Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Andy Murray

K-9

Shame I can't stand Federer then eh? (well I dinna suppose he'll worry ;D)

Just something about him and his "brand" I don't like. Maybe it's the fecking annoying "RF" logo (yes golfers with that like "TW". "AS" "JR" etc grind my puss too), or the fawning adulation of some people (press and public).

I appreciate he is a genuine "great", but I still can't warm to the smug-looking bugger.

I dislike him for the same reasons, however I have to admire and respect him for what he has achieved, even more so after coming back from having a break at the age of 35.  To perform at the level he has is nothing short of incredible. Hard to like him though as he is so smug about everything.

Really hope Andy makes it through today.

Over the 7 constituencies making up the NE of Scotland, 134413 people voted Tory, as compared to 181578 people who voted for other parties/candidates.

Christ. You got nothing better to do you nothing's?

The vast majority of seats in the NE went to conservatives. That was my point. That was a disgrace. And obviously I don't expect many of you to agree. You voted them in.

I find myself watching my first tennis match for years, possibly decades.

Picked up the Murray match 20 or so minutes ago. My wife has had to vacate the room.

I'm giving it large for Fognini, a gentleman I've never heard of before.

What I don't get is the fawning and love for Sir Andy. That's what the wife said. He's a fucking sir!!!

My argument is that you all love him because he's successful. Did we all forget the dog died?

As for that disgusting wife and mother of his, good grief.

Shit. The eyetie collapsed. Like they did in the war. Cretin.

Unlike probably 80% of his jumping on the wagon success supporters...I've supported Murray since day dot.

the guy is fucking brilliant.

He panders to the establishment now but he probably has to after the hate he got from the England football comments.

Never liked Federer Nadal or Djokovic.

He does unfortunately return the ball weakly into the middle of the court far too often giving his opponents easy opportunities to belt the ball to the corners which puts him under more pressure than required.

His achievements as a Scot are incredible nevermind as a 'Brit'.

His ability to get to so many quarters...semis and finals in amazing.

I'm sure he must have some sort of record there above Nadal and Djokovic.

He was always the 4th man or not even mentioned in some tournament build ups which was disgraceful.

Well now they have to mention him.

he deserves his Sir title when you look at other lesser sportsmen and semi famous people.

I'm glad he has loads of support now but where were the glory hunters years ago when he was losing in semis and finals a lot and called a bottler.

And can we stop calling U.K. a fucking country!!!!!

:smile:

Anyone using the fact he got a knighthood to justify anything hasn't really got his eyes open.

That's one of the stupidest comments ever posted.

What evidence have you got that I'm justifying anything with his knighthood? If it was up to me he'd have turned the fucking thing down. What a strange choice of words. He got the knighthood because he's achieved so much (I presume) where no other Brits (sorry but that's what we are until we vote otherwise) have.

Hopefully Mrs Rocket puts out soon because I can't be arsed with this clearly frustrated Rocket and his pedantry today.

What evidence have you got that I'm justifying anything with his knighthood? If it was up to me he'd have turned the fucking thing down. What a strange choice of words. He got the knighthood because he's achieved so much (I presume) where no other Brits (sorry but that's what we are until we vote otherwise) have.

Hopefully Mrs Rocket puts out soon because I can't be arsed with this clearly frustrated Rocket and his pedantry today.

:rofl:

I'm with you on the British Sporting GOAT argument. It's a no brainer for me.

Trust he now makes a sensible decision about his hip problems and puts them before his ranking & US Open if required.

Philosophically, nihilism would be the last bastion for nothingness.  Technically, it's more likely to be something like a bell jar.

It depends which meaning of nihilism we use but surely any nihilistic stance is a conscious decision, a philosophical choice whereas the pedant avoids engaging with anything substantive to merely pick at the form.

Having read Plath's The Bell Jar many moons ago, I found that very nihilistic and deeply tragic. As a physical container for a vacuum, that angle doesn't interest me.

A tweet yesterday from the only person I "follow" reminded me of pedants: -

"Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours burn any brighter".

It depends which meaning of nihilism we use but surely any nihilistic stance is a conscious decision, a philosophical choice whereas the pedant avoids engaging with anything substantive to merely pick at the form.

Having read Plath's The Bell Jar many moons ago, I found that very nihilistic and deeply tragic. As a physical container for a vacuum, that angle doesn't interest me.

A tweet yesterday from the only person I "follow" reminded me of pedants: -

"Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours burn any brighter".

Maybe you should follow that advice rather than try and poke fun at members whose relationships have broken down.

Maybe you should follow that advice rather than try and poke fun at members whose relationships have broken down.

Maybe you misinterpret stuff and should refrain from using pedantry to pick arguments for the sake of it, handing out holier-than-thou advice and engaging the most patent example of transference ever seen. Your hypocrisy and inconsistency is staggering so perhaps you might be better off sticking to each topic and making your own mind up about any given subject: -

I admit I'm nae a fan either

I love the guy for a few reasons.