Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

Ok going to say it again

Derek McInnes WILL NOT be the new Sevco manager.

Like TC I have spent some time amusing myself at the sheer arrogance and stupidity of your average HUN that post over there. They seem to think that Derek would quadruple his wage by going there. There is not a cat in hells chance of that happening, Also, no Aberdeen manager could possibly turn them down. Anyone remember a past manager that went by the name of Alex Ferguson :laughing:

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok going to say it again

Derek McInnes WILL NOT be the new Sevco manager.

Like TC I have spent some time amusing myself at the sheer arrogance and stupidity of your average HUN that post over there. They seem to think that Derek would quadruple his wage by going there. There is not a cat in hells chance of that happening, Also, no Aberdeen manager could possibly turn them down. Anyone remember a past manager that went by the name of Alex Ferguson :laughing:

I would love to share your optimism. Your Ferguson comment means little though, we were one of the best teams in Europe at the time, winning trophies yearly, and competing with Real Madrid, Bayern, and the likes. Different footballing world today sadly.

I would love to share your optimism. Your Ferguson comment means little though, we were one of the best teams in Europe at the time, winning trophies yearly, and competing with Real Madrid, Bayern, and the likes. Different footballing world today sadly.

Feel free to share the optimism LA Don

I have consistantly i.e pre Pedro and now stated that DM will not be going to Sevco.

The Fergie comment although true, was obviously also tongue in cheek

Apart from the compensation issue, the DOF issue, Jim Traynor dictating what you can and can't say, the salary (that the weegia are underestimating) and the requirement for some proof of available "war chest" McInnes will be looking for a cast iron contract with a wee reminder for him as the mannie Grayson is sacked after 18 games at Sunderland.  That deal didn't make sense for him and the hun move just doesn't make sense either.

The Huns know that they need to bring a bigger manager than McInnes to lead them. They still have no ready cash and they are no bigger than we are as a club right now. I DO concede that they have a bigger stadium and better facilities which does give them an edge.

Last I checked though (Last week aside) we are still in the running for the league right now! So, Until that is Mathematically no longer the case, I say, "If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT"!!!" and leave the gaffer in the job!

COYR

The Huns know that they need to bring a bigger manager than McInnes to lead them. They still have no ready cash and they are no bigger than we are as a club right now. I DO concede that they have a bigger stadium and better facilities which does give them an edge.

Last I checked though (Last week aside) we are still in the running for the league right now! So, Until that is Mathematically no longer the case, I say, "If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT"!!!" and leave the gaffer in the job!

COYR

I'll always start with the disclaimer, I despise Rangers. But so many here are blinded by the love for Aberdeen. DM has brought stability and respect back to the club and I'm very happy for that but what other incentives can we give him to stay and grow, and further develop the club and team? Think we threw everything at him this past summer, and now the stadium and training facilities have stuttered again.

How do you know about the huns finances and available cash? This is getting thrown around but they've spent a lot on players and just sacked a manager. Funds must be somewhere, loans or whatever, but money appears to be there.

Do they think they need someone bigger than DM? They tried that and failed, Barry Ferguson was saying they need someone that knows Rangers. I suspect that is more correct.

Are you correct that they are no bigger than us right now?  Many would argue they are a sleeping giant and we've max'd out. Which direction are we going in? Rangers will get better, plus have facilities that are clearly superior. I don't see us getting much better with our resources, and facilities are getting worse by the day. We've started well in the league but have been lucky, performances aren't great and a poor few results and the huns are above us. We've lost arguably our two best players and have struggled to replace them. Christie leaves at the seasons end.

DM has said and done all the right things for AFC until now. Why hasn't he come out saying he has no interest in this job to settle all of this?

The media down here expect him to take the job; he is on a list of one.

I was of the mindset he wouldn't take it until i saw his post match interview on Sportscene on Sunday. That screamed to me that he was going, or certainly very keen on the prospect.

If he goes, no point in feeling sorry for ourselves. Would give the players an even bigger incentive to finish ahead of the vermin. We have to get on with it, and get on with spanking the scum twice in 5 days would be a good way of doing that.

The Huns and the media would have you believe that Derek McInnes is a Rangers legend and knows all about the club. This is a guy that spent five years at Ibrox, playing the grand total of THIRTY FIVE games for the deceased club and was sent to Stockport County on loan during that time. Hardly the stuff of club legends, but hey ho neither they or the Weegia media would let the facts get in the way of their agenda.

Regarding the question of why he hasn't said he doesn't want the job, could it be as simple as him not being arrogant enough to turn down something that has yet to be spoken to about, far less actually offered  :dunno:

The Huns and the media would have you believe that Derek McInnes is a Rangers legend and knows all about the club. This is a guy that spent five years at Ibrox, playing the grand total of THIRTY FIVE games for the deceased club and was sent to Stockport County on loan during that time. Hardly the stuff of club legends, but hey ho neither they or the Weegia media would let the facts get in the way of their agenda.

Regarding the question of why he hasn't said he doesn't want the job, could it be as simple as him not being arrogant enough to turn down something that has yet to be spoken to about, far less actually offered  :dunno:

DM could easily say that he hasn't been spoken to but is not interested and is fully committed to Aberdeen. End of, no issues. Why hasn't he don't that? Settles the club and fans.

