Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer rebuild

23 minutes ago, Jute said:

Looks like there is more to Ramirez rumour than first thought. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/christian-ramirez-tracked-aberdeen-stephen-24201341.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Not sure how he would qualify for a work permit or how we are affording his wages which according to list published by MLS sit at USD 775,000 basic. 

That's about 12k ish a week so aye, where the fuck are we getting that from.

Bring on the yank superstars IMO.

At least they won't be supporting the huns in their spare time like half of last season's team and the manager.

I'd take a whole team of this type of signing. Might actually try and win the league then rather than being beaten before a ball is kicked.

19 hours ago, tup1 said:

Marvin Johnson just released by Middlesbrough. He was a good player for Motherwell, still only 30. 

And scored one of the goals that kept the Huns down and Motherwell up back in 2015. No wonder you like him. ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scotfree said:

And scored one of the goals that kept the Huns down and Motherwell up back in 2015. No wonder you like him. ?

Aye that was glorious, one of the best days in the history of our game in fact.

Moshni losing the plot at the end, brilliant. Hun meltdowns are usually epic.

13 hours ago, Jute said:

Gurr been freed by Atlanta which suggests story yesterday was rubbish as it said we were taking him on loan.

https://www.atlutd.com/post/2021/05/28/atlanta-united-waives-jack-gurr

I’m not sure that waiving a player is exactly the same as freeing them? Clubs have 48 hours to claim a waived player, then he becomes available to any MLS club but I don’t know if that’s the same as being available free to any club in the world. Either way, they clearly don’t want him so maybe if he isn’t picked up on a waiver they’re allowed to loan him out or something?

35 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

I’m not sure that waiving a player is exactly the same as freeing them? Clubs have 48 hours to claim a waived player, then he becomes available to any MLS club but I don’t know if that’s the same as being available free to any club in the world. Either way, they clearly don’t want him so maybe if he isn’t picked up on a waiver they’re allowed to loan him out or something?

Think you are no longer that clubs player but they are still on for the salary as far as salary cap rules apply although player still still contracted to the league who continue to pay him for duration of his contract. While on waivers there is an order MLS clubs can take you in but if a club takes you then they go to bottom of pile for next player that comes up on waivers. After set period (2 days I think) then any MLS team can take the player without endangering their waiver position. Think this is also when non MLS teams can approach him although think you may still have to negotiate with the league but not sure but from my understanding it would be as a permanent signing and not a loan. 

Would we really want a player that no team in the MLS wants. 

47 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

McGinn gets another year. Makes sense to me. The notion that our recruitment is going to be good enough to get 5 or 6 players better than McGinn is silly. A very good squad player to have.

I was thinking about mcginn last week.   I wonder if glass is thinking of using him more as a cf than a winger.  He's not as fast as he was but he still knows where the net is.  

2 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

I was thinking about mcginn last week.   I wonder if glass is thinking of using him more as a cf than a winger.  He's not as fast as he was but he still knows where the net is.  

Glass played him just off a centre forward, never out wide.

Those days are gone. 

Used sparingly, it makes sense.

I hope we are looking to bring in a first pick “no10” though, I know Jamie McGrath has been linked. 

1 hour ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Glass played him just off a centre forward, never out wide.

Those days are gone. 

Used sparingly, it makes sense.

I hope we are looking to bring in a first pick “no10” though, I know Jamie McGrath has been linked. 

Not had one since Christie and Maclean left.  A big part of dm's demise I would say. 

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

Not had one since Christie and Maclean left.  A big part of dm's demise I would say. 

Wright was shaping up to be just that and the fact that McInnes couldn't see it (or wanted to be absolutely certain) and didn't hand him a three year deal pre season was a huge part of his demise in my opinion.

8 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Wright was shaping up to be just that and the fact that McInnes couldn't see it (or wanted to be absolutely certain) and didn't hand him a three year deal pre season was a huge part of his demise in my opinion.

Yeah though I think Wright or not he would still be gone by now. 

I know it’s internationals at the mo but it’s gone awfully quiet on this front. Especially given the amount of noise there’s been recently 

im ok with mcginn signing on for a year. Legs aren’t there anymore but I’m sure there’ll be times he will still have a role to play. 

A female on the board now, what a nightmare for the club.

Look forward to things going rapidly downhill with her input. Women really don't have the first clue about football and that includes the token muppets we now get bombarded with on Match of the Day. They even have a female presenter ffs.

If females get any more of a foothold in the man's game, I'm out. There is nothing they don't ruin.

2 minutes ago, tup1 said:

A female on the board now, what a nightmare for the club.

Look forward to things going rapidly downhill with her input. Women really don't have the first clue about football and that includes the token muppets we now get bombarded with on Match of the Day. They even have a female presenter ffs.

If females get any more of a foothold in the man's game, I'm out. There is nothing they don't ruin.

image.gif.3ad6a8e8ee49343c4b5c5f882e3f279f.gif

• Like 1