Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

Not sure if posted on here already, but I heard today that Christie has been offered an extension from Celtic, but has turned it down unless he gets assurances of first team football. The source is someone close to him and no idea if true, but if so it may mean we could have a chance to sign him. Also, I was told he loves it here.

Quite possibly all shite I was told, but I do hope we at least try and get him signed up.

We tried to get Christie on permanent deal last summer and player was not interested. Cannot see that having changed. Would expect him to try his luck in England if he does not extend with the unwashed.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, figured it was best here and not the match thread but is Mulumbu at Killie worth a look? Turned 31 a couple of days ago and is out of contract in the summer. Played for Clark at West Brom but surely we can offer a better wage and more chance of Europe and finals. Thought he looked very good, no nonsense and smart with the ball. Killie have certainly improved with him in the middle of the park.

Well, figured it was best here and not the match thread but is Mulumbu at Killie worth a look? Turned 31 a couple of days ago and is out of contract in the summer. Played for Clark at West Brom but surely we can offer a better wage and more chance of Europe and finals. Thought he looked very good, no nonsense and smart with the ball. Killie have certainly improved with him in the middle of the park.

Difficult to tell really. Shinnie was so far off the pace yesterday it was unreal. He looked decent, but the type that might ship a couple of goals if he was put under any pressure.

God no to Mulumbu. He would provide short term gain but very short term if at all. There's a reason he's at Kilmarnock.

Much as he had an influential game yesterday, he lost control of the ball through clumsy feet a couple of times and managed to regain it through pure luck more than anything else. A carthorse waiting to happen.

Too lightweight for me and I'd be surprised if he ever had as bad a game as he just had at Ibrox.

I never knew Christie wasn't fully fit on Wednesday. He picked up a knock last weekend and it was touch and go whether he would start at Ibrox. From the horse's mouth, McInnes in his pre-match interview yesterday so I'm told.

Given that McInnes has recruited like a horse's ass last summer, he was shoe-horning a less-than-capable footballer (through injury) into the starting XI and boy did that backfire, thus his absence yesterday.

I would like Christie full time, but I can't see it. I reckon the plastics will give him a new contract shortly to loan him out again, as they can, or they'll move him off down south.

He's on 8k a week allegedly, and despite wanting to sign for us in the summer wouldn't take a pay cut. I'd imagine unless we give him an initial lump sum ontop of his weekly fee it won't be happening.

He's probably better than Hayes at the same age, but age and potential are against us signing him. There has been rumblings of a him signing, or talks but who knows.

We could do with strengthening a few positions prior to his. Some that have been overlooked for years.

Was just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a temp replacement keeper given Lewis appears to be out for a while?

Hopefully you mean as a bench warmer. To take a loanee in to replace Rodgers would be a fair kick in the steens for him.

Loan goalkeeper will be Freddie Woodman from Newcastle according to The Sun. Was at Killie last season.

They also say Scott Wright is going on loan to St Johnstone.

Good move for Wright if you ask me if it happens, especially now that we have McGinn back. He needs to play regularly and find consistency and we can’t give him multiple starts hoping he’ll find that. Straight replacement for ohalloran - obviously hope he does well but reminds me of pawlett. Bags of talent but can he step up to the next level??

Good move for Wright if you ask me if it happens, especially now that we have McGinn back. He needs to play regularly and find consistency and we can’t give him multiple starts hoping he’ll find that. Straight replacement for ohalloran - obviously hope he does well but reminds me of pawlett. Bags of talent but can he step up to the next level??

That’s probably a very fair comparison. Although I think Pawlett was slightly better at this stage. Maybe I’m wrong and remembering him too fondly. Still, going out on loan to another premiership team can do the guy no harm. Hopefully he’ll get the chance to develop like we hope he will.

I wonder id Deek is considering a move for Ward given that he is benchwarming at Liverpool and 3rd in the pecking order? Surely Liverpool would be receptive to the idea given how well he developed the last time he came here? Boy Woodman would be a good move too. He did well at Killie.

I'm fae Aberdeen. You're frae Ayrshire. You say potato, I say tattle.

Agree with you on this though. Exactly what my wife said at the weekend, which impressed me cos I forgot Ward existed and the last time I took her to a Dons match was decades ago. She was of the right stock though. She went to Anfield for the Liverpool v AFC match a few years before we met, whereas I didn't make that one.

I'm fae Aberdeen. You're frae Ayrshire. You say potato, I say tattle.

Agree with you on this though. Exactly what my wife said at the weekend, which impressed me cos I forgot Ward existed and the last time I took her to a Dons match was decades ago. She was of the right stock though. She went to Anfield for the Liverpool v AFC match a few years before we met, whereas I didn't make that one.

Actually I say tattie! Never heard of tattle before though!?!

Actually I say tattie! Never heard of tattle before though!?!

You say spellchecker, I say doh and fucking bastard.

I expand further - spellchecker being a dark tool of the deep state, biased against Doric, Gaelic and all other indigenous native tongues. The official observer says paranoid schizo cunt. I don't deny.

In the absence of any rebuttal, the argument and case is now closed.

So has there been any further chatter on incomings?  Really has been a poor window. I'm expecting the last minute crocked nobody to sign tonight.

Obviously on the back of the Lewis news, we'll need a competent back up / competition for Rogers.  Had hoped we'd see a centre mid come in.

So has there been any further chatter on incomings?  Really has been a poor window. I'm expecting the last minute crocked nobody to sign tonight.

Obviously on the back of the Lewis news, we'll need a competent back up / competition for Rogers.  Had hoped we'd see a centre mid come in.

We brought in a centre back, centre mid and resigned one of our top players of the last few years. If that's a poor window then you've got some pretty high standards chief.

Rumours on twitter that we're after a Carlisle striker called Sam Cosgrove. Not sure how reliable the source is though or much about Cosgrove's credentials.

Another striker, particularly one who at the age of 21 appears to have failed to score in 25 appearances in the national leaue and national league north, and once in 8 appearances in League Two, seems unnecessary. Though he'll still be better than Maynard.

Another striker, particularly one who at the age of 21 appears to have failed to score in 25 appearances in the national leaue and national league north, and once in 8 appearances in League Two, seems unnecessary. Though he'll still be better than Maynard.

Maynard-esque stats, maybe coming up to keep Nicky company on the bench.