I've never - and still don't - buy this thing that he's a "Rangers man".  He was a Morton fan as a boy, according to someone i know who grew up with him.  Turned out sparingly for them, certainly never came across as a hun's hun.

But... that doesn't mean he may not want the job should it present itself. I was convinced prior to the weekend that he wouldn't leave. I now think he'll go.

And if he does, it's not the end of the world.

And I will say it again. Second place with Aberdeen, occasional cup win = more than acceptable performance and stock remains high with a view to his real ambition.....another crack in England with a biggish club (West Brom ideally)

Joins sevco and gets them to second place at best maybe odd cup win = sacked in less than 3 years and prospects of managing again in England reduced to EFL1 or worse.

DM aint thick...

DM hasn't said anything because that's not the way he does his business. Just as he said nothing last time the hun were looking for a manager, and nothing when approached for the Sunderland job. I said at the time when folk were screaming "why's he nae said anything?" that it would be stupid for him to do so, and the same is true now. If he says "I'm not interested" each and every time a manager's job comes up, then what happens when it's the one he wants? Everyone will be screaming "well he denied the last one, why's he nae denying this one?". It's far better to say nothing as there will always be a next time if this isn't the one for him.

DM could easily say that he hasn't been spoken to but is not interested and is fully committed to Aberdeen. End of, no issues. Why hasn't he don't that? Settles the club and fans.

Could be a positive thing, news that he’s staying would give the club another huge lift, the fact it’s ‘them’ he’d be turning down (only days before a double header against them) would give the players, staff, and fans an immeasurable boost. He knows it’s a dangerous place to go just now, they simply don’t have the resources to compete with Celtic - so his tenure there would be a short one.

Praying he remains out boss.

Good points Al.

He could just be playing with the media a little.

Keep the vultures at bay.

Here's another thought...

Let the media focus on DM. Less stress on the players.

If the story is always DM's Leaving... DM's leaving... And he isn't, and the team go about their merry business of winning football games (much to our delight) and only have to answer "That's DM's business; ask him" when the Meejies (nice combo eh? Meeja and Weegies lol) ask, it's a damn sight better than having to answer questions like "Your teammate, Ben McThornley, was seen at a fast food restaurant again last night. Do you have any comments as to his fitness and why he canna seem to crack the starting line up"? Much easier to let the manager take the heat and not throw a team mate under the bus.

And I will say it again. Second place with Aberdeen, occasional cup win = more than acceptable performance and stock remains high with a view to his real ambition.....another crack in England with a biggish club (West Brom ideally)

Joins sevco and gets them to second place at best maybe odd cup win = sacked in less than 3 years and prospects of managing again in England reduced to EFL1 or worse.

DM aint thick...

Say it as many times as you want chief.  What makes sense to us doesn't necessarily make sense - or enough sense - to McInnes, and that's the only thing that matters.

Prior to the weekend i thought he wouldn't go for all the reasons you and others have listed.  He may still not go. If not, brilliant. 

Off the ball mentioned the scenario where certain managers or players actually commute long distances so they don't uproot their families and the prospect of working closer to their families being a big factor.

Anyone happen to know if McInnes actually lives in or around Aberdeen or if he commutes and his family are based in the central belt?

I've no idea if he'll go or stay, i can see the argument for both sides.

It's my opinion that he probably does feel he's taken us as far as he can. Certainly seems that way as we keep stumbling at the same points every season and he seemed to throw his hands up last week after the dhims game as if to say 'well that's it'.

Even if McInnes did turn round and say he wasn't interested in the job, would that be all it take for folks to take that as gospel? Just asking...

If he does go i'd like to see Jack Ross from St Mirren brought in. That's who i wanted when i thought DM was going to Soondalund and he's kept up his impressive work into this season.

His family are still down here and have been for his time at AFC.

I didn’t know that. Interesting. If I was half my age and learned this, I might have considered this a problem.

It was only in the last couple of years when I tripped over 50% of my life living in the NE. I was born in ARI. I’ve been back in Abz for the last 12 years and I always thought I would want to die here.

My wife and I are getting out of NE Scotland at the first opportunity, which won’t be before 2019. I certainly have no issue with the fact that he didn’t relocate his family. I don’t blame him.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Chris Coleman looking like he will leave the Wales job and if that is the case I think they may well look at Tony Pullis then West Brom might come a calling for Deek?

I think if The Rangers come calling, he may very well go. However I doubt they will come knocking, Dave King can crack all his piggy banks and I very much doubt they would even come close to the compensation needed to even talk to McInnes.

On a personal side you can see the appeal for McInnes, his family live outside of Glasgow, he has  a history with the club.

On the football side of things he would be making a huge mistake IMO if he leaves for The Rangers. Would he get the time to try and overcome Celtic?? I dont think so.

I think if The Rangers come calling, he may very well go. However I doubt they will come knocking...

On the football side of things he would be making a huge mistake IMO if he leaves for The Rangers.

My thoughts too. I think he would DEFINITELY go if offered and I’m surprised they’ve not knocked yet. This is a good thing. It means they truly are in another financial mess. I would prefer to see a better manager than DM at AFC but if I was giving RFC advice, I would give the job to Murty.