Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next manager

So it seems the entire backroom staff are gone too? That must include Brown surely? What's the difference between him and Russell for example? We can't be taking in a new manager and insisting that Brown is his assistant. 

I thought the whole idea is that we took in a team of people who reported to the director of football? Thus Russell, apaloo etc all report to him, and their jobs aren't tied to the manager. Either that isn't the case, or the Gunn has decided that they're all pish. 

I don't suppose it matters, we all said that Glass was a bad idea. It's a shame for him, he shouldn't have had to cross the Atlantic for a job he wasn't ready for. The whole prawcess has been a fucking disaster. At least the new manager will have the director of football and recruitment team in place before he joins, which should have happened prior to Glass being anywhere near pittodrie. Cormack has a lot to answer for, he can't afford not to learn lessons quickly.

Absolutely fucking not to Jack Ross, Paul Hartley, Neil Lennon, Dick Campbell.

Also no to Steve Clarke who I think has just been blessed with the best group of players Scotland have had for some time. I don't think he's as good a manager as made out to be.

Jim Goodwin - about the only manager in Scotland I'd be willing to give a chance to. But would like to think a few more exciting names might be linked with it.

This time we have to go low risk and just make sure we get a steady pair of hands. With a half decent manager this group of players should be at least fourth in the league.

We’ve done the young manager thing. I want to see someone who’s been round the block a few times and knows what he is doing. Going foreign would be plain stupid. For me he also has to have managed in the Scottish top flight before otherwise you are giving yourself a handicap straight from the off.

It also has to be someone with no ties/affinity to the old firm because as we have seen from McInnes, McGhee, Calderwood etc the fans just do not accept these guys.

Also if I hear Cormack come out and say he consulted “Sir Alex” during the prawcess I will scream.

Edited by wokinginashearerwonderland

2 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

It also has to be someone with no ties/affinity to the old firm because as we have seen from McInnes, McGhee, Calderwood etc the fans just do not accept these guys

The Huns, yes, but Brown has been welcomed and McGhee would have been absolutely fine if he hadn't made those comments on day one.

29 minutes ago, scotfree said:

Stewart Petrie?

You can’t be signing Scottish internationals then taking in someone from league one to coach them.

Assuming Brown is staying on, it needs to be someone he has respect for as you would assume he carries a fair bit of weight amongst the dressing room.

Edited by wokinginashearerwonderland

36 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

This time we have to go low risk and just make sure we get a steady pair of hands. With a half decent manager this group of players should be at least fourth in the league.

We’ve done the young manager thing. I want to see someone who’s been round the block a few times and knows what he is doing. Going foreign would be plain stupid. For me he also has to have managed in the Scottish top flight before otherwise you are giving yourself a handicap straight from the off.

It also has to be someone with no ties/affinity to the old firm because as we have seen from McInnes, McGhee, Calderwood etc the fans just do not accept these guys.

Also if I hear Cormack come out and say he consulted “Sir Alex” during the prawcess I will scream.

This group of players are mostly shite and have flawed abilities.

Why would a foreign manager be stupid?

Ask Celtic if it's stupid?

Jesus let's stop looking for easy options who bring absolutely nothing new or unique to AFC.

It's so boring and insipid.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Jesus let's stop looking for easy options who bring absolutely nothing new or unique to AFC.

You’re comparing apples and pears HaarDon. Celtic have spent about £23M in the last six months. I’d have fancied my own chances of being a success with that budget. If a foreign manager comes in you may have language issues, he won’t know the league, the players, the culture basically.
Remember we are also shopping in Lidl, not Harrods. We’re not gonna be after Ancelotti, Simeone or Pochettino. Would you be happy with someone you have never heard of who just finished fourth in the league in Finland or Belarus? Foreign managers at provincial clubs in Scotland have usually ended in a complete disaster.

17 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Which Celtic? Current Celtic, or Ronnie roar Celtic. What specific quality does being foreign bring to the role?