Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were assured we would get a work permit if we just sent Wiggy's full bank details first.  Not heard anything back yet.

:D I like what you did there

Fuck me it’s quiet, this is almost as boring as an international break! When are the team due back? Playing lokomotiv Tashkent this weekend I believe.

Certain down market rag reporting that Hull City have made an offer for McKenna. Other than supposedly a cash offer, no other details.

It'd have to be a big offer. He has all the attributes to be a top class defender. I didn't rate him at all when he first came on to the scene before heading out to Ayr, I assumed he'd be gone but he's been fantastic. Given the paucity of centre halves, I'd expect him to be in the Scotland team in a couple of years time no bother. Good that McInnes has stuck by him and kept him in the team (he had a poor game against the hun and could have easily been dropped) and given him the confidence that has allowed him to play a bit too - previously I thought he was prone to the speculative hoof, but he's shown that he has a lot more than that. I think McInnes will easily talk him out of a move to Hull and with his contract expiring in 2021, we'll get a good fee for him when he does leave.

Good post Rico.

Can't really disagree with anything you've said there.

Staying where I do I took the chance to go and see McKenna play when he was on loan at Ayr Utd. Can honestly say that I was far from impressed with him and asked a couple of mates who are regulars at Ayr if McKenna was just having an off day only to be told, no worse than normal.

Fair play to him though as he has grasped his chance with both hands and long may it continue :thumbsup:

As an aside took a sneaky look on Hull City forum to see what they're saying, but not much there about it all.

Did see one interesting thread though, asking the question if Michael Hector is the worst player ever to pull on a Hull shirt :frown:

Hull would be a shite move for any young Scottish player with aspirations of doing well in the game. Other than money, there really isn't any appeal as they're a poor team in a poor league and a youngster won't get much time to bed in.

Much better staying here for another 2/3 years and seeing where that takes him. If he continues to play regularly for us he'll be in or around the Scotland squad soon enough, which is bound to get him a better move than Hull in time.

As an aside took a sneaky look on Hull City forum to see what they're saying, but not much there about it all.

Did see one interesting thread though, asking the question if Michael Hector is the worst player ever to pull on a Hull shirt :frown:

Always thought Hector was over rated when he was here. Decent player, no more than that. Distribution at times was utterly abysmal for a professional - he's not alone in that in our league of course but never quite got the love-in for him.

Shite state of affairs when Hull City are looking at taking our players. A few  years ago we took their best for “peanuts”.

In the current climate, given the complete dearth of half competent CB’s, I’d suggest

£4,000,000 - £6,000,000 + 20% sell on, or take a walk.

Fucking Chancers.

In fairness for a blatant attempt to unsettle the boy Adkins quotes are fairly respectful.  Hull are a big enough team to turn his head a wee bit, Premier League team last season after all.  I'm obviously biased but looking at it as objectively as possible you would think McKenna would at least want to see the season out at AFC.  Adkins has a reasonable record and would probably give him a chance in the team too but he could be gone  by the summer if he doesn't turn hull around. He's only on an 18 month deal and they are in a bit of a mess.

You wouldn't begrudge him wanting to at least quadruple his wage though and there will be more attention from down south in the summer if he finishes the season strongly given the complete dearth of cb's at the moment.  Probably not to hull though.