Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The January window

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was down in Cambuslang yesterday where i was talking with my hun loving cousin. He knows Kenny McLean well and he told me Kenny is now talking to Norwich City.

I'm can't say that it's gospel, i'm just repeating what i've been told by my family member who knows him.

It would appear my cousin wasn’t speaking shite.  :eek:

Half a million is aright, at least he wouldn’t be going to sevco and there’s no way we’d have got that from them. Win win imo

I think he’ll leave a bigger void in our team than many expect, however for a player who’s made it clear he’s offski anyway - 500k seems a good offer.

Sell.

Absolutely, but it’s too good a deal to pass up and certainly enough for us to get a suitable replacement. Superb if this comes off. I suppose it does open up for the Huns to try and get him on loan  ::)

How is this a good deal?

Are we squabbling for English teans money?

We are the 2nd best team in a decent league with arguably one of the better midfielders in the SPFL.

You may not like McLean people but come on.

The money that goes around the English leagues.

We need to start telling tight feckers to fuck off.

Sad days.

I think he’ll leave a bigger void in our team than many expect, however for a player who’s made it clear he’s offski anyway - 500k seems a good offer.

Sell.

This. His work rate is very good, even when he's not playing that well. You have to look at the standard of recent replacements too and compare him with those. He's twice the player Tansey is for example. I think we'll struggle to get anyone in January who will fill the gap. Is £500K worth risking second place (£300K between second and third in prize funds - but it'd be more damaging than that in the long term)? In that area of the pitch, that's what we're talking about really. Maybe if the Nigerian is half decent it won't be an issue. I'd be cautious though. £500K isn't going to offer us much in January or even in the summer. If the Nigerian boy is good then I'd say yes, otherwise tell them to do one. As Nips says, they can pay more. If anything it shows Hull that we don't dick about with half a million here and there. Motherwell took the gamble with Moult in the summer and they lost out on  (reportedly) maybe a hundred thousand at most, but that returned them a cup final. Second place is absolutely massive for us, it can't be underestimated, and I think we can afford to let the £500K go.

Obviously the player may be desperate to move and he'll obviously have a say in that.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

How is this a good deal?

We need to start telling tight feckers to fuck off.

Economics Nips.

Aye, he's worth much more than half a mil but he cost us something like £300,000 and he could leave for nil in six months time.  If £500,000 is offered you've got to take it.

I would doubt whether McLean will be the difference between us finishing 2nd or 3rd.  He's a decent player but not irreplaceable.

McLean is a difficult one. As Rico says, potentially it could be the difference between 2nd and 3rd. He could also fuck his knee against Hamilton.

You would assume McInnes has been planning for his departure since at least November so should have an idea or two of whom he was going to replace him with in the summer.

The question then is, would £500k secure (one of) said player(s) now?

Devlin is odd, hasn't he been out with curicate injury?

McLean is a difficult one. As Rico says, potentially it could be the difference between 2nd and 3rd. He could also fuck his knee against Hamilton.

You would assume McInnes has been planning for his departure since at least November so should have an idea or two of whom he was going to replace him with in the summer.

The question then is, would £500k secure (one of) said player(s) now?

Devlin is odd, hasn't he been out with curicate injury?

Bird in the hand and all that is how I view the McLean scenario ;)

Devlin we were linked with previously but you're right he still hasn't actually played a competitive minute of football this season as he comes back from injury and as such has to be viewed currently as high risk if there is a fee involved which there patently is.