Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

11 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Find it hilarious that someone is willing to pay for Bates, I really hope it crosses the line! Does seem like that would be making way for Dunne. How shite is he?

He may be shite, but it's left footed shite which is better than Bates shite....perhaps?

Even if Dunne is mediocre, trading Bates for Dunne in a sense really helps us as Stewart and Scales are our referred central pairing anyway, and we have the back up leftie. But if Dunne is any good it certainly allows Scales to play left back, gives competition at the back which is healthy, and keeps McCrorie in the middle of the park. Really gives us options while Bates does not. Would also clearly allow MacKenzie or Hancock to go out on loan, most likely the latter as they both don't need to play very limited mins. Yes, I am stating the obvious, but hope this occurs.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Getting any money for Bates considering how he has played for us has to be good business.  However, I have a strange feeling that Bates is one of those who will turn good eventually and will somehow end up with about 40 Scotland caps and leave us thinking why couldn't we make a player out of that guy?

I think you're right. Sometimes it just doesn't work for a player at a club. There's no doubt in my mind that he's been hung out to dry a little in his time here. He seems like a fairly honest loon who's trying his best too (aye, Gallagher, I'm having a go at you). I suspect he'll be a high earner in the squad and, with Stewart being made captain, he's not going to be getting many minutes at right centre half. Best for everyone that he moved on. Hopefully we'll add in a sell-on just in case. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

I think you're right. Sometimes it just doesn't work for a player at a club. There's no doubt in my mind that he's been hung out to dry a little in his time here. He seems like a fairly honest loon who's trying his best too (aye, Gallagher, I'm having a go at you). I suspect he'll be a high earner in the squad and, with Stewart being made captain, he's not going to be getting many minutes at right centre half. Best for everyone that he moved on. Hopefully we'll add in a sell-on just in case. 

Agree 100% with all of that Rico.

Mason Hancock off to Arbroath on season loan

Assume we will have a January recall option.

Good move for him and hopefully playing week in week out at top of championship will aid his development as have a sneaky feeling he is going to be a decent player.

37 minutes ago, Panda said:

Hancock joins Arbroath on loan, for real this time.

That Bates and Hancock have been allowed to leave suggests Goodwin has a signing up his sleeve. About time too, it's been nearly two days since the last one.

Strange on the timing maybe. If bates goes too surely this means dunne is coming in? Or is it simply a lock that coulson is left back on sunday and mccrorie in the middle? Still leaves us thin on defensible cover and in center mid if we don’t bring in someone.

I’d be a bit worried if Coulson was our first choice left back considering he hardly got a game in his last 2 loans to Ipswich and Peterborough. More likely to be Hayes in a deeper role if he’s still looking to bring in another winger.

3 hours ago, Slim said:

I’d be a bit worried if Coulson was our first choice left back considering he hardly got a game in his last 2 loans to Ipswich and Peterborough. More likely to be Hayes in a deeper role if he’s still looking to bring in another winger.

Boro fans don't seem overly impressed with this move but that seems to be predominantly because their squad is very thin. 

Regardless though, unless as you say he moves Hayes back, he's likely to be starting on Sunday now as McKenzie is only just back training. 

Edited by tlg1903

Looks like arbroath are going to play him at CB

Arbroath FC are delighted to welcome Mason Hancock on a season long loan from Aberdeen.

Mason, 19, is a left footed centre-back who signed for Aberdeen in 2020 after a successful trial.

Having played for Fulham from the ages of 7 through 15, Mason has also played for Woking FC U18 and Oxford United’s U18 before signing for Aberdeen.

Mason faced the Lichties last season when he impressed in our match in the SPFL Trust Trophy where he captained the Aberdeen B side at Pittodrie.

Having signed a contract extension with Aberdeen last season, Mason moved to Forthbank for the second half of last season where he impressed playing for Stirling Albion.

This season Mason has started all 4 group Premier Sports Cup for Aberdeen, catching the eye with impressive displays both defending and attacking.

Arbroath FC would like to thank Jim Goodwin and everyone at Aberdeen FC for making this loan move possible.

We would like to give Mason a very warm welcome to Club.

Welcome Mason!

C’mon the Lichties

image.thumb.png.912403a3b924a2c7ee91c613bdb98375.png

Still think the team lack creativity in the middle of the park and would like another right sided defender in as not been convinced by what I have seen of Richardson so far and don’t want to see McCrorie moved to right back if Richardson gets injured or needs dropped. 

ETA would expect Harvey and Milne to go on loan before end of August.