Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer rebuild

What is the basis for Ethan Ross being worth anywhere near £200,000 compensation?  Not complaining like, just wondering ?.  He's barely started a game for us.  It can't have cost that much to develop each player in our youth team.  Considering what we paid for Ferguson from Hamilton, who was recognised as being a really good prospect, it doesn't make much sense.  Ross is nearly 20 and hasn't got anywhere near the first team really.

5 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

What is the basis for Ethan Ross being worth anywhere near £200,000 compensation?  Not complaining like, just wondering ?.  He's barely started a game for us.  It can't have cost that much to develop each player in our youth team.  Considering what we paid for Ferguson from Hamilton, who was recognised as being a really good prospect, it doesn't make much sense.  Ross is nearly 20 and hasn't got anywhere near the first team really.

It’s a set formula based on players length of time at the club, international caps and first team games from memory. Did have a link to explanation of how it’s calculated but cannot find it at the moment. Suspect £200k is about right given Ethan’s age and length of time at the club. 

17 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Gurr joins on a one year deal (no loan). Welcome aboard etc.

Pretty safe to assume he’ll be shite.

He’s 25 & played less than 20 games at a level that’s at Scottish Championship  level.

What would we be saying if we’d signed Ayr’s 25 year old full back who’d only played 18 games? 

This just re-affirms my doubts about Glass (& Cormack for that matter!)

Where are the “exciting signings” we’ve been promised? 

We won’t qualify for Europe is my prediction. 

It's hard to see how he could be good. Ordinarily you could argue he might be some hidden gem that Glass knows about from his previous job, but his previous team thought he was shite as well and cut him out their squad in favour of a right back who couldn't get in our team last season.

There are a long list of decisions now that make very little sense from a footballing perspective and all involve Atlanta in some capacity, including the decision to hire Glass in the first place. I've yet to really see a benefit to it unless there's money getting funnelled into the club behind the scenes. I have a feeling it's all going to blow up at some point and we'll get our own expose in the Athletic about how Arthur Blank has been using the changing rooms to hide stolen Rembrandt paintings or something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KGB said:

I’m seriously starting to lose patience with this ridiculous circus we’ve become a part of. 

What circus? The only negative noise I hear is from our own fans not giving glass and the new signings the benefit of the doubt. It’s our own doing.

8 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

What circus? The only negative noise I hear is from our own fans not giving glass and the new signings the benefit of the doubt. It’s our own doing.

Completely agree. I am actually looking forward to this Season. I was extremely against Glass getting the job, but he's here, he's saying all the right things and I have definitely seen a difference in how we approach games and actually played in those games, the more time he's had to work with them, Russell too, Apaloo and Brown coming in, then it can only get better. Hopefully with another 2 additions ( Ramirez & another Striker ) then we'll at the very least, improve on what McInnes did, in what will be a far more difficult League. 

I'm expecting big things for us, seriously, and to think only 3 months ago I was apoplectic with the fact Glass got the job. 

Agree with the last 2 posts.Some of the comments,mostly elsewhere, have been cringeworthily premature.Ok,a couple of the signings havent set the heather on fire,but Glass sees something in them,or something that he can work with.Lets at least wait and see if he can justify their signings after a reasonable amount of games.

Definitley looking more to the new season than i would have been,if only out of curiosity.