Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

3 hours ago, Chris Frae Killie said:

See Hearts and struggling for players and are looking to fill a couple of longer term positions due to injury. One of said is a central defender. I would offer them Bates on loan. It gets him game time, pays some/all of his wages and means he can't play against us!

Wouldn't it be better if he could play against us?

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Panda said:

According to STV, Aberdeen are after Louis Moult (remember him?).

Has scored nine goals in the five years since he left Motherwell.

Exciting. 

Edit: Goodwin has rubbished the Ramirez to Hearts stuff.

Appears STV were wrong, Goodwin has rubbished the Moult rumours too. My blood pressure is just about returned to normal.

Goodwin says he wants Bates and Ramirez to stay preferably, but McLennan has been told it's time to move on.

3 hours ago, Panda said:

Appears STV were wrong, Goodwin has rubbished the Moult rumours too. My blood pressure is just about returned to normal.

Goodwin says he wants Bates and Ramirez to stay preferably, but McLennan has been told it's time to move on.

Cheeky.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2022/09/01/david-bates-departs-the-dons/

Surely another defender on his way in..

16 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

Ramirez tweeting some cryptic pish 🤔

Don’t know what fans are wanting from him. He’s clearly wanting away and for one reason or another frozen out of the club.  What’s he meant to do? 

wont miss McLennan, was never good enough for us. Saints is probably a slight level above where I thought he’d end up, fair play to him. 

33 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

Ramirez tweeting some cryptic pish 🤔

Etiquette would be to post a link or tell us what he said.

I find Twitter really shit to navigate. I'm not a user of it. I did just check his page and saw a congratulations to David Bates, which seems the opposite of cryptic, so I'm guessing that there was something further that I'm not seeing.

2 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Etiquette would be to post a link or tell us what he said.

I find Twitter really shit to navigate. I'm not a user of it. I did just check his page and saw a congratulations to David Bates, which seems the opposite of cryptic, so I'm guessing that there was something further that I'm not seeing.

Ramirez deleted it very quickly. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Don’t know what fans are wanting from him. He’s clearly wanting away and for one reason or another frozen out of the club.  What’s he meant to do? 

Yeh, some of the stick he's getting on Twitter is unwarranted in my opinion.

He's generally kept quiet this summer, he wants to play and isn't even considered a squad player, yet apparently he's a drama queen for one deleted tweet.

If he was shite I wouldn't care, but he's actually proved to be a very effective goalscorer. The whole situation is utterly bizarre. 

Edited by Panda
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Panda said:

Yeh, some of the stick he's getting on Twitter is unwarranted in my opinion.

He's generally kept quiet this summer, he wants to play and isn't even considered a squad player, yet apparently he's a drama queen for one deleted tweet.

If he was shite I wouldn't care, but he's actually proved to be a very effective goalscorer. The whole situation is utterly bizarre. 

I like Ramirez. He was good for at least half of last season but with shit service. I'd expect him to score a fair few this year if played as our main #9. Something must have happened as I don't think he's much different to Miovski. Certainly appears like Goodwin more or less wants to erase the Glass era and start fresh.

Also, another one from Jim Goodwin that will likely bite him on the arse.

Says Ramirez to Hearts is a no-go because doesn't want to loan to rivals, then loans McLennan to St Johnstone, essentially suggesting they're not good enough to be our rivals.

St Johnstone will be sticking that on the dressing room wall ahead of their next visit.