 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

That said there is an argument that having cheaper tickets would bring in more fans thus offsetting that loss. More fans through the gate also means more pies and drinks sold and higher fan engagment can also translate to extra sales of merchandise and safeguard the clubs future. I bet there is a lot of folk out there who would love to go to more games but can't afford to or can't justify the cost.

Nothing wrong with being a bit pragmatic.  By that I mean the club should experiment with dropping the prices a wee bit when the team is playing well for cat b and c games.  People like seeing their team win after all

• Like 1