Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Andy Murray

K-9

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't see the game today, but score would suggest it was reasonably comfortable for Murray.

Any further injury worries ?

I never saw it but the Kazakh boy was hopeless. I heard Andy looked in pain but didn't manage to catch much of the match.

I never saw it but the Kazakh boy was hopeless. I heard Andy looked in pain but didn't manage to catch much of the match.

Hopefully a day or so rest will do him some good and at least wasn't out there for too long today :thumbsup:

Fucking hate seeing him in that pishy union jack , pander to the Britishness T-shirt.

Anyway...well played Andy.

I admit I'm nae a fan either but remembering that he publicly backed Scottish independence always makes me feel better.  :thumbsup:

Pretty straight forward win today despite the chat from Brown.  First set he had to do a lot of running but seemed in control.  Thoroughly enjoyed my day at Wimbledon, got into Court 12 and watched a decent five setter and caught a couple of games of womens doubles.  The first game didn't end how I or probably most of the crowd thought it would but entertaining nonetheless.  Had to get to the queue for about 6:30 this morning, but had plenty of food and weather was fine so can't complain  8)

Saw a Dandy today too, briefly.

I find myself watching my first tennis match for years, possibly decades.

Picked up the Murray match 20 or so minutes ago. My wife has had to vacate the room.

I'm giving it large for Fognini, a gentleman I've never heard of before.

What I don't get is the fawning and love for Sir Andy. That's what the wife said. He's a fucking sir!!!

My argument is that you all love him because he's successful. Did we all forget the dog died?

As for that disgusting wife and mother of his, good grief.

Shit. The eyetie collapsed. Like they did in the war. Cretin.

I like Murray. Nae a celebrity wank despite the media's best attempt to force him into that. Don't think I've ever seen a player that chases down balls like Murray either (although I'm nae a massive tennis watcher); his determination his unreal. Tennis does enjoy an audience of total wanks though, especially wimbledon with its English cock strawberries and cream. It was the sport that first stole the knobend commentator approach of English fitba with the total over-hype of Timmy Tim Henman and the "will he win it" over-coverage that makes everyone want him to lose and generally hate him (even though he comes across quite well in interview). They've managed to do the same to Murray, through years of gritted teeth; they simply can't help themselves with their partisan balls. They've rammed it up Johanna Konta in the womens too (they've started to call her Jo so that she sounds more English) since she made her international transfer from being Australian to being British in 2012 (fuck knows how that works). Anyway, Eurosport and randoms commentating makes for a vast improvement in the other tournaments.

Don't think Murray has the form to win the tournament like, looking like Nadal at the moment, but I'd pit a fiver on Djokovic masel.

I find myself watching my first tennis match for years, possibly decades.

Picked up the Murray match 20 or so minutes ago. My wife has had to vacate the room.

I'm giving it large for Fognini, a gentleman I've never heard of before.

What I don't get is the fawning and love for Sir Andy. That's what the wife said. He's a fucking sir!!!

My argument is that you all love him because he's successful. Did we all forget the dog died?

As for that disgusting wife and mother of his, good grief.

Shit. The eyetie collapsed. Like they did in the war. Cretin.

I love the guy for a few reasons. He embodies the attributes that we all wish more of our sportsmen had. How much better would our football team be if they had even half the heart of Andy? How good would they be if they had a fraction of the grit that Andy has? How good would they be if they had even a little bit of the dedication that Andy has? More often than not footballers aren't willing to go without a drink or a night oot. Andy has barely had one in his life. How good could we be if we weren't all a bunch of spineless gormless cunts? You and your wife are free to leave the room at any point and miss out on the best sportsman this country will ever produce (and I'm talking UK, not Scotland, hence the knighthood) just because you can't deal with him having a driven mother. Many of the players have their parents watching their matches. I can't understand why there's always a fuss made about Andy's. At one tournament a player even shouted up at his mother "Cheer loudly or leave!". Imagine the attention Andy would get if he did that?

Did Fognini collapse or did a better, fitter, tougher and harder player grind him down?

If you're nae a tennis fan the best advice I can give you is don't watch tennis. And if you are a tennis fan you're cutting of your nose to spite your face.

I like Murray. Nae a celebrity wank despite the media's best attempt to force him into that. Don't think I've ever seen a player that chases down balls like Murray either (although I'm nae a massive tennis watcher); his determination his unreal. Tennis does enjoy an audience of total wanks though, especially wimbledon with its English cock strawberries and cream. It was the sport that first stole the knobend commentator approach of English fitba with the total over-hype of Timmy Tim Henman and the "will he win it" over-coverage that makes everyone want him to lose and generally hate him (even though he comes across quite well in interview). They've managed to do the same to Murray, through years of gritted teeth; they simply can't help themselves with their partisan balls. They've rammed it up Johanna Konta in the womens too (they've started to call her Jo so that she sounds more English) since she made her international transfer from being Australian to being British in 2012 (fuck knows how that works). Anyway, Eurosport and randoms commentating makes for a vast improvement in the other tournaments.

Don't think Murray has the form to win the tournament like, looking like Nadal at the moment, but I'd pit a fiver on Djokovic masel.

I'd have said the same about Nadal until yesterday! My metaphorical money's on Federer. He's got an aura about him again and folk are scared of him. Andy's form isn't quite there and I doubt his fitness too.

And aye.. I can't get on board the Konta bandwagon. Nae a Brit. (not that I am either obvs). I did support Henman though back in the day.

Shame I can't stand Federer then eh? (well I dinna suppose he'll worry ;D)

Just something about him and his "brand" I don't like. Maybe it's the fecking annoying "RF" logo (yes golfers with that like "TW". "AS" "JR" etc grind my puss too), or the fawning adulation of some people (press and public).

I appreciate he is a genuine "great", but I still can't warm to the smug-looking bugger.

I love the guy for a few reasons. He embodies the attributes that we all wish more of our sportsmen had. How much better would our football team be if they had even half the heart of Andy? How good would they be if they had a fraction of the grit that Andy has? How good would they be if they had even a little bit of the dedication that Andy has? More often than not footballers aren't willing to go without a drink or a night oot. Andy has barely had one in his life. How good could we be if we weren't all a bunch of spineless gormless cunts? You and your wife are free to leave the room at any point and miss out on the best sportsman this country will ever produce (and I'm talking UK, not Scotland, hence the knighthood) just because you can't deal with him having a driven mother. Many of the players have their parents watching their matches. I can't understand why there's always a fuss made about Andy's. At one tournament a player even shouted up at his mother "Cheer loudly or leave!". Imagine the attention Andy would get if he did that?

Did Fognini collapse or did a better, fitter, tougher and harder player grind him down?

If you're nae a tennis fan the best advice I can give you is don't watch tennis. And if you are a tennis fan you're cutting of your nose to spite your face.

:clap:

This was where you made a major mistake.

Nobody's denying his work ethic. Nobody's denied his achievements.

Venus and Mars mate.

Nae my fault this country is full of no voting cunts. Let me know if you get a nibble at that "mistake" thing.

Did you not see the major mistake in the one line I quoted?

Or are you too blind to see?

Given the fact that most in the NE voted Tory, I have zero faith in anything anymore.

Apart from truth, invisible to most.

Hardly a fact when most (>50%) in the NE never voted at all.