Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff. The fact that it's done in this window means we can't be held to ransom by O'Connor. I'd be tempted to let him and Arnason go in the summer now and go for one good midfielder and perhaps a (pacier) centre half cover that can also play right back (someone akin to McNaughton in style but on the right).

Can’t say I really remember very much of Devlin, but he can’t be any worse than AoC, so that should be positive – hopefully AoC is away in the summer.

The whole deal with City boy seems very suspect. He’s been punted round Europe to places where it is easier to get a permit by the looks of things. I don’t mind an unknown quantity if he’s a step up from what we have, but the way this is dragging on it looks like he may not be coming at all!

I would imagine we have a few other faces in mind, but we’re looking to take them in on Bosmans rather than fees in January.

Good stuff. Never massively rated him, but only saw him a few times. Had a couple of good games against us though, so hopefully he'll slot right in on the right hand side. That's our centre backs sorted for next season though. That'll hopefully give us time and room to search for a centre mid or two (or left back) and a striker.

McInnes saying Joe Lewis needs an operation for cartilage damage and will be out for a while.

Could we see a keeper brought in short term?

Assume we'll have to. Is the u20s loon nae injured, and th'ither only 16? We should just put Leighton on the bench for old times.

McInnes saying Joe Lewis needs an operation for cartilage damage and will be out for a while.

Could we see a keeper brought in short term?

Hate to quote myself but according to Tyrone we'll be looking at another keeper.

Never knew that Devlin had been on our books as a teenager :dunno:

Saw that myself and didn't know either.

Not sure if posted on here already, but I heard today that Christie has been offered an extension from Celtic, but has turned it down unless he gets assurances of first team football. The source is someone close to him and no idea if true, but if so it may mean we could have a chance to sign him. Also, I was told he loves it here.

Quite possibly all shite I was told, but I do hope we at least try and get him signed up.

If Christie plays like he did on Wednesday, he can fuck off right now.

Ok already, everyone has a worst performance of the month, season or career just like we have a best performance.

He's a good footballer or at least better than average in the SPFL.

Needs to deliver more end product and needs to turn up in big games. Too lightweight for me and I'd be surprised if he ever had as bad a game as he just had at Ibrox.

Christie is a really interesting one. Don't see him as a permanent first 11 at Celtic, don't see him as an EPL player, so would most likely follow in McLean's footsteps and be somewhere in the championship. There are a number of Scottish players who go there and are rarely heard of, no trophy or cup final opportunities, certainly no Europe, and don't get a sniff of the Scotland squad. Think Jonny Hayes showed him exactly what may happen going back to Celtic.

He's been in a national squad, and here can challenge for trophies and play in Europe. He can also be our star man, and right now he is. With the exception of money (which is huge obviously), why leave Aberdeen. Obviously he has to as a loan player but he certainly has it good with us.

Think Jonny Hayes showed him exactly what may happen going back to Celtic.

And Hayes was infinitely more effective for us than Christie has ever been. Stronger, more goals, more ability to influence a match, just a better footballer all round.

The frustration is that Christie could be as good as Hayes was, possibly considerably better given his brain and his quick feet. We're not getting the best out of him but it's not necessarily anything to do with us.

And Hayes was infinitely more effective for us than Christie has ever been. Stronger, more goals, more ability to influence a match, just a better footballer all round.

The frustration is that Christie could be as good as Hayes was, possibly considerably better given his brain and his quick feet. We're not getting the best out of him but it's not necessarily anything to do with us.

Eventually Hayes was very good for us but initially he wasn't anything special.  Christie has scored 14 goals in his year (7 this season) with us whereas Hayes took in 3 season only scored 13.