Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Andy Murray

K-9

;D

Not that I've actually watched Wimbledon for years but I'm delighted that this tosser is out.

Had he sore bits?

Maybe his Mummy didn't kiss them better properly.

:rofl::laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You're not allowed to say that dd. They who get all precious about him didn't understand the dog died.

I think I maybe passed your shop yesterday. The excellent cafe at the top of Esslemont avenue was closed on Wednesdays so I was hunting for an alternative. Ended up further down at the newish Gelateria place. Nice panini.

Maybe you misinterpret stuff and should refrain from using pedantry to pick arguments for the sake of it, handing out holier-than-thou advice and engaging the most patent example of transference ever seen. Your hypocrisy and inconsistency is staggering so perhaps you might be better off sticking to each topic and making your own mind up about any given subject: -

Why are you purposely trying to make it seem like one day I said I loved the guy for many reasons but also said I wasn't a fan?

And LOL @ Rocket telling folk nae to pick fights for the sake of it. You've been a ball hair away from getting banned for years for that very thing.  ;D (It tends to be me that urges against bans as well)

One thing I don't understand is why folk who aren't Andy Murray fans would even bother looking at an Andy Murray thread.

Why are you purposely trying to make it seem like one day I said I loved the guy for many reasons but also said I wasn't a fan?

I'm not purposely trying to make it seem like anything. Don't shoot the messenger. Look at your own inconsistency. It's what you wrote. Some might interpret the second one - where you declared your love for him - as a premise to launch a personal attack.

The line about sexual frustration was as telling as it was pathetically juvenile.

Ask yourself. You did and you're nae a fan?

A self-proclaimed intellect and all you can do is purposefully twist words (clearly aimed at the Union Jack) in a tactic used by half wit spastics all around the globe to win arguments online.  :wave: Have a day off min.

A self-proclaimed intellect and all you can do is purposefully twist words (clearly aimed at the Union Jack) in a tactic used by half wit spastics all around the globe to win arguments online.  :wave: Have a day off min.

Self-proclaimed intellect? Who's twisting stuff? I've never ever said that.

There wouldn't have been an argument if you hadn't been such a dick.

;D

Not that I've actually watched Wimbledon for years but I'm delighted that this tosser is out.

Had he sore bits?

Maybe his Mummy didn't kiss them better properly.

Totally agree.

Murray is a real cunt.

Fuck hate successful Scots.

Theyre worse than normal Scots who seem to be cunts these days.

:rofl:

Self-proclaimed intellect? Who's twisting stuff? I've never ever said that.

There wouldn't have been an argument if you hadn't been such a dick.

Again the irony of you bleating about other folk being dicks is lost on you. What was your comment at SeeBass then if not the ultimate in dickishness? Yer nothing but a bully.

Again the irony of you bleating about other folk being dicks is lost on you. What was your comment at SeeBass then if not the ultimate in dickishness? Yer nothing but a bully.

You are determined to perpetuate this confrontation that you started. I tried to ignore you twice but you can't stop. For reasons only known to you.

You lied about self proclaimed intellect. I called you out but you ignored that and introduce a new angle of attack. Since I've never been a "bully", never been described as one and never will be... in the real world... you must be speaking about on here. I don't get it. It's only words on an AFC internet forum. It's not possible to "bully" another on here. We all have the right to reply, or leave it, as I tried to do but for your persistence but I'll not be giving you the satisfaction a third time. You need to man up and wise up. In retaliation to your unprovoked personal attack I called you a pedant. You called me a pedant (and made some insulting cringy correlation between pedantry and sexual frustration). I then pointed out you were being a dick. You called me a dick. If I call you a flaming galah would you then call me that?

The reality is that people and words get interpreted differently by different people. Self pity and woe is me turns the stomach just as blind love for a talented social inept does. Get over it. Murray isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Appreciate the re-cap there of our exchange. ???

You lied about "blind love". Where are you getting that from?

You lied about this supposed "woe is me" mentality. Where are you getting that from?

You're clearly not someone who watches tennis yet you feel adequately qualified to talk down to those who do because you and your wife have taken a personal dislike to a certain player. I have always understood how Andy could be disliked. He comes across as stubborn and hardheaded. I find the fuss being made over his "correction" of a journalist's "sexist" question embarrassing. But these traits also contribute to the formidable player that he is. 

Your dismissive and ignorant attitude towards bullying just because it's on the internet is disgraceful. Do you not think it can have an effect? Even a minor one? Just another thing that you're wrong about.

• 4 weeks later...

The line about sexual frustration was as telling as it was pathetically juvenile.

Aye because this isn't:

Mummy's boy I reckon. A virgin with fuck all else to do in his life than nit pick on tinternet.

The timing is so bizarre and more proof that Ann Fudge (packer) and Parry Hotter haven't got a clue what they're doing.

Aye, testicular cancer is a cunt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A lot of the press down here have been writing about whether it is the end of his career. Would be a massive shame.

I can't help thinking that if this is his career ending prematurely, then this is totally down to his desire to be the best and pushing his body beyond it's endurance capabilities.

During Tiger Woods first pro event, I predicted that his body would not be able to withstand the enormous tension he was putting on it, thrashing fuck at it out of the rough etc. and indeed his knees and back have required surgery in the years since.

Murray has to be applauded for what he achieved in the game but he will never get what he really wanted I feel, which was to be recognised in the same bracket as the best. He's the best from the UK, no doubt, by a considerable margin but all that sacrifice and cold baths and punishing schedules have caught up with him. Awesome discipline and mental toughness but not enough physical endurance. Done well for a wee laddie from Dunblane, driven hard by that monster mother of a woman.

Proabaly not far off the mark min.Never liked his mother.Always appeared he was as much a product of his mothers ambition as his own.What input he had in his career choice, I would be interested to know.

But,cant argue he's done as well as any Brit is likley to do again.....and he's still young enough to start another career of his own choice  :wave:

Proabaly not far off the mark min.Never liked his mother.Always appeared he was a product of his mothers ambition.What input he had in his career choice, I would be interested to know.

But,cant argue he's done as well as any Brit is likley to do again.....and he's still young enough to start a career he  wants to do  :wave:

Da ken like. He's infamously stubborn and won't do anything he doesn't want to do. I don't think you get that good at something without really wanting it yourself.

I think talk of retirement is premature. The media are having a field day and have sent the fans into a hysterical meltdown which is funny but OTT. I'm sure we'll see him back and I think we'll see him compete at the top again.