Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Andy Murray

K-9

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Serb, 29, will retain his number one ranking - held for 122 weeks - if he reaches the final.

However, failure to do so would allow Murray to overtake him if the Scot can win the title, or if Murray reaches the final and Djokovic exits before the semis.

Ok, so crystal clear, the circumstances under which Murray can end the year as world number 1.

Question is my friends, will he do it ?

The Serb, 29, will retain his number one ranking - held for 122 weeks - if he reaches the final.

However, failure to do so would allow Murray to overtake him if the Scot can win the title, or if Murray reaches the final and Djokovic exits before the semis.

Ok, so crystal clear, the circumstances under which Murray can end the year as world number 1.

Question is my friends, will he do it ?

I'm going to say no he won't but not because Murray will exit this tournament early but because Djokovic is good enough to win when he wants and will win this tournament in my opinion. All this talk of losing his no. 1 ranking will have lit a fire under his arse.

Everyone loves Andy Murray. I'm reminded of the 95% principle.

The pushy mother grates but Chewin the Fat nailed it with the dog died.

Plus Dungblane. Just a fucking horrible hellhole of Scotland.

I hugely admire his dedication and his achievement. I just wouldn't want a pint with the cunt.

As for his brother Jamie, holy fuck.

Given the draw for London, it's going to be tough holding on to the number 1 spot.

Given the draw, which Djokovic would have hand picked if he could ( and could get even easier for Djokovic if as expected Raonic pulls out), I'd say its very nearly impossible for Murray to remain number 1 after London. Even if Murray reaches the final, after his recent heavy schedule and Djokovic's sporadic appearances, Djokovic is bound to be much fresher and likely to come through.

Id still back Murray to regain top spot early next season though.

Given the draw, which Djokovic would have hand picked if he could ( and could get even easier for Djokovic if as expected Raonic pulls out), I'd say its very nearly impossible for Murray to remain number 1 after London. Even if Murray reaches the final, after his recent heavy schedule and Djokovic's sporadic appearances, Djokovic is bound to be much fresher and likely to come through.

Id still back Murray to regain top spot early next season though.

That's provided Djokovic is fit and regains some form, he's looked really out of sorts for months now even if he is struggling with injuries. Murray has significantly less ranking points to defend too which will help, agree it's a really tough draw for him though.

Here's hoping he can hold on to top spot, phenomenal achievement getting to number one from a phenomenal athlete.

Must be a dead cert for Sports Personality of the Year this year too.

That's provided Djokovic is fit and regains some form, he's looked really out of sorts for months now even if he is struggling with injuries. Murray has significantly less ranking points to defend too which will help, agree it's a really tough draw for him though.

Here's hoping he can hold on to top spot, phenomenal achievement getting to number one from a phenomenal athlete.

Must be a dead cert for Sports Personality of the Year this year too.

You'd like to hope so!

• 2 weeks later...