Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer rebuild

On the other hand, that means we are now looking to sign a defender that our management team considers not to be as good as Clark Robertson. Failing that, whoever they find sleeping on a bench outside of Atlanta United's reserve team stadium.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Slim said:

On the other hand, that means we are now looking to sign a defender that our management team considers not to be as good as Clark Robertson. Failing that, whoever they find sleeping on a bench outside of Atlanta United's reserve team stadium.

Presumably not someone sleeping on a bench inside the stadium, we've already tried him.

4 minutes ago, Jute said:

Ramirez signs.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/06/28/us-international-striker-joins-the-dons/

Guys record over last few years is pretty poor. Really surprised he got a work permit. 

The article says: "subject to securing a visa". Maybe it's easier to get a visa as a footballer with a fixed contract? No idea. They're obviously either fairly confident it'll be fine, or they're using it as a bit of good news to sell season tickets.

Either way, should be an interesting one, welcome aboard CR9.

15 minutes ago, Jute said:

Ramirez signs.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/06/28/us-international-striker-joins-the-dons/

Guys record over last few years is pretty poor. Really surprised he got a work permit. 

You know what they say about statistics....

Was watching a couple of YouTube videos of him, appears to be good in the air - a lot of goals from headers. Also bit of pace about him, although some of the defending against him was woeful.

He even has his own chant which is quite catchy. Basically the "Vamos mi Sevilla" chant, but changed to:-

Vamos Christian

Vamos Christian

Vamos Christian

Vamos Christian Ramirez 

Cant find a video of the actual chant or where I even heard it (may have actually been an Aberdeen fan suggesting it when he was first linked weeks ago) but here's the Sevilla version.

47 minutes ago, Chris Frae Killie said:

I am delighted with this signing. He ticks all the boxes for me. You don't get called up to play for the US if you are pish and he was called up less than 2 years ago. I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

I am totally the opposite and really unenthused by the last few people in the door.  Jenks, Gurr, Ramirez just look like a continuation of the crap we signed on loan in January.  Was really pleased to get Brown and Gallagher but these other guys??  Looking at his stats on Wikipedia, looks like Ramirez has done very little since 2017.  14 goals in the last four seasons - Darren Mackie would be disappointed with that ?

59 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

I am totally the opposite and really unenthused by the last few people in the door.  Jenks, Gurr, Ramirez just look like a continuation of the crap we signed on loan in January.  Was really pleased to get Brown and Gallagher but these other guys??  Looking at his stats on Wikipedia, looks like Ramirez has done very little since 2017.  14 goals in the last four seasons - Darren Mackie would be disappointed with that ?

Ach lets see what he does at least.Its been a mixed bag of signings right enough.In Glass's own words,man management is his strong point,he may think he can get something out of each of them.

Cant imagine Cormack settling for mediocrity if thats how some of them pan out.Still hoping for a tasty signing or 2 yet though

Edit - Just earned a "posting machine badge". Am a bit overwhelmed to be honest.....

Edited by Elgindon

With a centre back, centre mid and centre forward now signed, that’s the spine of the team in place so I don’t expect too many more signings.

maybe another centre back and a wide player and that’ll be that, especially given there are a lot of noises about youth being given a chance this season.

1 hour ago, wee toon red said:

With a centre back, centre mid and centre forward now signed, that’s the spine of the team in place so I don’t expect too many more signings.

maybe another centre back and a wide player and that’ll be that, especially given there are a lot of noises about youth being given a chance this season.

Need a winger, a centre half & a 3rd striker too, surely? 

9 hours ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Need a winger, a centre half & a 3rd striker too, surely? 

At a guess McGinn will be viewed as a striker this year if we're playing a 4-3-3, so that's Ramirez, Jet, McGinn and Ruth.

We unquestionably need a centre back and a winger and I'd also argue a left back but I suppose Consi and Hayes can cover there. I'd be surprised to see much activity beyond that unless a couple of players are sold, with Ferguson being the prime candidate for that and likely needing replaced if/when he goes.

Lewis, Woods

Ramsay, Gurr

McRorie, Devlin, Gallagher, Considine, ONE TO COME IN

MacKenzie, Hayes

Brown, Ferguson, Jenks, Campbell, McGeouch, Ojo 

Kennedy, Hedges, McLennan, ONE TO COME IN

Ramirez, JET, McGinn, Ruth

That's a 25 man squad, with other youngsters like Ngwenya, Duncan and Virtanen on the fringes.