Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

Are they fuck.

Agree.

Unlike yon tic they don't have the 'proper' Irish connection which appeals to so many people around the world.

Yes they have supporters worldwide but I reckon that is purely down to scottish expats rather than having a worldwide brand.

We aren't talking Liverpool or Man United's following in Africa which I believe started due to the BBC World Service.

Don't recall Sevco getting invited to these supposed money spinning tournaments in the states featuring Man City, Real Madrid etc. In fact I believe they recently had a glamour friendly cancelled in Canada due to 'slow ticket sales.

I will accept Celtic are a worldwide brand but their blue cousins will always be hangers on.

Side-note: Celtic shop at Glasgow Airport. Sevco used to have one but it vanished years ago.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they fuck.

They are. You ask anyone around the world and they will know of only two teams from Scotland, Celtic and rangers...the real football fans will know of Aberdeen, Hearts and hibs. But by and large they only know two teams. Has happened plenty of times to me while I've been away.

TW, there was an old firm Derby in the US a few years back (if memory serves me correctly) and they did used to get asked to tournaments abroad. Obviously not anymore.

Steve Clarke is a great assistant manager BUT his record as a number one is hardly startling. 

I'd be disappointed if our board was not considering Tommy Wright if Deek is exiting.  St Johnstone are always a bugger to play against........a quality that our team does not always possess. 

or Yogi.  Did wonders at Caley Thistle, two cup finals.  And he has worked with a number of our players already.

I think every team except Celtic would disagree quite strongly including St. Johnstone.

I think every team except Celtic would disagree quite strongly including St. Johnstone.

There is no argument that the AFC points haul is significantly improved under McInnes over the previous years, when it was arguably as bad as it has ever been in my lifetime so that supports your view. However, are we a good football team or has the overall standard declined? A valid question, I’m sure you’ll agree.

When we beat Dundee 2-0 at Pittodrie, we were really shite that day and Dundee - unsurprisingly given the scoreline - were off the scale of shiteness. There are countless other wins in recent years when AFC have picked up the points against utterly crap opposition.

The continual collapses v. Celtic are more a mental thing in my opinion, a symptom of a deeper weakness running through our club. I think it’s dangerous and kidding ourselves if we don’t recognise how bad Scottish football has become. The Killie draw at home was a shocker, Motherwell thrashed us in the cup (reacted very well to the narrow defeat days earlier, unlike McInnes) and even though I wasn’t at Murrayfield I heard it on the radio and we were very lucky to get a draw, thanks to Lewis.

I don’t take any comfort from the fact we can beat most of the SPFL. We’re just not a very good football team and incapable of doing anything in Europe, ever at this rate. I think we would struggle to survive in the English Championship and would never have been good enough to get promoted out of the league for the whole of this century.

I can't remember if it was here on twitter or somewhere else, but I've said it before, if the hun are going to make a sleekit approach to tap McInnes up then it's going to be over the international break. That way an absence is less conspicuous.

I do however think that the hun ego will mean they're going to look for somebody with the same "pedigree" as brenda at the tims.

They'll look at the difference he's made since taking over and covet something similar for themselves.

Even with the likes of Coyle and Clarke coming back up north to reestablish managerial careers I suspect their thinking will be based more around a proven EPL manager.

But, that's just my thoughts based on no fact, so, pretty much like your average west coast journalist then.

Are they fuck.

Im well travelled too and though people may have heard of rangers and celtic only, that doesnt mean they are in the worldwide market.

Many expats cant be bothered with their 'home' team because they live eksewhere. The interest can diminish for some.

Fact is the big epl teams are the pull.

Youll ve hard pressed to find a Celtic top in nz or australia or south east asia.

You will find the top epl teams though.

Bein soorts australia shows a lot of the hun games. Even when they were in the lower divisions ffs.

Theyre dead wordwide.

The whole "world brand" thing is meaningless.  There is no value in it unless you're selling something the world wants to buy. There are Ranjurzz "fans" all over the place but they don't have a lot of "supporters" outside Scotland, they're not putting money in to the club, buying TV on a global scale or buying the replica shirts : all compared to the big guns that is.  Said big guns have started to visit and play in the world markets specifically because having "fans" worldwide doesn't make you any money, they need to spend.

Then there is the issue with Ranjurzz fans specifically, they are indeed everywhere but they generally comprise everyone from a broad swath across the central belt who don't support Celtic.  They're not really into fitba and they certainly are not into supporting it financially.  Their last well publicised approach for income from their 500 million (their estimate) fans world wide raised a few grand.  They have the support to be big in Scotland, they are not a credible world force. In terms of manager they are not going to be even doubling DM's salary: he could quadruple it in the English Championship , that's how "big" they are.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Since it's Friday, a song for Dave King...........

When they gave you roses and believed your wild excuses

You were sealing the deal

Halfway down the road and ain't it

Funny how the ghosts, they fade and suddenly appear

You went too far

Oh, woman, now you're feeling the fear

'Cause you've never been alone before, oh

And the wolf is at the door, oh

Now it's better if you hold your breath and don't look down

At the pages of your paper crown

:rofl:

King Kirk your spelling is getting worse you rabid little Hun you.....

He's desperate for a ticket next time sevco are up here if DM joins newco

I hope he gets it  :rofl: :rofl:

What a wanker you really are Kirk. And virtually illiterate..... :wanker:

See you're following comedy gold as me TC

Never ever seen such a deluded bunch.

Apparently McInnes couldn't turn it down as will be on 10 times the wage at them :laughing:

The odds are drifting on McInnes and shortening on Murty. McInnes still favourite but not as nailed on as the bookies previously thought.

In all honesty people get wrapped up in bookies odds. When it comes to manager's markets it's all guesswork the same as we do here, it means nothing, and the amount of money they take on these markets is miniscule.

the more the weegie press report that its a done deal then the more huns will gamble their giro and punt it on, thus the odds will drop.

If he wants to leave then I'm not sure just how that's going to impact the squad, what will piss me off the most is if as a club we just bend over to those fucking skint cunts and let them dictate this whole fucking pantomime.

Cosgrove on SS last night saying he’s heard around the BBC building, probably from McLaughlin, that Derek will be unveiled on Thursday.

Hope obviously that it’s sh1te

That the same McLaughlin that assured everyone Sevco were going to make a move for McInnes last Monday?