Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given Mikey Devlin is on an expiring contract and he’s not fit I’d assume that’s a pre contract if anything. Although isn’t  he a left footed/left sided central defender the same as McKenna?

Maybe they are going to let McKenna go? Maybe they have received a larger bid from someone?

I thought he was left sided too but checked out transfermarkt and says he is right footed. Guessing that Arnie won't be getting an extension. I said earlier we could use some cash from the potential McLean sale to get him in now but didn't realise he is out of contract in summer. In view of his injury rehab, prob best just to get him in on a precontract and let Hamilton continue paying for his recovery....

I think devlin is worth a risk on a pre contract. Was a solid player pre injury and would hope to see him replace Reynolds in the squad, or Arnie given his age. Don’t think we need another forward, esp since McGinn can play up top too, keen to get another center mid in. Surely Storie was punted to free up wages and space in the squad for an addition now, as much as he didn’t play no reason to release him too given our lack of depth in the position if he’s not being replaced.

I think devlin is worth a risk on a pre contract. Was a solid player pre injury and would hope to see him replace Reynolds in the squad, or Arnie given his age. Don’t think we need another forward, esp since McGinn can play up top too, keen to get another center mid in. Surely Storie was punted to free up wages and space in the squad for an addition now, as much as he didn’t play no reason to release him too given our lack of depth in the position if he’s not being replaced.

You could argue that releasing Storie doesn't free up any cash as he'll have gotten a pay off and he won't have been on a massive amount. Maybe just clearing deadwood.

Frank Ross away to Morton on loan

He also signed a contract extension, so hopefully his development at morton helps prepare him for a better run in the first team next season.

Got to be some midfielders incoming though...surely.

He also signed a contract extension, so hopefully his development at morton helps prepare him for a better run in the first team next season.

Got to be some midfielders incoming though...surely.

A one year deal  ???

Part of which he is going to be out on loan. Find this strange to be honest.

However good luck to the lad. Hope he gets some decent game time. Duffy is a good manager and probably going to a good place.

A one year deal  ???

Part of which he is going to be out on loan. Find this strange to be honest.

However good luck to the lad. Hope he gets some decent game time. Duffy is a good manager and probably going to a good place.

Surely it's an extension he's signed? So when he gets back in the summer he'll still have a full year to go. Sounds ok to me.  :thumbsup:

Nigel Adkins has said that Hull haven't ended their interest in Scott McKenna yet.

Better come up with a lot more than £300k mate!

Nigel Adkins may want to give that prize cunt Warnock a shout and ask him if provincial scotch clubs like us are gagging for a cheap deal to be done.  :wave:

Get it done quickly then dons and make our move for a replacement ASAP. If it's SPL then get things moving before Saturday. We're totally light in that area now (if McLean goes). Our central midfield is made up of only one recognised central midfielder (being a bit harsh on Shinnie!), the Nigerian, and we've never actually seen him play. He'd better be fucking good!

Get it done quickly then dons and make our move for a replacement ASAP. If it's SPL then get things moving before Saturday. We're totally light in that area now (if McLean goes). Our central midfield is made up of only one recognised central midfielder (being a bit harsh on Shinnie!), the Nigerian, and we've never actually seen him play. He'd better be fucking good!

Has he been officially unveiled yet? Or have I missed it???

Play Nwakali anyway.

SPFL referees will never notice.

I think it's more the immigration folks that would be the issue. Is he even allowed in the country? I'm assuming he'll be on some sort of weird temporary visa. I actually thought that you couldn't sign a non-EU player without them having so many national appearances for some reason. Perhaps that used to be a thing.

I think it's more the immigration folks that would be the issue. Is he even allowed in the country? I'm assuming he'll be on some sort of weird temporary visa. I actually thought that you couldn't sign a non-EU player without them having so many national appearances for some reason. Perhaps that used to be a thing.

I'm sure if he was being loaned by the sevco he'd have had his permit by now. Like that refugee lad we had who we couldn't get the permit for because his mum had stayed in France first and so had to release, only for him to turn up at the deid club a few weeks later followed by the granting of a permit. #corrupt

I'm sure if he was being loaned by the sevco he'd have had his permit by now. Like that refugee lad we had who we couldn't get the permit for because his mum had stayed in France first and so had to release, only for him to turn up at the deid club a few weeks later followed by the granting of a permit. #corrupt

Have to say, and without trying to sound like those paranoid ones, I tend to agree with your thoughts on this. Wouldn’t be an issue for certain other clubs.

When do we play them next?  ::)