Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes to stay with the Dons

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the budget thing is curious based on numbers I have seen its roughly double, thing is ours is sunstainable , i dont believe sevcos is

Are their attendances nae more than double ours? If their budget was only double ours I'd say it's entirely sustainable tbh.

In fairness there’s a lot of good points made there about how well mcinnes has done here. Rebuilding this summer especially.

I know there’s lots of people saying he’s taken us as far as he can and that may turn out to be true... but on the other hand you could argue it’s just as likely he’s excited about where this group can go and building on what we currently have could bring us closer to more regular silverware if not league titles.

It’s a pure guess based on nothing except his comments after he turned down Sunderland but he seems to be very shrewd when planning his next move, he may we’ll have some interest in the job but i doubt that means he’d definitely take it if offered. They’re probably even worse off than Sunderland were, taking the job could well damage any hopes he’s got of a High  level job in England, which he’s made no secret of his desire to progress towards.

I suspect the prospect of working under a DOF may well come in to it too, going on how he seems to have operated with us.

My thoughts too. I think he would DEFINITELY go if offered and I’m surprised they’ve not knocked yet. This is a good thing. It means they truly are in another financial mess. I would prefer to see a better manager than DM at AFC but if I was giving RFC advice, I would give the job to Murty.

Why not Steve Clarke ?.....the best manager in Scotland according to you a few days ago

I think Clarke would do a better job than McInnes has done at AFC.

He is the ONLY manager working in Scotland just now I would be happy to see at us.

Really ?  Admit it , min . He wasn’t even on your radar , if you’d even heard of him , until about a week ago.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Steve Clarke is a great assistant manager BUT his record as a number one is hardly startling. 

I'd be disappointed if our board was not considering Tommy Wright if Deek is exiting.  St Johnstone are always a bugger to play against........a quality that our team does not always possess. 

or Yogi.  Did wonders at Caley Thistle, two cup finals.  And he has worked with a number of our players already. 

Some fresh lines from McInnes to read between.  Also, confirmed there has been no contact from Sevco to club or manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41852170

"It's really sad to see Simon losing his job so quickly," McInnes said.

"It's just a reminder for all managers that working in a good environment is always advantageous to getting results. Results play out on the pitch, but it's managing circumstances and what happens throughout the club that gives the manager the best chance.

"You see so many instances when managers are allowed to do their job under a good structure, results have a better chance of following.

"Sometimes can managers can rush into a situation if they're not in employment or they might think something else is better. We all back ourselves, we all want to go in and do good jobs. It's unfortunate a good man has lost his job, but he'll bounce back."

Doesn't exactly sound like a man desperate to move on, to me.

Some fresh lines from McInnes to read between.  Also, confirmed there has been no contact from Sevco to club or manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41852170

Doesn't exactly sound like a man desperate to move on, to me.

It absolutely sounds like he wouldnt consider it and looks on them as not much better shape than Sunderland.

However I'd be amazed if they haven't been in contact and were told what the buy out fee was and can't afford it. Chris McKLaughlin was adamant at the weekend that they would ask permission on Monday, now I know, "reporters", but he's not exactly flavour of the month at Greyskull, so I'd be surprised if that wasn't going to be their next move.

I think as the week goes on we may indeed have dodged another bullet here.

I don't think you can compare the Sunderland situation to Rangers. As much as they are the scum of the earth, Rangers are a world wide brand and one hell of a big job. It's not long ago that Rangers were dominant in Scotland and doing well in Europe and still are a huge attraction. I don't think any manager takes that job thinking that if they finish second they'll get the sack, confident managers go into it assuming success and support and the job has huge appeal. Sunderland does not.

While I said yesterday Barry Ferguson asked for a guy who knows Rangers, my thinking is maybe Rangers ego gets in the way here. Is taking DM from a smaller club like Aberdeen good enough for them? Is he a big enough name? I think he'd do well there but is he too small for them?

I'm one to criticize DMs tactics, team selections, and substitutions etc but I'm pretty sure that would be the same for me with every manager. The grass is always greener. I don't think he could have done much better and has done really well for us. I don't see anyone doing better than him with similar resources so while I'm not always a DM fan I think it would be a big loss, especially when nobody stands out as a replacement. God no to Wright or Yogi for example. Many of our players are here because of DM too, losing him would be huge to us.