Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer rebuild

May as well have it’s own thread with the impending exodus / signings nearly upon us.

I see we’ve also been linked with mcnulty the Arab. Wouldn’t be the first time we’ve been linked with a player who player well against us, he the answer to our goal scoring issues though?

2 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Once we get the required 15,000 season ticket holders as a result of that beautiful promotional video, we will be after Kane.

Paul not Harry.

That'll be Chris Kane of St Johnstone on the radar of the scout who's job it is to trawl the message boards for ideas

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

I would take emanuel Thomas off livi if we are signing players who played well against us.  He's a handful, no question and he's ooc too.  We could get him for nothing and he's likely to be easy to deal with. 

Bang on with that.  Been impressed with this guy, he has caused every club trouble. Big powerful guy, definitely worth a look & reckon would be a excellent signing. 

5 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Don said:

As for out the door, where do you begin...well imo McGinn, Hoban, Taylor, Kennedy for starters. 

McGeough.  After all the attempts at getting him in the first place, what a complete waste of a money.  

Aren't Hoban, McGinn and Taylor out of contract anyway?

Just hope we do not attempt to make a permanent move for Kamberi.  He's a waste of a shirt and I would rather make an effort to get Hendry in full time.  At least he is a trier.

Outs?

Everyone who’s out of contract or on loan. 
That’s 12 gone.

Under contract outs?

Negotiate Ojo & McGeouch off books

So that’s 14 away now

Ins?

At least two centre halves

At full back it depends on how Ramsay & MacKenzie develop but I’ll say two full backs

Two wingers

One number 10

Three strikers

so that’s 10 in 

Ten in a single window would be a relative disaster. Pragmatism would be to keep a few. There's no way we're signing ten players better than McGinn, so I'd say another year would be a no brainer. Anderson as backup too perhaps. We don't have the capacity or scouting ability at the club to get eight further good signings so I'm guessing we'll concentrate on 3-4 players who are known quantities, good quality, low risk signings. The guys being mentioned probably fit that bill, alongside Brown if he's fit enough. If we can get four permanent in and perhaps pad out with some good loanees later in the window. Make a few more in January. Worth saving some budget for then to give us a good idea of what's needed.

13 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Ten in a single window would be a relative disaster. Pragmatism would be to keep a few. There's no way we're signing ten players better than McGinn, so I'd say another year would be a no brainer. Anderson as backup too perhaps. We don't have the capacity or scouting ability at the club to get eight further good signings so I'm guessing we'll concentrate on 3-4 players who are known quantities, good quality, low risk signings. The guys being mentioned probably fit that bill, alongside Brown if he's fit enough. If we can get four permanent in and perhaps pad out with some good loanees later in the window. Make a few more in January. Worth saving some budget for then to give us a good idea of what's needed.

Agreed

If anyone remembers the 5-3 game at Tannadice I think the arabs had signed 4 - 6 new players just before it and put them all into the team. 
They finally got their act together late in the second half once they'd made subs (plus the dons defence being its usual charitable self) but in the first it was a turkey shoot. I not sure if any of those arabs signings even made it to the end of the season

I think it's going to be a season of transition whether we like it or not, most likely with a struggle to finish top 4.

If we are going to lose 10 first team players, I would rather we focused on our top 3/4 targets and filled the rest of the gaps with blooding younger players and loan signings.

If we're going to have patchy results anyway, I wouldn't be against having Ramsay and Mackenzie as our first choice full backs for a season. We can always put McCrorie and Considine in if they're really not up to it. It's a great opportunity to be able to give some of the younger players a prolonged place in the starting 11 without the fear of being immediately dropped upon having a bad game.

Saw very little of the game today but I’d take the livi forward in a heartbeat. Speed skill strength, and a nice goal. Any info on him? Going back south? Also, another goal from Hendry. By no means a star but a young boy who works hard. Worth a look??

17 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Saw very little of the game today but I’d take the livi forward in a heartbeat. Speed skill strength, and a nice goal. Any info on him? Going back south? Also, another goal from Hendry. By no means a star but a young boy who works hard. Worth a look??

I'd give it a month before you'd be complaining about us going long to the big guy! Hendry has done well, but if you compared him with likes of Watkins, he's not as good and I think that's probably the benchmark for a striker for us.

Edit: Anderson with an assist and BBC motm too, so would definitely deserve his chance.

Edited by RicoS321

18 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I'd give it a month before you'd be complaining about us going long to the big guy! Hendry has done well, but if you compared him with likes of Watkins, he's not as good and I think that's probably the benchmark for a striker for us.

Edit: Anderson with an assist and BBC motm too, so would definitely deserve his chance.

I hear you, and I think mcinnes liked to play long to a target man. Don’t see Glass as that type though, seems determined to play shorter and on the deck more. Plus, having seen Livi, the big lad is solid on the ground.

Anderson is a tough one. A Rooney type poacher is the way I see him, but would we have the skill and creativity around him? Time will tell.

6 hours ago, LA-Don said:

I hear you, and I think mcinnes liked to play long to a target man. Don’t see Glass as that type though, seems determined to play shorter and on the deck more. Plus, having seen Livi, the big lad is solid on the ground.

Anderson is a tough one. A Rooney type poacher is the way I see him, but would we have the skill and creativity around him? Time will tell.

Hedges ?

10 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Agreed

If anyone remembers the 5-3 game at Tannadice I think the arabs had signed 4 - 6 new players just before it and put them all into the team. 
They finally got their act together late in the second half once they'd made subs (plus the dons defence being its usual charitable self) but in the first it was a turkey shoot. I not sure if any of those arabs signings even made it to the end of the season

Jess free kick game?  I was at that though I don't remember too much about it. 

21 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Defo want us to sign emanuel Thomas, his goal today was van Basten esque.  On his weaker foot.  

Great cross and finish.

Signing unlikely as rumoured he has a gig lined up in China 

Allegedly we are in the final stages of finalising a deal for Regan Hendry of Raith Rovers. Can't claim to know too much about him but rumoured to have been best central midfielder in the division this season.

Started out his career at Celtic, still only 22/23. If true someone from our midfield is surely out the door ?