Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Dundee United have "pipped" Aberdeen to Jamie McGrath, it seems.

Genuinely not arsed on account it was a loan deal, which would have been our third. 

Although I will be arsed if we don't sign Connor Ronan or someone as good as him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Panda said:

Dundee United have "pipped" Aberdeen to Jamie McGrath, it seems.

Genuinely not arsed on account it was a loan deal, which would have been our third. 

Although I will be arsed if we don't sign Connor Ronan or someone as good as him.

If true its a loan could be the reason why were missing out. He would probably have to take a pay cut to come to us. We need to build for the future so I think as little loans as possible is the correct approach. 

I’d say if it’s 2-3 more players it’s surely a #10, holding mid, and possibly a left central defender. Duk, Ramirez, miovski, Roberts, hayes, kennedy, Vinny, even mclennan and Watkins, we are surely set for forwards and width. It’s clearly central we need. 

• Like 1

We're still linked with Shayden Morris. Is it just me that would rather we didn't sign another winger? We just seem to be stockpiling them.

Hayes, Kennedy, Roberts, Besuijen, Miovski, Duk, McLennan, Duncan, Watkins all capable of playing there. Coulson too can play left wing.

Duncan will likely go on loan, McLennan too. I think it would be a real shame if the arrival of another winger spelled the end of Watkins who I think is a good player who provides a different option. Fitness was always his issue but so far he seems to be fine and has featured in all the League Cup games.

For me, the problem on Sunday was the lack of someone able to take the ball in the centre of midfield and set the tempo (McCrorie our only option it seems) and a N.10 (Barron perhaps, but can't overplay the lad).

Priorities for me are left sided central defender and a Number 10. 

Fair enough if Morris comes in and is the best winger at the club, but then why sign the others guys?

We shouldn't be signing 10 players and still saying we're short in key areas.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Panda said:

I get what you mean but the window isn't closed yet and 15 senior players have left.  Also the season has started a few weeks earlier than normal because of the WC. 

Agree that we need another cb and cm.  As for the no 10 position I don't think it's a coincidence that Vinny got that shirt.  

12 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

I get what you mean but the window isn't closed yet and 15 senior players have left.  Also the season has started a few weeks earlier than normal because of the WC. 

Season hasnt started any earlier than previous

This season - 30/31st July
21-22  - 31st July/ 1st August
20-21 - 1st /2nd August

League cup started at the same time too

1 hour ago, Panda said:

We're still linked with Shayden Morris. Is it just me that would rather we didn't sign another winger? We just seem to be stockpiling them.

Hayes, Kennedy, Roberts, Besuijen, Miovski, Duk, McLennan, Duncan, Watkins all capable of playing there. Coulson too can play left wing.

Duncan will likely go on loan, McLennan too. I think it would be a real shame if the arrival of another winger spelled the end of Watkins who I think is a good player who provides a different option. Fitness was always his issue but so far he seems to be fine and has featured in all the League Cup games.

For me, the problem on Sunday was the lack of someone able to take the ball in the centre of midfield and set the tempo (McCrorie our only option it seems) and a N.10 (Barron perhaps, but can't overplay the lad).

Priorities for me are left sided central defender and a Number 10. 

Fair enough if Morris comes in and is the best winger at the club, but then why sign the others guys?

Madness if Watkins is let go as he can be affective in that advanced midfield in a playmaker role.

1 hour ago, tom_widdows said:

Season hasnt started any earlier than previous

This season - 30/31st July
21-22  - 31st July/ 1st August
20-21 - 1st /2nd August

League cup started at the same time too

My bad, I thought the lc started at least a week early and didn't bother to check 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

Madness if Watkins is let go as he can be affective in that advanced midfield in a playmaker role.

I don't see that at all, he's a work your balls of kind of guy, pretty pacy, but not really the skill, tricky, beat a man, threat that pass type of guy. From what I have seen, and I know he's clearly unfit, Duk brings the pace and workrate but has more skill...

2 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Agree that we need another cb and cm.  As for the no 10 position I don't think it's a coincidence that Vinny got that shirt.  

Yeah, I can see us using Vinny centrally but we still need a Ronan or the likes. I think we also factor in that Hayes is 35 and can't play every minute every week, Mclennan is piss, Duncan needs a loan deal, Watkins isn't a winger, and Kennedy has been piss until recently against weaker opposition. A strong winger certainly helps....

Assuming we continue to adopt a forward 4, I'm guessing the plan is for Miovski and Duk to occupy the number 9 and 10 places since we shelled out a load of cash on them with Besuijen on the right and Hayes on the left.  The only further signing I would expect to see is a spare centre half, apart from that we have cover for everyone else. I could see one from Kennedy, Watkins or McLennan will be let go.

30 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

Not amused at our transfer dealings of late, far to much inexperience being brought in! Anyway I think the shay boys medical has been failed. 

It's all well & good bringing in player's for the future but we need experience brought in that'll hit ground running!

So it seems but apparently they may be re doing it? . Not sure if another winger is what we need anyway.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

If we are signing 18 year-old max Dean from Leeds under 23s on loan no less then that is utterly fkn pathetic! And especially if its a Ramirez replacement

Miovski is Ramirez’ replacement. Then Duk, then maybe Watkins. This guy would prob be 4th choice at best. Disappointed we don’t have a youth player to fill this role if true, but if this funds Ronan or the likes that’s fine with me.

• Like 2

If Morris signs here's our squad depth...

GK: Lewis, Roos

LB: Coulson, Mackenzie, Hayes

LCB: Scales (McCrorie I guess)

RCB: Stewart, Bates, McCrorie, Milne

RB: Richardson, McCrorie

CM: Ramadani, McCrorie, Polvara, Barron

AM: Barron, Besuijen

LW: Hayes, Watkins, Coulson, Miovski, Besuijen

RW: Morris, Roberts, Kennedy, Duk, McLennan, Duncan, Miovski, Besuijen

CF: Miovski, Ramirez, Duk, Morris, Harvey

Even if Duncan & McLennan leave on loan we're still heavily stacked at RW. Add that Hayes can actually play there too.