Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

I refuse to link to the record but it's claiming bates is being eyed up by English league one clubs.  Also, as al has already posted in the wrong thread (senior moment al? 😉😘) Miovski's paperwork is all done and should be joining up with the squad today. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

I refuse to link to the record but it's claiming bates is being eyed up by English league one clubs.  

Aye Bates has made a real arse of it.

It appeared that his stock had risen a bit being in Germany and getting a cap or two for Scotland.  If he had played well last season he would be getting touted around for a fee of a couple of million now but he'll probably end up at Port Vale for £80,000 now. 

I'd keep Bates - I think we're short in defence still. But if you can only really play RCB and the fella in front of you is captain, you may as well go. Would be nice to get some cash for him. I still think Charles Dunne wouldn't be a bad signing to give us another option on the left.

Wonder if Shayden Morris signing is us giving up on Connor Ronan, as can't see us spending £1m on both of them.

Going by reports Ronan had a very good game for Wolves against Levante. Played as a deep-lying playmaker. So it's very likely Wolves will only allow him out on loan at best (which, I guess, might actually make the move more realistic if we do buy Morris)

7 minutes ago, Panda said:

I'd keep Bates - I think we're short in defence still. But if you can only really play RCB and the fella in front of you is captain, you may as well go. Would be nice to get some cash for him. I still think Charles Dunne wouldn't be a bad signing to give us another option on the left.

Wonder if Shayden Morris signing is us giving up on Connor Ronan, as can't see us spending £1m on both of them.

Going by reports Ronan had a very good game for Wolves against Levante. Played as a deep-lying playmaker. So it's very likely Wolves will only allow him out on loan at best (which, I guess, might actually make the move more realistic if we do buy Morris)

Pretty sure goodwin said he wants 2-3 more in, and stated that included a 10 and a winger. So I’d suggest it would be Morris and hopefully Ronan/McGrath.

42 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Dunne now following Aberdeen on Instagram.....

Draw your own conclusion 

Was at the game today along with a certain Martian Boyle. Allegedly. 

ETA - Would be very disappointed if we signed Dunne looked shite every time I have seen him play.

3 minutes ago, Jute said:

Was at the game today along with a certain Martian Boyle. Allegedly. 

ETA - Would be very disappointed if we signed Dunne looked shite every time I have seen him play.

Posted during the game that Boyle was there.

Dunne was also there but NOT with Boyle.

Boyle will not be signing for Aberdeen.

Dunne however 😉

Probably ok if not paying a big fee and he is signing as back up.

I would take Dunne. A left sided defender is what we need and a bit of competition for places between him and Scales is healthy.

Also, if he's signed before the Celtic game, it means McCrorie can play in midfield which I think is a big thing. Yes the standard of opposition hasn't been great but I would argue he's been our best player so far - three goals, effective partnership with Ramadani, getting box to box, also getting wide and putting in crosses, and generally setting the tempo. I think we will be badly missing all that at Parkhead if he goes into defence.

So aye, get Dunne in. I would probably still rather we kept Bates and sent Milne out on loan rather than have him kicking his heels on the bench, but I'll be surprised if Bates isn't away soon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jute said:

A left back?

Surely not if we are signing Dunne.

I think that we're now in the position that we have to sign any left sided player at all before the Tims game. If we sign lots of left sided players then at least one will be available and fit for Sunday.

A left footed right winger 😮

Seems to have a pretty decent goal scoring record for a winger, /guess he might be partial to cutting inside and having a strike.

Seen some comments online that Notts County fans are sorry to see him go.

Step up in level for the lad but sounds promising

Team mate of Jayden Richardson last season, that’s the second time we’ve signed 2 players who played for the same team last season. Hopefully he’s already got a good understanding with Richardson if he plays on the right also.