Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dees vs dons

First evening game for a while, great as it means I might actually get to watch it. Round about the boys wake up time. Should be a good boozy crowd for it too, whole days drinking in Dundee , what could go wrong 😂

obviously we’re all pretty nervous about this one, right? A lot of teams have managed to get first wins against us this season and sounded like they were unlucky against the Huns but no idea about against the saints. Having only watched our highlights, gone from what’s been said here and a couple of podcasts, it’s been hard to tell whether we were or not 😂 so I’m going to go for a score draw here. Our defence is pish and we’re just not clinical enough when we’re in decent attacking situations. Feels like jan is a long way away and too many players not stepping up to the plate. Manager aside, the players are not giving their all. 

is hedges likely to feature this time? We’re going to rely far too heavily on him but need him to perform. Feels like he might have made the difference last week. As I said, think this’ll be a score draw, our defence is too shite and jittery to cope. Be interesting how McKenzie and Ramsay react to the public criticism from Glass.

Form wise, theirs is better than ours, however head 2 head, we’ve not dropped points against them since 2015.

out

bed

home

brew day

2-2 , Ramirez and Hayes 

Hate knee jerk reactions but starting to wonder how long Glass gets at this before someone steps in to tell him he is way out of his depth.

A few on here months back said this would be a transitional season and all that but we are far worse than at any time during the last regime. It is the second time in recent years that we have taken this nonsensical view that we should change the manager after a season where we qualified for Europe and for the second time it has backfired spectacularly.

If we get beaten by Dundee then it is time to cut our losses and put Glass out of his misery before we end up in a relegation dog fight.

7 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Hate knee jerk reactions but starting to wonder how long Glass gets at this before someone steps in to tell him he is way out of his depth.

A few on here months back said this would be a transitional season and all that but we are far worse than at any time during the last regime. It is the second time in recent years that we have taken this nonsensical view that we should change the manager after a season where we qualified for Europe and for the second time it has backfired spectacularly.

If we get beaten by Dundee then it is time to cut our losses and put Glass out of his misery before we end up in a relegation dog fight.

Not going to happen.

On 09/10/2021 at 12:16, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

A few on here months back said this would be a transitional season and all that but we are far worse than at any time during the last regime.

Thumped 5-0 and 4-0 by Rangers.

4-0 down to Celtic before half-time, and various other tankings.

Taken apart 3-0 by Motherwell at Hampden.

Taken apart 3-0 by Motherwell at Fir Park (twice).

Taken apart 3-0 by Motherwell at Pittodrie.

Embarrassed 4-1 by Ross County away.

Embarrassed 4-0 by Ross County at home.

Hosed 3-0 by Hamilton, who have beaten us a remarkable amount of times.

Walloped 5-1 at home to St Johnstone. 

Fola Esch won their first ever European game against Aberdeen.

Scored once in 10 games last season. Scored just 36 in 38 games.

It's a poor run we're on but the hyperbole is laughable.

On 09/10/2021 at 12:16, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

It is the second time in recent years that we have taken this nonsensical view that we should change the manager after a season where we qualified for Europe and for the second time it has backfired spectacularly.

I presume you mean Calderwood. Not sure I would class that as recent, but binning him and McInnes were not the wrong decisions.

Edited by Panda
  • Like 1

Sake :doh:   Dodged off work early having assumed this was a Friday night game. Only noticed when i went to double check the k/o time.

In or oot - now oot

Pre/post - Up North

Prediction - Like we say every weekend,must be due a change in luck.Dens is a happy hunting ground is it not,so...

Dee 2 - Dons 4 Hedges x3,Ramirez 1     COYRFTLOF

One thing is certain about today's game.

Given the fact that Griffiths should have been serving his ban by now and isn't, then he is going to score again us again. That said I just think we'll have too much for them and think we'll emerge victorious over the piece.

Out 

Golf

TV and supping beers

Watching some film

Dundee 1 Dons 3 (Ramirez, Hedges & Ferguson)

15 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Sake :doh:   Dodged off work early having assumed this was a Friday night game. Only noticed when i went to double check the k/o time.

In or oot - now oot

Pre/post - Up North

Prediction - Like we say every weekend,must be due a change in luck.Dens is a happy hunting ground is it not,so...

Dee 2 - Dons 4 Hedges x3,Ramirez 1     COYRFTLOF

Overtime this week for you young man!!!

Got to ensure we do not concede early in this as 6pm kick off combined with all day drinking could see things turn nasty really quickly if we go behind early. Not convinced this team will cope well under the pressure of a pissed up angry crowd. On the plus side Dundee are shite and rarely beat us so hopefully that continues. Hopefully Ramsey is fit after his withdrawal from Scotland U21 squad.

oot

Taking bairn to see her gran

TV if I can find stream

Pub

1-0 Ferguson

Well that was shit.

I've never really got the hype around fergie but he's awful today. Slows the game down every time he gets on the ball. Decision making is lousy.

Hedges and Ojo also bring very little. At least the jet creates the odd chance.

Glad looks to have shit the bed and moved away from his football philosophy to get the win and it shows in our awful forward play around the box.

Aye, it's been average to say the least. Gallagher been an improvement on McRorie and Bates, that's about it. Still looks like we're playing the 4-3-3, but it does look like we're allowing Ferguson to play a lot higher and he hasn't done particularly well despite a few shots. I think he struggles in that formation and, actually, alongside Brown who generally hogs that area that Ferguson prefers to play in.

1 minute ago, Jute said:

There is taking no shit and being a mindless thug Gallagher was the latter tonight in my opinion. 

I thought he stepped up and played the captain's role, looking after his team mates.

The tackle, he clearly won. Other than that he only told people to be quiet or deal with him.