Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Next manager

1 hour ago, Panda said:

Agnew apparently told the club he's open to staying should Robson land the job permanently. 

On Liam Fox, although he's not a manager, he is a highly rated coach. Actually a good appointment I'd say.

The news that disturbs me is that Craig Levein met with Alan Burrows this week and is set to join the Football Monitoring Board. 

Source for that last one?  

8 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Source for that last one?  

Well I do work at the same place Craig Levein does...

Edit at 12:03: But on this occasion I was attempting a rather shit April Fools 🫢

Edited by Panda
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Panda said:

The news that disturbs me is that Craig Levein met with Alan Burrows this week and is set to join the Football Monitoring Board. 

Don’t understand your point with this one Panda. Levein has been an international player and did a decent enough job in club management to get a crack at the national job. The Scotland job did not work out for him but in fairness Paul Daniels could not have got a trick out of the Scotland players at that time. His CV for being part of the “football monitoring board” is head and shoulders above anyone else currently on that board. He is much more qualified to make football decisions than Dave Cormack. Why is it disturbing you? 

Edited by wokinginashearerwonderland
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Don’t understand your point with this one Panda. Levein has been an international player and did a decent enough job in club management to get a crack at the national job. The Scotland job did not work out for him but in fairness Paul Daniels could not have got a trick out of the Scotland players at that time. His CV for being part of the “football monitoring board” is head and shoulders above anyone else currently on that board. He is much more qualified to make football decisions than Dave Cormack. Why is it disturbing you? 

Okay so I did catch one after all. 😂

(See my previous post, and thank you) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tom_widdows said:

Why?
so he could stick around for a half a season until a lower level English premiership or championship team with Murodoch's tv cash sacks their manager and he jumps ship?

Ocht tam, such a cynic.

Can you imagine the fitba, doing angeball better than Ange. No manager lasts forever but a treble treble would be nice before he went.

He did take a shite Liverpool from years of mediocrity to within a whiff of the title surrounded by bigger spending clubs at the time.

He's won silverware at Leicester who surely don't have the third biggest budget in England. By comparison our gig is a walk in the park.

That said. If we were paying him our budget wouldn't be much 😂

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been very vocal that I didn’t want goodwin and wanted an experienced manager to replace him. Robson was not my choice but there’s no guarantee of success with an experienced manager. 
everything I feel right now is that players want to play for robson. That’s massive. They work their bollocks off for him. It’s his leadership that has got us here, with a hun win today the statement win so far. I’m ok with Robson permanently. He seems to have that connection with players, plus with his two assistants we have experience. If it’s Robson, sign the two assistants too.

The problem is that how many of these players will be here next season? With mccrorie potentially away we may well lose him Macdonald pollock and scales, and I’d argue those 4 have been influential on this run. I’d take the supposed 2M for mccrorie and see if we can get scales Macdonald and even pollock signed up or extended. Plus lock in shinnie. Lock in 3rd too that’s guaranteed funds and let’s get some summer signings in. I’d also see is we can give duk and miovski new contracts with maybe 10m release clauses. they are getting interest so set the tone for what we want. Still think miovski would do well in England but duk is raw and would benefit from another year here.

not only has Robson got us winning, he’s very popular and they fans are right behind him. That’s momentum we can build on, and the feel good factor is here for sure. Not hiring Robson probably damages that feel good factor to be honest, and summer/autumn then brings uncertainty. Summer can further momentum with Robson building a squad. Every manager has its risk, Robson and his management team makes sense now.

Edited by OrlandoDon
  • Like 1

Agreed on Pollock, MacDonald and Shinnie - we need to find a way to keep them all here next season.  I doubt we will get Clarkson for another year. Scales played magnificently this weekend, but I still have reservations about another deal. Maybe see how he fairs in the remaining Top 6 fixtures. 

Duk and Miovski def need extensions. Miovski is a deadly striker and will do well in a league that isn't as physical as scotland. Benfica get 50% of whatever we sell him for, so yeah extend his contract and slap a price on him!

As for McRorie, yep Willie Miller is quite right to say we should be demanding more than £2M for him.  We don't need to sell him like we did when we sold Fergie and Ramsay. £2M is a bargain for a Rolls Royce of a player who is very comfortable in both defence or midfield

9 hours ago, Reekie_Red said:

Agreed on Pollock, MacDonald and Shinnie - we need to find a way to keep them all here next season.  I doubt we will get Clarkson for another year. Scales played magnificently this weekend, but I still have reservations about another deal. Maybe see how he fairs in the remaining Top 6 fixtures. 

Duk and Miovski def need extensions. Miovski is a deadly striker and will do well in a league that isn't as physical as scotland. Benfica get 50% of whatever we sell him for, so yeah extend his contract and slap a price on him!

As for McRorie, yep Willie Miller is quite right to say we should be demanding more than £2M for him.  We don't need to sell him like we did when we sold Fergie and Ramsay. £2M is a bargain for a Rolls Royce of a player who is very comfortable in both defence or midfield

Mccrorie a rolls Royce? But of a red tinted specs view there. I’m a big fan but I’d go for Volvo or Audi, better than an a to b Japanese car or the likes but not quite a beemer or merc. 
richardson, what did del boy drive??

• Like 1