Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Andy Murray

K-9

Hard dissect  that match to figure out what went wrong. There was definitely gamesmanship from Djokovic and I think that did affect Murray although I'd be very disappointed if that were the case. At one point it looked like Djokovic would have to retire.

But why Murray lost 12 out of the last 13 games or whatever is also unclear. To me he looked done physically. Although he denies that this is the case.

Disappointing outcome and a fucking all round disappointing weekend.

• 1 month later...

Atmosphere looks cracking for the Davis Cup. Did anyone go?

Great to see Murray getting right behind the match, showing great support during Ward's awesome victory.

Can't see GB losing the match.

Murray showed that he really does care. Yet he was still get slated by the English wanks on t'internetz. Yawn.

They're fully aware that "Great Britain" would be battling it out with the likes of Bahrain and Napal in the Davis Cup if it wasn't for Murray. Wardy's occasion good performances just wouldn't be enough.

• 2 months later...

Awesome performance tonight to hump Nadal. He's in cracking form at the moment!

Murray was indeed awesome. Looked like a seasoned clay courter! Nadal made errors but I don't think as many of them were unforced as the stats would tell you. Nadal knew that Murray was in the form of his life and had to go for lines a bit more.

Anyone know why Djok didn't play Madrid?  ???

On this form Murray could go a step further at the French and possibly make the final!

Withdrawn from the Italian Open citing fatigue. No great surprise. The bigger shock was when he decided to play in the tournament to start with. He now has a week and a half to rest and get ready for the French Open. Hope he gives it a real good bash this year. I think he's surprised himself with his form on clay this year. I don't think that even he thought he could compete with the top 10.

Withdrawn from the Italian Open citing fatigue. No great surprise. The bigger shock was when he decided to play in the tournament to start with. He now has a week and a half to rest and get ready for the French Open. Hope he gives it a real good bash this year. I think he's surprised himself with his form on clay this year. I don't think that even he thought he could compete with the top 10.

Agreed, sensible decision for him to take. Thought it was barmy for him to be playing so soon after the Madrid Masters.

• 3 weeks later...

Into the quarter finals at RG again after beating Chardy in 4 sets. Up against Ferrer next. Tough, tough nut to crack on Clay but Murray's in the clay form of his life so I'm expecting a close game.

To be fair, that's not very difficult ;)  He was atrocious on clay before this season!

I wrote off Murray's chances when he played Kei Nishikori in Madrid and then again when he played Nadal. I wrote off his chances against Ferrer yesterday. I'm writing off his chances against Djokovic too but I don't think I'll be wrong this time. Although obviously I'd be very happy to be wrong. Murray is the closest one to Djokovic on the tour but not close enough. He's on his own level at the moment.

It's a shame that Murray couldn't keep up the level he showed at the resumption of play on Saturday. He'd have won the whole tournament had he continued playing like that. I have to say I was happy to see Wawrinka win it. Not sure if it was partly down to Novak getting taken to 5 sets or if that's maybe unfair on the great form that Stan was showing.

• 1 year later...

So what we go again with Wimbledon under way.

Never saw any of Murray's first round match, but looking at the score would imagine he never had to get out of second gear.

Hoping that Lendl can inspire him to a second title.

• 2 weeks later...