Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer rebuild

35 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I don't think he needs to be the focal point of our marketing campaign. It's disrespectful to those that have been here longer. Big Andy should have been the lead photo. 

It's utterly classless that he hasn't apologised for the handling of the Logan situation, both from him and the club. 

If there was any link between talking a good game and actually producing then I'd be happy with Brown's comments, but I don't think people should put as much onus on them as they do.

Ar the moment he'd easily be looked upon as arguably the best player we have.

He's undoubtedly the most experienced by a country mile so I can see why myself and others are partly excited by him joining us.

I think Glass and Cormack are way more in the public eye and far more important what THEY are promising/hoping for.

BTW, I think Shay needs to stop the jibes now zzz.

14 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Ar the moment he'd easily be looked upon as arguably the best player we have.

He's undoubtedly the most experienced by a country mile so I can see why myself and others are partly excited by him joining us.

I think Glass and Cormack are way more in the public eye and far more important what THEY are promising/hoping for.

BTW, I think Shay needs to stop the jibes now zzz.

Yep, he's got a plumbing business to run, he should put that first and recognise that social media isn't a place for trying to make jokes even if they're well intentioned. He'd be better off making an actual point if he's annoyed in any way, which he doesn't seem to be.

I disagree about Brown, he wasn't even close to the best player on the park in our recent game and nearly all our midfield out performed him. I'm not expecting a lot from him and will be happy if he still has what it takes and hope that he adds something behind the scenes in his assistant role. I'd be extremely cautious about hyping him up if I were AFC, and if he's our marquee signing it's nae really that inspiring.

On 08/06/2021 at 02:22, scotfree said:

Keep that up and you can fuck off back to The Hat. We just got rid of one fuckknuckle and we don't need another one. It's up to you.

Do you enjoy making threats to posters?

That's usually what gets people into moderation in the first place. Meanwhile you ignore RST making ridiculously insulting posts.

PS - I'm allowed to be against women in men's football. It isn't illegal (yet).

56 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Take a wee look in every now and again to see what they're saying.

Some of the old good guys still around but hell of a lot what arguments between certain individuals

Don't think you're missing much mate.

It's a disaster area. Mostly Glasgow based supporters. Glasgow based moderation.

Apart from supporting the same team, I have nothing in common with people from the Glasgow area.

I was logging in as a number of different usernames over the Christmas period after several people kindly gave me their login details.

The crazy zealot running the show traced the IP, and banned everyone else involved. 

It's just AberdeenMad all over again. Give one man too much power and it goes right to his head.

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

I was logging in as a number of different usernames over the Christmas period after several people kindly gave me their login details.

The crazy zealot running the show traced the IP, and banned everyone else involved. 

It's just AberdeenMad all over again. Give one man too much power and it goes right to his head.

The forum you were unceremoniously booted out of you mean? Or was that AFC Chat? 
Wee fat, bald man syndrome? 

And why are you sending me messages privately? 
Creepy wee man ?

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

Do you enjoy making threats to posters?

That's usually what gets people into moderation in the first place. Meanwhile you ignore RST making ridiculously insulting posts.

PS - I'm allowed to be against women in men's football. It isn't illegal (yet).

Some call it insulting… I call it factually correct.

45 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Teddy Jenks anyone ?

Brighton attacking midfielder on season long loan allegedly according to chat on P&B.

Seems to be reasonably well thought of by his club and is an England U19 internationalist

Could be the next Edmondson. 

To be honest, the success rate of 19 year old loanees is going to be pretty low, for much the same reasons as our own 19 year olds struggle with both physicality and consistency. Even maddison struggled to hold down a place here as his workrate hadn't developed to the required standard and he was kicked regularly.

On 11/06/2021 at 10:48, BigAl said:

Teddy Jenks anyone ?

Brighton attacking midfielder on season long loan allegedly according to chat on P&B.

Seems to be reasonably well thought of by his club and is an England U19 internationalist

Must be pretty much a done deal

Scott Burns reporting it as such this morning.

Had Championship club offers down south but chose Aberdeen.

No buy out clause.

Hibs have a tie up with Brighton so got to wonder why they haven’t taken this guy if he is so highly rated.

If there is no option to buy then I would much rather we give game time to one of the young midfielders we have at the club to develop them rather than developing a player for someone else.

12 minutes ago, Jute said:

Hibs have a tie up with Brighton so got to wonder why they haven’t taken this guy if he is so highly rated.

If there is no option to buy then I would much rather we give game time to one of the young midfielders we have at the club to develop them rather than developing a player for someone else.

Allan Russell connection ?

P.S Fuck Hibs

Aye, that link should help us for a couple of seasons you'd think. Assuming he can spot a player that is.

Hopefully be a decent signing, and if he is decent he isn't just whisked away in January like that shitey Welsh goalie. I'm not convinced that putting our eggs in the 19 year old basket is the way to go, so hopefully we'll see more action to take over when consistency becomes an issue.